37. Unlucky 7's

Miles became numb as he watched his DJs and Danny trying to figure out a plan to pull him out of this scandal

Miles became numb as he watched his DJs and Danny trying to figure out a plan to pull him out of this scandal. He knew his phone was ringing but didn't bother with answering it.

He didn't blame anyone in his home. His DJs were loyal, and Danny was his true family. Shawn cared for him deeply and had worked to protect him. This happened too fast and was completely unexpected.

He finally looked away from the people trying to save his reputation and focused on his phone. He frowned when he saw Trickshot's name flashing on the screen. Miles sighed and walked away from the group.

"I don't see the point in us talking," he said quietly when he answered the phone.

He could hear Trickshot's unstable breathing in the background. "Are you okay?" He finally asked.

Miles gave a hollow laugh. "You told me you would drag me through the mud."

Trickshot fell silent until he finally let out a long breath. "I was angry. But I didn't want this. He told me..."

He let his words trail off, but Miles already understood the implication of what he was saying. He was working with Brian. 

Miles leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, trying to ignore the feelings churning. "Do I even want to know how long you've been in bed with Eclipse?"

"He reached out over a year ago," Trickshot whispered.

"For what?"

"Information... but I didn't give him much. Random things here and there." There was another shuddered breath. "But he wanted to sabotage you... stop us from making music."

"Us?" Miles glanced at the others in the kitchen. They were watching him with concern but didn't approach. He couldn't see any of them betraying him like Trickshot. They loved music more than monetary gains, so they never stopped producing.

"He reached out to all of us... but I'm the only one who agreed to his offer."

The times Brian randomly showed up seemed to tie together now. Brian always knew where he was because of Trickshot. Hell, it even made sense that Brian would find out he was related to the Andersons.

"The times Requiem performed and he showed up? The recording studios?"

"I told him." Trickshot sniffles revealed he was crying. "Brian... he offered me a lot. Things I never thought possible."

"What? Fame and fortune? Record deals? What could possibly be worth it?" His voice came out like a growl.

"He... he said that I was nothing without you... but I could prove myself if I was with him. Be something more... something outside of Requiem's shadow." He sobbed.

Miles' head fell back and knocked against the wall. "You have talent and a wealth of potential. So don't bullshit me. It wasn't my shadow that oppressed you; it was your lack of confidence."