Chapter 4

Jungkook's POV (Trigger: apart from the usual abuse, suicide is also mentioned here)

"Ji-ji, I can't shake this feeling. A bad feeling."

My wife and I were getting into bed and I wanted to express the thoughts I had ever since I saw Siri today. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Worrying about her.

"What's wrong Kookie?"

"It's about Siri, Miss White..."

"Oh? What about her?"

"During all the times you've met her, have you ever noticed anything strange? Like her wearing long sleeved shirts on a sunny day? Any marks that might be mistaken for hickies on her? Has she had any injuries?"

My wife pouted her lips, furrowed her eyebrows and looked away while thinking about it.

IU: "She did wear a black long sleeve turtleneck top once on a sunny day. I remember thinking she's gonna sweat a lot but I never asked about it. Oh and I do remember seeing her wear a wrist brace for about a week. She said she slipped in the shower and landed on her wrist spraining it."

Hmm... that's not a bad excuse for a sprained wrist but I can't help but think that's not the real reason it happened...

IU: "Why do you ask?"

JK: "I think... I think she's getting abused by her boyfriend..."

She gasped, "Oh no... What makes you say that?" She looked at me with concern and worry. She knows how I feel about this subject.

I told my wife how I saw Siri wincing when she patted the icing sugar off her long sleeved shirt. I knew something wasn't right as soon as I saw her wince. I also noticed the reddish-purple bruise that was on her wrist because when she patted her wrist, the sleeve lifted up slightly. I barely noticed it but luckily I did see it.

I straight away had a bad feeling and made sure to scan her face for any other bruises that might have been missed with her make-up but luckily I couldn't see any more. She must have had some around her neck though which was why she was wearing a turtleneck.

I told Ji-ji how my suspicions increased when Siri said she had a peanut allergy. She clearly doesn't have that allergy because those cookies Jin baked were peanut butter and chocolate chip flavour. She should've broken out in more rashes and started itching if she was actually 'mildly allergic'.

I felt stupid because this means that mark I saw 2 weeks ago wasn't actually a hickey but a bruise.

I'm not totally naive. I know the signs of domestic abuse when I see it. I've seen it with my sister, Jisoo.

Back then I was stupid and naive and I missed all the signs my sister went through. I regret not being there for her because now she's no longer with us. She thought she couldn't tell anyone about it, not even me, her big brother. She took her own life at 21 years old, when I was 24 and just started my gaming software company.

After she passed, I blamed myself for awhile because all those times she would come visit me wearing long sleeved shirts on hot days, all those excuses of her arms or body being sore from "going to the gym and working out too hard" when I knew in the back of my head she hates exercising. Those random phone calls where she was sniffling from crying after "watching a sad movie or rom-com" where she just "wanted to talk to my big bro"... I missed all those signs.

I was too busy trying to focus on my new company and trying to prepare for being a father since Ji-ji was pregnant with Jin and Yoongi at the time. I didn't pay attention to my sister and I lost her. I lost my baby sister.

IU: "What are you going to do? People who go through stuff like that don't usually like to talk about it. They're usually afraid."

JK: "I know... That's the hard part. Maybe if I met her boyfriend somehow? So I can see who we're dealing with and find out his background. Namjoon is a police detective so maybe if I meet her boyfriend and get his name, Namjoon could look into him for me and see if he has a shady background."

IU: "I think you should also tell her you're there for her. That we are there for her. She might close up and get defensive to start with but if you tell her you knew someone in a similar situation and you only want to help, maybe that might convince her she could trust you and she might open up?"

JK: "Yeah, I could maybe say something like that... I'll see how she looks on Monday and if there's a chance I could talk to her quietly I'll try take it."

IU: "I know I'm getting busier with work but I'll try to help where I can too. Let me know how things go ok?"

I nodded and we kissed each other good night and just cuddled till we fell asleep. It took me a while to fall asleep though because all I had on my mind was Siri. I'm glad Ji-ji is in agreement with me and is encouraging me to help her. And I know my sister is with me in spirit telling me to be alert.

I can feel my mind, body and soul telling me to not ignore what I've witnessed already with Siri. Maybe I've caught on early enough that I can help her. Maybe even save her if she's already going down that dark path? Hopefully she's not down that path already though... And maybe this is my chance at redemption for not being there for my sister...

If not for my sister then definitely for Siri. She's beautiful inside and out and is certainly someone who doesn't deserve to be going through something like this. The way she looks at my sons, I know she has a good heart. She deserves all the love in the world and I want to help her get it.

---------->>