Chapter 10

Jungkook's POV

"You're coming home with me," I said with no hesitation.

"What?! B-but your w-wife–"

"Would be happy knowing that you're safe with us. She even wanted me to give you her number today so you could call her if you couldn't reach me. I have no doubts she would agree with you staying with us. We have 2 spare bedrooms, you can take whichever one you want."

"B-but I can't... He will know... He can track me with my phone..."

"Then you'll leave it here and I'll buy you a new one with a new phone number."

"Oh no, please! I can't ask you to do that"

"You didn't ask.  I'm telling you.  I'm helping you and that's that.  I'm getting you out of here and away from that monster."

Siri looked down and started playing with her fingers between our bodies while nibbling her bottom lip in contemplation. I gently held her hand with my left and caressed it, then I cupped her face with my right hand, lightly touching her lips with my thumb making her bottom lip come out.

"Don't do that to your lip. You'll make it worse," I said softly as my thumb lightly grazed her bottom lip. She licked her lower lip then pouted and nodded.

I don't know why but I felt more fluttering in my chest and I almost had the urge to... kiss her?... no!  That can't be right!  That's not right!  I'm a happily married man!

Shaking myself out of those silly thoughts, I asserted we had to leave. "Come on. I'll help you pack. Let's get out of here quickly in case he comes to check on you."

She nodded and stood up from my lap, giving me one more hug which I gladly returned. She came away and then sniffled, wiping her face with her sweater paws, looking all cute.

"The bedroom is this way..." She slowly walked ahead and I followed.

We packed whatever she wanted to take into 2 suitcases. I didn't want her to have any reason to have to come back to this place so we filled those suitcases up as much as we could.

Before we left her phone in the kitchen for Hoseok to find, she deleted my phone number, her text history and call history so he wouldn't be able to check it and find my number. She also reset the passcode on her phone so he wouldn't be able to get into it easily if he tried.

The last thing she did before we left was leave a note next to her phone. It was short and simple and it got the point across.

It's over. Please stay away from me.

We rolled the suitcases to where I parked my car and I felt immediate relief once she was sitting in the car with me and we were on our way to my place.

"Um... Jungkook?" She said softly.

"Yeah?"

"Can I... Well, would it be ok if... I stayed somewhere else other than your home? Please?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and disappointment, "Why? You'll be safer with me"

Siri: "I just... don't want Jin and Yoongi to see me like this..."

Ohh, I get it. Usually they see the happy and bubbly Miss White but of course with her bruises and pain, she wouldn't be bubbly and doesn't want them to worry or be sad.

"I understand. Uh... I can take you to a hotel? Ji-ji's brother owns one actually so that would be the next best place I would be happy to leave you. It's on the way to my place so don't have to detour or anything"