Chapter 18

Jungkook's POV

"Eomma, can I have some juice pwease?"

IU: "Of course you can baby"

Both Siri and I froze in alarm and realised where we were. And the position we were in. And only then did I realise that I should not have kissed her forehead and that I shouldn't have had those lovey-dovey feelings at all. Thank fuck Siri wasn't aware that I kissed her forehead.

My heart started racing now. Not because of how Siri makes me feel, but in guilt and worry because Ji-ji would definitely have seen Siri and I cuddled together. There's no way she would have missed seeing us because we have an open plan kitchen and lounge for fuck sake! We would've been the last thing she saw when she came home last night and the first thing when she walked down the stairs this morning!

My tiny little bit of saving grace was that Ji-ji wouldn't have been able to see me kiss Siri's forehead since we're lying on the sofa and the back of it would've shielded us, but fuck! Our position is still really bad!

"Ohmygod" Siri mumbled in quiet panic as she and I quickly untangled from each other's hold. She fell onto her butt to the floor, pulling the blanket down with her and I quickly helped her stand. We both turned to the kitchen to see Jin and Yoongi were sitting on the kitchen barstools, feet hanging cutely where they were waiting for the breakfast Ji-ji was making.

Her back was facing us since she was pouring juice for the kids but then she turned and saw Siri and I standing there looking frazzled and ashamed.

IU: "Oh, you both are finally awake now. Want some breakfast?"

I gulped as I watched my wife continue with what she's doing like she's unaffected by what Siri and I had done.

Siri quickly left my side and rushed to my wife, "Unnie... I'm so sorry. I don't know how we ended up that way"

IU: "It's ok. Don't worry about it" She said while giving Siri a genuinely warm smile. "Have some breakfast."

Even though Ji-ji was smiling, I could tell Siri felt so guilty. Heck, I felt guilty too.

I walked over to the kitchen, "Ji-ji I-"

IU: "You don't need to apologise. Things happen. Now let's have breakfast. I have to be at work soon."

I quickly glanced at Siri and she looked at me with guilt and apology in her eyes. I know she's blaming herself for our position but it's not her fault. It's mine since I'm a married man and I should know better than to put myself in such a position. I felt so bad for Ji-ji and I wanted to make it up to her.

JK: "It's the weekend... can't you take some time off? Maybe we could go to my parents? The twins can be with them while you and I can do something together? Just you and me?"

The twins gasped and shouted excitedly that they wanted to ride the ponies. I noticed Siri looked a little downcast after hearing that. She took the twin's plate of food and told them to go with her to the dining table where they could eat. Seeing her like that made my heart sink a little and I wondered why she looked sad but then I remembered she wasn't my concern right now- my wife is since I did a bad thing.

Ji-ji watched Siri walk off and then looked back at me. She had a slight frown on her face now and sighed, "I can't. I have to head to the lab and test out my products."

JK: "You've been so busy lately and you're hardly around to be with me or the twins. Can't you just take time off this weekend?"

Ji-ji sighed in annoyance, "You know how busy I can get. I can't just take time off like you can and I'm only going to get busier the next few months. I'll be needing to go overseas soon as well for business."