Chapter 33

Jungkook's POV

It's been about 3 weeks since Siri and I had to stop our relationship and it's been super hard. Hard because we've both been trying to keep our distance and it's affecting our relationship with the twins. Not only that, but it's been difficult for me to please Ji-eun.

The twins think Siri and I are mad at each other and asked me why their Noona doesn't stay with us whenever I am with them, or why I don't cuddle with her anymore since they have gotten used to us cuddling whenever Ji-eun isn't around.

I told them I needed to give more love to their Eomma for now because she has something important going on with her. I didn't want to tell them yet that they will have a sibling because Ji-eun still hasn't actually told me anything. I've been pretending like I don't know what's going on with her while trying to take care of her where I can. 

I don't know when Ji-eun's going to tell me about the pregnancy but I hope it's soon. I didn't want to ask her in case she was waiting to surprise me, like she did when she found out about the twins when she was first pregnant. She waited after her 12 week scan and surprised me with a present on my birthday. She wrapped up the pregnancy scan photos and the pregnancy stick in a cute box and I was so happy that day when I got that gift. It was one of the best birthday presents I've ever received.

Like Siri said, I've been trying to be attentive to my wife. That night Siri and I had to end things, I started wearing my wedding ring again to remind myself to be a good husband.

I noticed Ji-eun was looking a lot more tired than usual and that she's been vomiting more. I've been staying back in the mornings and leaving after her so I can be there for her, but she growls at me to go away when I try to help her in the bathroom. I've tried to give her massages after she finishes work as well, but she tells me not to touch her.

Ji-eun also got really upset when I took away all the wine in the house. But she can't be drinking that stuff while pregnant and she knows that. She kept saying one glass of wine won't hurt but any amount of alcohol is risky for a developing baby.

It's been a struggle trying to keep Ji-eun happy because her mood swings have made her become more cranky and angry with me. After her business trip, she was nice to me sometimes. But now that side of her is gone and she's back to being that cold and dismissive wife that didn't care about our marriage. The wife that didn't care about me.

It makes me wonder if the baby is even mine because not only has Ji-eun gone back to being a mean wife, but she's still 'working late' and I thought that was suspicious since the launch of her new perfume has finished and she shouldn't need to continue working late anymore.

I wondered if she was going to make me think the baby is mine throughout the whole pregnancy, to only then confess it isn't either closer to its birth or after it's born... but that would be too cruel... I don't think she would do that...

Unfortunately, Siri has witnessed a few of the times Ji-eun has snapped at me and she can tell that I'm struggling to keep my wife happy, and that I'm struggling to actually want to be there for my wife.

Just like today...

IU: "You are so irritating Jungkook!  First, you throw away all my wine, then you make me eat more red meat. And now you're trying to make me drink damn DECAF COFFEE?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

JK: "I'm sorry! I'm just trying to help! Trying to help you eat and drink healthy so you can be healthy!"  (and so our baby is healthy too, I thought to myself).