Chapter 35

A/N:   LONG ASS chapter 
--->> make sure you're sitting down and concentrating 🤣

Third Person POV

It was obvious what she had to do.

She had to save them so they could live.

BANG!  Hoseok's gun went off.

"JI-JI!" "Unnie!" Both Jungkook and Siri cried out as Ji-eun took the shot that was meant for Siri.

She took the shot and ended up falling into Siri's arms who then fell in front of Jungkook.

"NO! Stupid BITCH!" Hoseok yelled angrily as he pointed the gun at Siri again.

BANG!  BANG!  BANG!

Three more gunshots rang out, making Hoseok's body jolt at the shots and then he dropped dead. Not far behind where Hoseok was standing previously, Namjoon was there with his gun out and a death stare.

"This is Detective Kim," He said into a walkie-talkie, "Prisoner is down. We need an ambulance here immediately. We have one critical and one wounded."

"Unnie! Stay with us!" Siri said as she held Ji-eun who was going limp in her arms.

JK: "Ji-ji!  No!  Why?!  Why would you do that?!"

Both Siri and Jungkook had tears in their eyes as they surrounded Ji-eun who surprisingly, had a small smile on her face...

Ji-Ji  //  Ji-eun's POV

Why, you ask?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Rewind back to the beginning... a week before Jungkook and Siri met...

"How long?"

"I'm afraid it's not good Ji-eun..."

"Just give it to me straight Doc. I can handle it."

The doctor looked at me with sympathetic eyes, "It's hard to say... It depends on how your body copes with the medicine and treatment we give you... maybe a year?"

Wow... that's not long left to live is it... I stayed silent as I took in the very sad and deadly news.

"I'm very sorry Ji-eun. But with the medicine and treatment, it'll help you live that little bit longer with your family."

I swallowed the lump in my throat threatening to come out and make me cry. I didn't want to cry in front of the doctor. I rather do that privately.

"Thank you Doctor. I'll do whatever necessary to prolong my life. I need the time."

~~~~~~~~~~

I got to my car and broke down. I went through the 5 stages of grief right there in my car for a good two hours, crying it all out.

Denial that this was happening to me. Cancer? Really? I thought the tiredness was just a lack of sleep and iron, but no, it had to be cancer. This can't happen to someone like me. I'm healthy. I eat right. I don't exercise but running around after the twins feels like enough exercise for me.

I can't believe this is happening to me... How could this happen to me??

Anger; I'm only 28 years old! That's still young, isn't it?? I've been a good person and never did anyone wrong. Why couldn't the universe have picked someone who deserves this? Like a serial killer, child molester or a rapist?