Chapter 26

A week after Siri's birthday...

Siri  POV

This past week Jungkook has been trying to ask Ji-eun to go on one more date night to make up for their interrupted weekend but Ji-eun said no. Said she'd rather spend time with Jin and Yoongi as much as she can before her business trip. While that's understandable, I don't think she's being fair to Jungkook. Especially when he was putting in so much effort to try make things right between them.

I felt really bad that their relationship was going downhill and I blamed myself. It all started ever since she found us cuddling on the couch and then it got worse after their argument about our kiss. He's been trying so hard to make things better with her but she just won't give in for some reason.

It's weird because it takes two people to cuddle and kiss, so why isn't she mad with me? I'm guessing it's because of the twins. Maybe she doesn't want me to leave or make things awkward so I can continue taking care of them. But when she speaks to me, she's genuinely nice and caring and doesn't seem fake with me at all.

When she found out it was my birthday a few days ago, she was upset I didn't tell her, just like Jungkook was upset. She came home early one day and took me out to get our nails done, as well as a massage. We dropped the twins off at a little daycare play area in the mall where parents could leave their children for an hour or two so we could have girl time.

Her spending time with me obviously meant that she could  take time out to be with Jungkook if she really wanted to... which I guess means that she doesn't want to...

I just don't understand what's going on between her and Jungkook and I hate how she's making Jungkook feel. Like he's worthless and stupid. Like he doesn't mean anything to her anymore. Can't she see he's perfect the way he is? I would love to be in her position and be his wife. I didn't want to ask her why she's being like this though as I didn't feel it was my place to pry into their relationship.

I caught the look of disappointment and defeat in Jungkook's eyes when Ji-eun turned down his dinner date after she left for work in the morning. I felt so bad for him that I gave him a hug from behind and I rubbed his chest to try comfort him.

He gently took my hands and turned around so we could hug properly.

He sighed, "I give up" he mumbled over my shoulder.

My heart hurt for him. I really didn't like seeing him like this. We parted from our hug but still held each other's hands.

Siri: "Maybe she just needs this time away to really miss you? They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?"

I went to move a strand of his hair away from his eye but then he quickly cupped his hand over mine and leaned into my palm, closing his eyes and letting out a hum of content.

Wow, the butterflies right now!

JK: "I'm just glad you're here."

Siri: "Of course I'm here. I'll always be here for you, like you are for me."

He opened his eyes to look at me softly. Then his eyes darted to my lips then back to my eyes again where he gave me a small appreciative smile. I felt his hand squeeze mine just a little tighter, then he moved my hand to his lips and kissed the back of it softly. My heart went wild in my chest and I blushed at his gentlemanly gesture.

He left for work after that and ever since that moment, we've been giving each other more longing gazes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~