Chapter 9

Jungkook's POV

Guilt. Dread. Worry.

That's all I've been feeling after seeing a text and a missed call last night from an unknown number. Except I knew who it was from. There was only one person who would call me that late and would need me. That's why I was feeling so shit right now. Because I wasn't there for her like I said I would be.

'I need you'

That's all the text message said. I've been staring at the text with her number at the top with an awful feeling in my gut all morning. Do I call her? Do I reply to her text? I'll see her soon enough though at the Daycare since I'll be taking the kids soon once they're done with their breakfast.

"You'll see her soon Kookie." Ji-ji tried to reassure me.

"But she called and I wasn't there for her! I've already failed her. Actually, I failed her the moment I was late yesterday!"

"Stop dwelling on it. What's done is done. Just go see her and apologise profusely. And give her my phone number too in case she can't get through to you next time and so she knows I'm there for her too."

I couldn't shake this horrible feeling. I fucked up. I wasn't there for her.

~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the Daycare centre, swiftly walking behind my sons as they were happily running to greet Siri.

"Miss Whiiiiite!!!" Jin shouted happily as he was looking around for her.

I was right behind him and was looking around too. Panic started rising within me as I couldn't see her anywhere. Usually she's there to greet my kids with my favourite smile she gives them.

"Oh, I'm sorry Jin-Sweetie but Miss White called in sick today. She said she's not feeling too well and needs to rest" one of the other teachers said.

My heart dropped and panic rose within me more.

Jin: "But Miss White said she would finish weading a storwee to me."

"Aw I'm sorry Sweetie. Maybe I can read the rest for you instead?"

Jin: "NO! I WANT MISS WHITE!" He stomped his feet and crossed his arms angrily.

JK: "Jeon Seokjin. That's no way to talk to a teacher. Miss White isn't here so you can have Ms Lee read it or wait till Miss White comes back. Now say sorry to Ms Lee for your shouting."

Jin pouted his lips, bottom lip quivering and tears brimmed his eyes as he shook his head no. Then he grabbed Yoongi's hand since they like to stick together like glue and they ran into the reading corner.

I sighed, "I'm really sorry about that."

"It's ok. We all know those two love Siri so it's understandable."

JK: "Mind if I ask why she's away?"

"She said she had a sore stomach and wasn't feeling too well. She was sniffling on the phone too so I guess she must have a cold with a blocked nose or something."

How are these teachers so clueless to Siri's situation? Have they never been suspicious? I'm guessing she was sniffling from crying, not from 'a cold'. And knowing that she was crying was making me feel even worse that I wasn't there for her.

"I'll take their bags anyway, Mr Jeon. Have a good day now."

"Thanks. And you too Ms Lee."

I quickly walked to my car and as soon as I got in, I had to call somebody.