Chapter 16

Siri  POV

A couple weeks have passed since the twin's birthday and I haven't been able to distance myself from Jungkook. It's just too hard. I've decided I will just admire him and keep falling down the hole of unrequited love from afar. Be there when he needs me. That's all I can really do anyway.

It's Friday today and I've made it a thing where I treat the twins and take them on a bus ride to a park (not the one I usually go to with Hobi but a different one closer to the city) where they can play on the playground and we get ice-cream afterwards. This has been happening every Friday for the last month. Can't be teaching children inside the house all the time. They need to see new things and explore, and of course, they need to play.

As usual, I messaged both Jungkook and Ji-eun letting them know I was leaving the house with the twins for our Friday outing to the park. Ji-eun replied to take photos of the kids if they do anything cute. Jungkook replied that he will meet us at the park later since he's finishing work early today. I got a little excited that he would be meeting us there.

Since I don't have a car, we ride the bus into town to get to the park and the boys love it. Jin was sitting next to me on the window seat, doe-eyes taking in the sights. Yoongi was on my lap looking out the window too, his little legs swinging back and forth.

Jin: "Noona look! That man has bawoons!" Jin said excitedly as we got off the bus at the park.

A little further into the park, we could see a man making balloon animals and shapes for the children that were around.

Jin: "Can we have a bawoon too Noona?"

"Of course you can, Sweetie."

Jin and Yoongi were so excited, both took a hand of mine and pulled me towards the balloon man. Once they got their balloons, we continued into the park and once the boys saw the big playground, they ran over to it, but not before giving me their balloons to hold onto.

"Be careful boys!"

Y: "We will Noona!"

I sat on a bench not far from the playground where I could watch them. I got a message from Jungkook saying he's finishing up with work now and would be at the playground soon to join us for ice-cream.

I don't know how much time had passed but I felt a buzz from my phone again and thought it was Jungkook saying he's arrived. I checked the message and my heart dropped, blood ran cold and I immediately felt nothing but fear.

It was a photo of me sitting on the bench. The photo was taken from my left showing my side profile. Underneath the photo were the words, "I see you".

I started looking around. All I could see were children playing and parents watching over them. I couldn't see Hoseok anywhere. Jin and Yoongi were happily playing with some new little friends they must have made.

Another text came through, "You get prettier every Friday"

I panicked. He's been watching me come to this park every Friday?? How did he know? How the hell did he even get my new phone number??

I could feel myself wanting to cry already and I immediately tried to call Jungkook. I kept my eyes on the twins in case something happened to them but the phone just kept ringing. I guessed he couldn't pick up the phone because he's driving so I quickly sent him a text.

Jungkook's POV

I heard my phone ringing inside my leather jacket that I left in the back seat of my car and knew I missed a call. I was looking for a place to park anyway so thought I'd just check it once I've parked my car.