Chapter 17

Siri  POV

I felt guilty. As soon as Hobi said I was a homewrecker and thought I was screwing around with Jungkook, I felt so guilty and ashamed because I want to be with him. That's why I couldn't look up at Jungkook when he asked me to. I hated myself for having feelings for someone I can never have.

When Jungkook held me and told me I haven't wrecked anything, I felt a little better. I guess it's because he's right. I haven't actually wrecked anything and then he said I made his family better and that made my heart flutter. I was still very upset with myself but luckily the two little loves of my life interrupted Jungkook and I. They really do make me happy and help me forget my sad situation.

Later that night after the twins had gone to bed, Jungkook, Ji-eun and I were in the lounge to discuss what happened today. Jungkook told me he called Namjoon regarding my restraining order that Hoseok claimed to not have received. Since Namjoon was still at work, he was able to find out that Hobi had moved out of our old apartment which was why he didn't receive the restraining order. Namjoon wasn't able to find out where Hobi lives now though, which makes me worried about where he was planning on taking me this afternoon if I had gone with him...

Jungkook also said the police found evidence Hoseok started the fire at the Daycare and that there is a warrant out for his arrest so police are looking for him. That shocked me but most of all it scared me. I didn't realise Hobi would go that far to get back at me. An innocent child could have died!

"I'm so sorry!" I cried to both Jungkook and Ji-eun as I hid my face in my hands.

IU: "Why are you sorry? Nothing was your fault"

Siri: "Because I went out with Jin and Yoongi when Hobi was still out there watching me. He was forcing me to go with him and didn't even care that I was looking after children. I could've gotten them in danger again. First the fire and now this? I shouldn't have gone out knowing he was out there"

I felt the couch sink to my right and a hand was rubbing my back to comfort me. I looked to the side to see Ji-eun with sympathetic eyes, "It's not your fault Siri. None of this is. We don't blame you at all for the fire or for this incident."

Siri: "I don't think I'm comfortable taking the twins out again or going out at all. I don't want him to follow me and find your home– that's if he hasn't already found it."

Jungkook had concern, worry and pity all over his face. "Siri, don't be silly. You can't keep yourself locked up in the house forever. And we have security that checks who comes in and out. We could show them a photo of Hoseok so they know not to let him in."

Siri: "I'm sorry but I just don't want to risk it."

IU: "What if Kookie stays with you?"

I looked at Ji-eun with confusion while Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her, wondering what she meant.

IU: "The office we have is meant to be Kookies back-up workplace for when the kids are too sick to go to Daycare. He could technically work from home. Can't you?" She asked him.

JK: "Oh yeah, you're right. I could." He nodded with a small smile towards me.

Siri: "I can't ask you to do that for me" I felt guilty again.

JK: "Don't worry about it. I'd prefer to be around so that way I know you and the kids are safe."

IU: "Plus with Kookie around, he can take you and the kids out so all of you aren't cooped up inside all the time" She said enthusiastically.