Chapter 22

A/N on Wed 5th April 2023:
This chapter is an edit/updated version. It includes JK's POV in the middle of the chapter-- the rest is pretty much the same but without the hickey since Siri and Joonie didn't do anything 😇
I kept my original author's note at the bottom so new readers will understand what happened when I originally posted this chapter last night.
Borahae readers xx 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siri  POV

I woke up with a hangover and was super tired. Namjoon didn't lie– he does snore. But he didn't mention that it was so bloody loud that it's hard to sleep next to... I really hope Jin and Yoongi don't want to do too much with me today just so I can have a nap later.

Namjoon wasn't next to me but I assumed he was in his kitchen as I could hear his kettle going off and some clinking of dishes.

I got up and out, taking off Namjoon's shirt and putting my pink dress back on. I padded out to the kitchen where Namjoon was making himself a coffee.

"Morning! Wow, you look like a hot mess." Namjoon chuckled and I gave him a deadpan stare.

"Thanks... I do feel like a hot mess though. Shouldn't have had that many shots last night."

"Here" He handed me a cup of coffee with a dimpled smile and told me to help myself to sugar and milk.

"Thank you" I gave him a small smile and made my coffee.

Not long after our coffee, Namjoon dropped me off at the bakery near 'home'. We said friendly goodbyes and that we'd see each other later. Since I was near the bakery I thought it might be good to get some donuts for the family. I even made sure to buy Jungkook's favourite donut that had jam and cream in the middle.

I decided I wanted to be civil with him again. I can't keep avoiding him and making things awkward for us. It's my own fault for falling for a married man and I need to just suck it up. Jungkook has no feelings for me and I shouldn't even want him to have feelings for me because I don't want to ruin his family. 

I walked into the Jeon apartment still feeling a little hungover and yes, I was still a 'hot mess' like Namjoon said earlier because my hair was a mess and my make-up was smudged. I did wipe the corners of my eyes while in Namjoon's car earlier though and tried to fix myself up but I still look like a mess if I'm honest.

I saw Jungkook alone in the kitchen making coffee for himself.

"Morning," I said sweetly.

Just as I was about to lift the plastic bag filled with the box of yummy donuts I bought for him and his family, Jungkook turned around, crossed his arms and gave me a stern look as he looked me up and down, seeing that I was still in last night's outfit.

JK: "Where were you? A text would've been nice to know you weren't coming home last night" he said in a rather angry and snappy tone.

Well that is not the kind of greeting I wanted to come 'home' to. Why is he even upset?

An angry burn in my chest lit up within me at Jungkook's authoritative and stern tone as if I was in trouble. As if I was meant to let him know my whereabouts, like I was his. Who was he to think he could talk to me like that? 

I've had enough of being controlled by men. There goes my being 'civil' idea out the window and now I feel like I should've fucked Namjoon just to shove it in Jungkook's face.