Chapter 75

Chapter 75 "I think, whatever choice you make...

    The mother-in-law that Lin Chuge, Xu Luoluo and Shen Xueyao went to look for lived in the village.

    Her mother-in-law, surnamed Liu, is seventy-two years old this year. She has white hair and a stooped body. She lives alone in the village.

    When the three of them arrived at Granny Liu's house, the old man was waiting at the gate of the yard. Seeing their children, they were very happy, and without mentioning work, they directly invited them to come in to drink tea and eat fruit. Lin Chuge and the others waved their hands repeatedly to refuse, and it was hard to refuse their enthusiasm.

    Granny Liu took them to the vegetable field.

    Three people shuttled through the vegetable field with big woven bags.

    They picked peppers, eggplants, bitter gourds, cucumbers like the old people...

    The more they picked, the more bitter they felt.

    For such an old man, his health does not look good, and he still cannot stop working. Regardless of whether this is because they can't be idle, or they are forced to run around for their livelihood, it makes them feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I worked very hard and seriously, and after picking the vegetables, I accompanied the old man and others to collect the vegetables.

    Several large woven bags of vegetables did not sell much in the end.

    Granny Liu insisted on buying food for them while clutching the banknotes, and they were so frightened that they ran away as soon as they sent them home.

    Passing by a canteen in the village, Lin Chuge, Xu Luoluo and Shen Xueyao went to buy ice cream and iced cola.

    Thinking about Pei Zhou, Lin Chuge called him and asked if he was done.

    "Work is over."

    Pei Zhou on the other end of the phone told her, "Where are you? I'll look for you."

    The commissary was easy to find, so the three of Lin Chuge didn't move anywhere, waiting for Pei Zhou to come over.

    They * squatted on the side of the road and ate ice cream popsicles.

    Probably because it was a canteen in the village, the ice cream and popsicles could not see the more expensive brands that they often ate, so the last few people picked out the ones they were interested in to try. When you're tired and hot, it's comforting to eat something like this. After Lin Chuge finished eating a popsicle, Pei Zhou also came over.

    Seeing Pei Zhou from a distance, Lin Chuge got up and bought a bottle of iced Coke at the canteen.

    When Pei Zhou approached, she thoughtfully unscrewed the bottle cap and handed it over. When she found that Pei Zhou's head was covered in sweat, she handed over a wet tissue.

    "Going back?"

    Pei Zhou took a big gulp of the Coke, leaned over to let Lin Chuge wipe his sweat, and asked by the way.

    Lin Chuge didn't push him away, and wiped the sweat off his face with a wet tissue, then turned to look at Xu Luoluo and Shen Xueyao.

    Xu Luoluo held Shen Xueyao's arm and snickered: "Let's go, go back and rest."

    The four of them walked back.

    Lin Chuge and Pei Zhou talked about their going to pick vegetables, and Pei Zhou and Lin Chuge talked about their going to catch fish.