𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄!

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!
Tara clutches the phone seeing an unknown name. She blankly stares at the phone but then eagerly picks up...
"Hello?" She greeted.
"Hello. Is this Tara Carpenter?" A mans voice grimly said.
She bit her lip as she did not recognise the man's voice. It was sharp but spooky.
"Maybe.. whose this?" She stuttered.
"I'm a friend of your mothers. Shes in a meeting right now she asked me to call and check up on you" he sinisterly said.
"That's very motherly of her!" Tara replied giggling.
The microwave spooked her as it beeps. She hurried over to open it.
"What's that noise?" The stranger questioned
"Popcorn! Im planning on watching a movie!" Tara said while placing the bowl onto the kitchen island. She instantly played with the butcher knife in the knife block.
"What movie?" The man said.
"The babadook!"
"The babadook?" He wondered.
"Yes!" She replied
"Scary movie huh?" He said
"Yeah but it doesn't have the attention it deserves" tara bluntly said.
"Is that your favourite scary movie?" He questioned.
"Nah."
"Whats your favourite scary movie?" He interrupted.
"I have many! The witch, Childs play, amityville, paranormal activity, the Blair witch project, this list could go on!
"What about stab?" He said
"It's a good movie. Well the first one is. It got bad After number 4. I hope the new one coming will do justice for the stab franchise!" She proudly screamed.
"Couldn't agree more..." he said.
"What's your favourite scary movie?" She asked
"Guess."
"Stab!" She questioned.
"Which one?"
"Hm id have to say the first one!" She asked.
"Ding, Ding, Ding..." "I have a better question"
"Go for it!" She exclaimed.
"Have you ever felt a knife scrape deep into human flesh?" He said.
".... No?" Tara gulped.
"Would you like to-?"
"Excuse me?" She jumped.
"You heard me... Tara"
Fear caressed her as she immediately hung up. She instantly texted her best-friends Amber and Billie in a group chat.
'Some creep just called me!' Tara texted
Amber: 'really? What did he say?"
Tara: 'just some creepy shit'
Billie: 'that's fucked up what?!"
Amber: 'wtf! Are you okay?'
A eerie noise pierced Tara's ears as she jumped into surprise. It was coming from the backyard. She cautiously travelled over to peak out of the dimmed curtains. But the patio was empty. No one in sight. Just trees.
She is instantly spooked again by the landline ringing...
Her phone buzzed as she walked over to the ringing phone.
She checked her messages...
It was from Amber.
Amber: 'You should answer that."
Tara: 'how did you know my landline was ringing?'
Tara: 'Amber?'
She suddenly looked around waiting for her response until.
Amber: 'this isn't Amber.'
Before Tara can respond a video comes through of Amber getting ready for bed. Tara became alarmed at the fact someone had Ambers phone and was recording her.
There's was a knife brushing against her window.
"Ambers looking particular fetching tonight!" A voice called from the video. Tara shivered to the sound of the voice. She realised it was that creepy man on the phone earlier.
Tara gets another text from Amber's phone.
Amber: 'answer the phone or Amber dies.'
She ran to the phone and instantly picked up on terror.
"THIS ISNT FUNNY AMBER!" Tara screamed.
"Hello Tara." The voice called.
"Who is this..."
"Not Amber." There was a sudden pause. "Would you like to play a game?" The voice asked.
"What kind of game?" She cried
"MOVIE TRIVIA! Horror edition. Whatcha say?"
"I say... no." She screams.
"Then say goodbye to Amber." The voice exclaims.
"NO NO NO FINE ILL PLAY!"
She instantly texted the police while she continued with the game.
"I'm going to ask you a series of questions. If you get them right Amber lives! If you get them wrong she dies..." the voice laughed.
"Warm up question. Who plays Sidney Prescott in the stab movies?" He asked.
"Tori Spelling!" She pleaded.
"Good. Good. Good. First question.. who did Sidney frame for her mothers death?" He hissed.
"Cotton... Cotton Weary!" She rebelled.
"Second question. who are the original killers in the stab movies?"
"Billy Loomis and Stu Macher!" She yelled.
"Final question. Who was Billy and Stu's first kill?"
"I know this one! Casey's boyfriend, Steven Orth!" She screamed.
She felt happiness possess over her body as she knew she had saved Amber!
"Oh. I'm sorry Tara. But thats not the right answer.." the voice interrupted her.
Her face dropped. "What? No it is!"
"Afraid Not. Their first kill was Sidney Prescotts mother Maureen Prescott." "Now Amber dies!" He applauded.
"WAIT.NO!" She whimpered.
The line cut off. Tara threw the phone onto the the kitchen island before bolting out the kitchen door. She was paralysed in fear.

Tara felt a sudden urge to open the door. So she did. But only to find a person in a Ghostface costume! Ghostface yanked his knife into Tara's lower stomach. But then she menacingly threw the door shut on Ghostface's face before crying irresistibly. Tara had an app on her phone in which she could lock the doors. She locked it. But hurried backwards holding her bleeding wound. Ghostface banged on the door.

In fear, Tara brought her phone out. She tried calling the police but was interrupted by the door security.
'All doors unlocked.'
"WHAT!" Tara piercingly screams while being extremely petrified.
The knob on the door turned. Tara charged at it with full speed. She tried holding it back. But Ghostface got half his body inside the door before she could force it shut. He instantly swings at her swiping skin off of her stomach.

She screamed while forcing herself on the door.
She locked it.
'All doors locked.'
She began to back up while crying. She was so scared.
'All doors unlocked.'
Tara screamed in fright as she heard her door alarm.
She instantly tapped the lock all doors button again before any doors can open.
Her breathing rose and she could not stop crying.
'All doors unlocked.'
"Please just stop!" She cried out.
She instantly locked the door again.
Ring ring ring ring. The landline was calling again. She froze but turned to the phone. She walked into the kitchen and reached for the butcher knife. She picked up the phone.
"Hello?" Tara whelped.
"Getting scared?" The man called.
"Please just leave me alone! I didn't do anything!"
An awkward but eerie silence was there. All you could hear was Tara's whimpers.
"Let me ask you something Tara. Do you think I got in before you could lock the doors?"
"Fuck you!" She screamed while backing up into the wall.
Before she knew it Ghostface reached at her from behind. Tara screamed. He instantly hit her in the gut with his knife before throwing her against the island. He tries to stab her again but Tara dodges and trips him over. He pushes her to the ground as she yells in agony. As she tried crawling away he stepped on her leg. She screamed again.
She tried reaching for the patio but Ghostface dragged her back towards him before stabbing her in the front and back.
Tara heard the police sirens blaring outside.
"HELP ME!" She raged.
Ghostface disappeared before the police entered.

The following day, the group arrived at there normal spot. Liv sat next to Chad while Amber sat next to Billie and Wes. "Oh shit, I miss Tara." Billie frowned.
Amber comforted her while brushing her shoulder and leaning upon it. "Who would do something like that?" Wes questioned completely traumatised by the questions. "Some sick psycho." Chad replied. "Fuck this I'm going to the hospital." Amber yelped. Everyone followed. "Liv come on." Billie exclaimed. "I have something to do I'll be there soon."

Wes called Sam. Sam was Tara's older sister who moved from Woodsboro. They didn't have the biggest bond since they don't talk but Tara needed her.

Sam instantly hurried over in shock with her boyfriend Richie.