𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐄

Sam's therapist viewed his tv eating his breakfast in his silk pyjamas. But then he was spooked by an eager knock on his door. As he travelled towards the door he saw a dark shadow swallowing the tinted glass. "You're a day early for trick or treating you know!" He said unsure of what is at the door. As he peered into the window Ghostface smashed it and banged his head 3 times into the metal barrier behind the door before stabbing him through his eye. As he fell to the ground Ghostface welcomed himself in and stole Sam's files for her therapy.

The following afternoon the group sat at college.
"Okay nerds. Listen up!" Mindy approached, "As terrifying as this is I might get the chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time."
"Okay it's fine. The way I see it... someone is out to make a sequel to the requel."
"Um what's a requel?" Anika called out raising her arm politely.
"Anika your beautiful sweetie. But lets save questions for after!" Mindy continued.
"Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro. Stab 2 took place in college." Sam said.
"Yeah so I mean what would be the motive?" Billie asked.
"Maybe the killers trying to copy the movies." Tara added.
"That is one possibility. We're now in college. Check. Suspicious new characters brought in who are now on the suspect list and our body count. Check, check check check check." Mindy screamed.
"I don't like this." Ethan called out holding Billie's hand.
"It can't just be about stab 2!" Mindy laughed.
"Why not?"
"It would make sense that this was just a sequel. We're not in a sequel. Because nobody just makes sequels anymore!" Mindy jumped, "we're in a franchise!" The group say uncomfortably as she eyed them up. "And there are certain rules to a continuing franchise!"
"I had a feeling!" Sam frowned. "Rule 1. Everything is bigger than last time! Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count, longer chases, shootouts, beheadings, you gotta talk what came before before they keep on coming back."
"Beheadings?" Chad cried.
"Yes beheadings." Mindy replied, "Rule 2! Whatever happened last time... expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by suborning expectations. If the killers last time were whiny snowflake film nerds with letterbox accounts instead of personalities. You can bet the opposite will be true here. And rule 3. NO ONE IS SAFE! Legacy characters... can and father at this point, usually brought back only to be killed off in some cheap vid for nostalgia. It's not looking to good for Kirby and Gale. Oh and that's not even the worse part!" Mindy yelped.
"This is the part when she tells you the worse part.." Chad pointed.
"The worse part is... franchises are just continuing episodic instalments designed to boost an IP. Which means main characters. Are completely expendable now too. Laurie Strode, Nancy Thompson, Ellen Ripley, Sally Hardesty, Jake Saw, Tony Stark, James Bond and even Luke Skywalker all died so their franchises can live on. That means it's not just the friend group... any of us can go at anytime. Especially Sam Bill and Tara." Sam Billie and Tara looked at each other nervously before being interrupted by Ethan, "wait wait... any of us? does am i in the friend group?"
"Yeah." The group shouted
"Am I like one of the targets?"
"Mhm"
"Am I gonna die a virgin?" Ethan asked as the rest of the group looked at him strangely. "That was a weird overshare... but that brings us to our current suspects... Ethan!" Mindy said strolling over to him, "shy and dorky guy who no one suspects because he's so shy and dorky.."
"Okay-wait-why am I on the suspect list?! Because I'm randomly Chad's roommate?"
"Roommates lotteries can be duked. You could've fixed it to get next to us." Mindy replied. Ethan rolled his eyes as Mindy walked over to Quinn.
"Quinn. The slutty roommate. A horror movie classic."
"Sex positive but... thank you?" Quinn narrowed her eyebrows.
"Mhm. Um how did you come to live with Sam Billie and Tara?" Mindy asked.
"I answered their ad online."
"Okay! Say no more you've already implicated yourself enough." Mindy screamed.
"It was an anonymous ad Mindy. And we know her better than you do. Plus her dads a cop!" Tara implied.
"Yeah anyways Quinn's to busy getting off with people than that killing shit." Billie interpreted.
"And that makes it even more likely to be the killer because having a cop dad is a great cover. DO YOU NOT REMEMBER HOW THESE MOVIES WORK TARA?!" Mindy shouted.
"Is she always like this?" Quinn asked the line of the three. They shook their head implying 'yeah deal with it'.
"And finally. Anika." Anika sent a kiss from her hands towards Mindy as she smooched back.
"Never trust the love interest." Anika gave an unsure unwelcoming look towards her.

"Okay so. We have our rules... and we have our suspects..." Sam continued.
"Wait what about you guys?" Ethan called.
"I mean I think it's pretty safe to rule out the 5 of us who went through this last year in Woodsboro."
"Agreed." Chad called.
"Um. Not agreed. What if the trauma you all went through caused one or more of you to snap." Quinn replied.
"Yeah! Or the things you got from the killings made you thirsty for more. I mean Billie your dad was murdered and some of the theories about Sam are-"
"Don't you fucking dare!" Tara screamed at Ethan as he raised his hands innocently.
"Okay. She's right though. I mean face facts if were all suspects... your all suspects!" The group uncomfortably eyed each other revising their suspect lists intimidatingly.