Park

Jan's Pov:

Unknown number
Hey, it's Julia:)

Me
Oh, hey. What's up?

Unknown number->Julia 🗺️

Julia🗺️
Just reading and hanging
out with my friend.

Me
Who?

Julia🗺️
Sophia. She was spying
on us the whole time🥲

Me
Is that the brunette one?

Julia🗺️
Yea lol, she's a little lonely
at the moment bc her boyfriend
cheated on her.

Me
Ouch, sorry. I wish I could help.

Julia🗺️
They've been on and off
for the past, let's say 3 years?
idk...
A little sketchy.

Me
All the best wishes for her🙏,
but I think I'm gonna go now.
I need to eat something before going
to the studio.

Julia🗺️
Ofc, ofc. See you tomorrow?

Me
Sure, bye 👋

Read at 6:46

Julia, Julia, Julia. What a beautiful name. It rolls off the tongue so effortlessly, like some kind of melody. God, I'm such a musician.

But enough of that, I need to get serious. I don't have my studio session for the next three hours, and now I'm regretting ending the conversation so abruptly. Damn it, Janek, why did you do that? I feel so stupid. Maybe I should just go for a walk to clear my head. Yeah a walk sounds nice.

Feeling a pang of hunger, I grabbed a banana before slipping into my dark green winter boots and throwing on my beige coat. I made sure to grab my apartment keys before heading out. As I hurried down the staircase, I nearly tripped on the last step. Yes Jan! Trip and die! Typical.

Opening the heavy front door, I took a deep breath of the freezing air. Of course, I forgot my gloves. Sometimes I wonder why my parents thought it was a good idea to let me live on my own, in a different country,  when I can't even remember something as simple as gloves. Oh well, too late to turn back now. I started walking, already feeling out of breath due to the stairs.

The sun was setting, casting a warm glow on the city, and I could see the full moon rising in the distance. Nature truly is a beautiful and powerful force. I wish I could be as powerful as nature.

As I walked, the sand on the sidewalks stuck to the soles of my shoes and the winter wind blew through my hair. This is true winter, cold, icy, and quiet. Everyone around me seemed busy and stressed, even the children. London can also be so draining sometimes...

Every single person in this city is busy. There are queues everywhere, and the cafes are always full. People seem so gloomy and it's quite depressing to be honest. But I understand why my parents thought this city would offer better opportunities for us, for me. I can't deny that. And quite frankly, I like it here.

Finally, I arrived at my destination, a random park I don't even know the name of. It didn't matter though, because whenever I needed to clear my head, this was the place I came to. Luckily, there were hardly any people around. Now I just need to find a good spot to sit.

Hmm, no, not here, there's a creepy man already staring at me. 

Not here either, I can't sit anywhere.

After scanning the area, I found the perfect spot under a massive oak tree. The leaves were so tightly packed together that there was barely any snow underneath. I connected my airpods to my phone and scrolled through my playlists until I found the perfect one. I have a playlist for every occasion whether it's for a party even funerals, literally everything. Then, I took out my leather notebook, ready to write a new, hopefully good, song.

Julia's POV:

"What's with the smile?" Sophia asked, her voice tinged with sadness, as I tucked my phone away.
"Oh, it's really nothing," I replied, attempting to conceal any hint of what was going on.
"If you say so. Anyway, back to Clay. He cheated. Again..." Her voice cracked, tears streaming down her face.
"Oh, Sophia, please don't cry. You can't keep going back to him. This is the seventh time. You deserve better," I tried to comfort her.

"You don't understand. You've never been in love. I love him, and he loves me too," she responded through sobs. Damn, that stung a little.
"He's not worth your tears, dear. Look in the mirror. You could have anyone in the world if you wanted to," I said, handing her a round mirror.
"You know, Marie sent me a video where he kissed another girl... And he didn't even apologize," she continued sobbing, avoiding her reflection.
"Come here, let it all out," I held her tightly as she cried and cried, my shirt now soaked with her salty tears.
But that's what best friends are for, right?

Her breathing gradually slowed, and she opened her eyes. Sometimes, you just need to let it all out.

"Now that I think about it, I should really dump him," Sophia said.
"That's the spirit! You go girl!" I squealed with excitement, cringing at my words. Again.
"I'm gonna leave. And on my way home, I'm going to call him," she declared, using the mirror I had given her to fix her makeup.
"Perfect, bye-bye. Keep me updated!" I responded as she placed the mirror on my wooden dresser.

She waved and walked away, shutting the front door rather loudly.

Now, it's just me and my thoughts, once again. As always.
Wow, it's already 8 pm. I really should start studying.

I wonder what Jan is up to right now...