Mascara

For the sake of this story the semi-finals and the grand final are more than one day apart

Julia's POV:

I woke up in an empty bed, my head pounding and fear of the past. More specifically last night. The last thing I remember is laughing with Alika at the bar but the rest of the night, nothing. A complete blur. And where the fuck is my fiancé. He just vanished. I'm getting worried.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, black covering my knuckles.
Of course I still have mascara on.
I don't even want to know what I look like right now. Probs twinning with a raccoon and Britney Spears.

I yawned, reaching for my phone. The taste of alcohol is still on my tongue. Disgusting.
What's going on? Notifications after notifications. Am I famous or what? Ugh I don't have time for this, I need to find my soon-to-be husband.

I tapped on his contact and let it ring while I took a sip of much needed water. After about a minute, my call went to voicemail. Weird. I tried again but nothing. Maybe he's already eating breakfast. Talking about food, I'm starving.

I'm still in last nights outfit, as expected, so I changed into something more comfortable after taking a quick shower.

While I was brushing my teeth someone knocked on my door. Must be Matthew, who else would be here. But doesn't he have his own key card? Maybe he forgot it somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time.

I yelled a quick 'wait' and finished rinsing my mouth with a little water, then made my way to the white door. I didn't even look through the peephole and just opened the door.
Brave
To my surprise it wasn't Matt,

"Jan? What are you doing here?" I asked, too tired to start arguing. He looked just as bad as I did this very morning.
Messy hair and eye bags, still in last nights clothes I believe. Not sure.
"It's about Matthew. Just let me in and I will explain," he replied in his deep morning voice.
"And why should I believe you? Why can't you just tell me here?" I furrowed my brows, looking up at him.
"I don't want anyone to see us together right now I-... just let me in and I'll explain," he coughed out, stepping closer to me. I looked him up and down in curiosity but then opened the door wider so he could step in.
I don't trust this man one bit.

"I'm all ears," I sat down on the edge of the white hotel bed, gesturing him next to me, still studying him.
"Tell me the last thing you remember from last night, then I'll know where to start," he found a comfortable position, putting a strand of hair behind his ear.
I told him about the bar and Alika, his expression changed in an instant,
"You really don't remember anything else? Not even when we got into an argument and the whole club went silent?"
"You were there? What argument?" I'm so confused.
"Oh Julia..." he started explaining, my face changing with every other sentence that came out of his mouth.
"...and then we went to the park and you started asking all these weird questions. Then you tried to kiss me-"
"What?! Omg I'm so sorry, I was so drunk-" he shushed me and continued until he finished, taking a deep breath in.

So I DMd Jann to come to the club as a dare, he got mad at me and found out I haven't told the band that he's my ex, then I ended up almost kissing him after apologising my life away. But what does that have to do with Matthew? Well of course the ex part but what else? That was the question I asked him.

"Before I ruin your mood for the rest of your life, please know that I'm always gonna be there for you, even thought you hate me-" he started ranting but I stopped him,
"Just tell me, you're scaring me..."