Connection

My eyes finally fluttered open after what felt like hours trying to fall asleep. Nothing worked. I've tried counting lambs, breathing exercises, changing positions and literally everything else.

Jans arms are still around me and my head laid on his chest. I slightly turned my head, enough to look at the bright clock.
2:56 am.
What's this about now.

"Can't sleep either?" muttered Jan all of the sudden, catching me off guard.
"Yeah..." I whispered, trying to sit up but getting pulled back, now right next to him. He let out a little chuckle and got even closer, our noses almost touching.

The moonshine perfectly fell on his face, his eyes sparkling and curls shining a slight tint of silver. At this point we were both grinning like two idiots. His eyes flicked between mine and my lips while biting down on his bottom one. He took one last glance at my eyes before leaning in and closing the gap.

My hands instantly found his hair. He used the chance to get on top of me, not breaking the contact. A breath hitched in my throat as he deepened the kiss, tugging on my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I gladly accepted and let the moment take over my body. His hair tickled my forehead as I felt him smiling into the kiss.
Our tongues fought for dominance, he won after I  just gave up from all the euphoria.

"Can't- get enough of me?" I managed to whine out between gasps for air.
"O boże, never," he hissed, his soft lips now going down at my neck, leaving bites and marks every now and then. I arched my back as he found my sweet spot.

-

"Ugh I'm so tired," I groaned, resting my head on the restaurant table and shutting my eyes.
"Well, understandable," chuckled Noa, shovelling another forkful of waffles in her mouth.
"Oh shut up," I smiled to myself, still not opening my eyes.
"I just don't understand how you guys are still not together," she took a sip of water. I lifted my head and took a look at the English breakfast in front of me.

"Where is he anyway?" her eyes scanned the room full of people, Jan nowhere to be seen.
"Rehearsals," I muttered, picking at the food. Her eyes widened,
"So early?"
"For some stupid reason. Yeah..."

She did have a point. His manager chose the earliest rehearsal time for him. Well it's not actually that early. 11:23 to be exact. I, I mean we, slept for 3 hours. The alarm went off at eight after we had been snoozing it for an hour straight. Needless to say we're both exhausted. Noa is as energetic as she always is. I seriously don't have a clue how she does it. It amazes me really.

I nodded and finally started eating after cutting the bread up into small squares.
"I'm gonna touch up your makeup later," she stated, not so obviously pointing at my neck. I nervously chuckled but agreed.

Her rehearsal is right before mine. It's in a little less than two hours. The grand final is tomorrow. I still can't believe it. Tomorrow someone is gonna take that glass trophy home. Noa and Jan already know about my plan leaving the band. They support it and that's all that matters. Not that I wouldn't leave if they'd say no but, you know what I mean. It's always great to have support.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do after that but I hope something related to music. I still haven't found the right apartment. I'll probably rent a studio apartment for a while until I find the perfect place for all my personalities and alter egos.
Just kidding.

-

"You did amazing!" I exclaimed, wrapping my hands around Noa.
"Thank you," she mumbled into my blazer since she's a little shorter than me. I broke the hug and took a look at the stage.
"It's my turn now," I playfully rolled my eyes, earning a giggle from her.
"Break a leg," she handed me my guitar which was right next to me. I gladly accepted it, slightly bowing.

I made my way to my spot on the stage, avoiding the boys. Lisa had previously explained the moving and staging to me, surprisingly not yelling. Something new.

The song started with Sam, then me, then Tyler and then finally Matt started singing.

I'm a hopeless romantic at heart
Falling for every beautiful soul I meet
I wear my heart on my sleeve
Hoping to find my special someone to greet

The song doesn't even have a meaning to me anymore.

I'm a hopeless romantic through and through
Believing in love that's pure and true
With every beat of my heart, I long for you
A hopeless romantic, forever subdued

I scanned the room, instantly finding Jan grinning at me.

I dream of candlelit dinners and slow dances
Walking hand in hand by the sunset shore
Sharing my life with someone who understands
My hopes and dreams, my fears and more

Noa had sat right next to him.

I'm a hopeless romantic through and through
Believing in love that's pure and true
With every beat of my heart, I long for you
A hopeless romantic, forever subdued

I winked at him.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find my match
Someone to hold tight and never let go
Until then, these daydreams will have to suffice
My longing heart forever in tow

Now my guitar solo. You know a song is good when there's time for a guitar solo of some sort.
I shut my eyes for that part and let the music take over me. Yea, I still don't feel that connection anymore who am I kidding.

I'm a hopeless romantic through and through
Believing in love that's pure and true
With every beat of my heart, I long for you
A hopeless romantic, forever subdued

I felt Matts eyes on me but I didn't even dare to look at his direction.

As the stars twinkle in the night sky
I'll keep hoping and believing in love
For I am a hopeless romantic
Forever seeking my one true dove.

The song finally ended, me being the first to leave the stage.

I changed into my normal clothes. Black mom jeans, Jans black shirt and you guessed it, black doc marten's. Basically a walking funeral. It's fine though, I look hot.

I quickly waved a bye to the band before making my way to the seating. Noa's phone was in Jans hand as he smiled.
"What's up?" I sat down next to Jan, taking a look at the phone.
"No don't show that, I look like a cow there," I quickly swiped to the next picture.
"What are you talking about?" They said in sync, both bursting out laughing, me joining.

Our breathing finally slowed down after a while and we continued to look at the pictures.
"Oh I like that one," I stated, my head resting on his shoulder. He favourited it without further questions. In total we got 10 good pictures which two of them I posted. I tagged Noa and, of course, Eurovision.

"Oh shit," Noa exclaimed, earning confused looks from everyone in the arena.
"The big interview is in thirty minutes,"

.................................................................................
So I may or may not have made up an interview with all the contestants...should be fun. Or not.
Also yeah I wrote that song. It's more of a poem but who cares. It has been sitting in my notes app for a good three months now.

Anyways, what to you think will happen?

As always, vote comment and follow. Leave all suggestions on instagram @JannOurBbg
Huge thanks to jannsbff
❤️❤️