Complicated

"Name and ID please," said the bouncer, looking directly into my eyes.
"Uh yes sure. Here, Jan Rozmanowski," I took it out of my wallet and waved it in front of him. He took a quick look at the list of names, then took a step back, gesturing me in. I nodded a thank you and entered the club. Now where is she.

"Hey! Zarra right?" I yelled through the crowd so she could hear me. She turned to me and raised her brows, excusing herself out of her conversation.
"What's up Jan? It's Fatima by the way," she chuckled, the drink in her hand almost spilling.
"Oh okay. Have you seen Julia from Beyond London?" I asked, my hands behind my back.
"You want to see Julia? I thought you guys hated each other," she batted her eyelashes at me, sounding curious. Of course she's curious, who wouldn't be.
"That's what I thought too," I mumbled so she wouldn't hear me.
"What?"
"Oh nothing."

There was a moment of awkward silence before I repeated the same question.
"Oh yeah. I last saw her with Alika taking shots at the bar but now, I don't know," she shrugged her shoulders, taking a sip of her drink. I thanked her and moved on to the next person. Alessandra from Norway.

"Alessandra, hey," I greeted her with a hug since she had already spotted me.
"Hello Jan. What brings you here?" she asked, a big grin splattered across her face. How can someone always look so happy. I don't understand. Like a ray of sunshine.
"Have you seen Julia?" I asked, glancing at the bar. No sight of her.
"Weird for you to be asking but sure," she furrowed her brows but continued with the same smile,
"She's at one of the big tables playing some drinking game with a guy. No i don't know who it is and I sure as hell don't know where Matthew is."
Finally a helpful answer. But who is that guy? And where the fuck is Matthew?
I thanked her and went my way.

The music got louder and louder as I approached the tables. They're divided by brick walls. I waved at some familiar faces as I walked past the tables one by one, trying to find the girl who interrupted my peace. Why do I keep making things harder for myself? I just should've said no. She has Matthew, even though he's nowhere to be seen but she's his fiancé. They're getting married.

As I got closer to the last tables I could hear that laugh. The laugh I could never forget. But there was this other laugh. A laugh i don't know. Who is it?

I took a few deep breaths and passed the last brick wall.
Why am I sweating?
There she was, laughing from her heart and looking at the man in front of her.
That's Sam. What the hell was Alessandra talking about. How could she not know Sam. I don't know, maybe she's just bad at remembering faces or maybe there's something else I don't know about. Either way, it's not my problem.

I rested both of my hands on the wooden table, both of them shooting their heads up.
"You actually came," they said in sync, staring at me in disbelief.
"Did you not want me to come or-"
"No no it's just that we were playing truth or dare and her dare was to dm the person who's the least likely to, you know, help her out or come here," stated Sam, earning a chuckle from Julia. She nodded.
"Of course this was a dare," I whispered to myself, looking up, "Why did I think you would actually want to see me. I could be asleep right now, resting for tomorrow but here I am, making myself look dumb in front of my ex and her band mate," Sams expression changed as I said the word 'ex'.
"Jan is your ex?" He exclaimed, staring at Julia, me mirroring his look. He doesn't know? What the fuck Julia.

"Look, it's complicated-"

"He doesn't know?" I interrupted, looking at both of them,
"Did I really mean nothing to you? This was just a silly little high school romance for you, huh. What else have you kept a secret? Oh and let me guess, Matthew doesn't know either-"

"Just stop!" She yelled on the verge of tears.
The room fell silent. Every pair of eyes were on us. Even the bartender stopped shaking the drinks.
I scoffed, meeting her glossy eyes,

"I wish we never fucking met."

A single tear dropped from her eye as I broke the eye contact and turned around, glancing at the room full of people.
"What are y'all looking at. Mind your own goddamn business," I spat out through gritted teeth, loud enough for everybody to hear and left after downing a shot of tequila from her table.

Fucking imbeciles.

-

"She didn't even tell the band that we were together. Seriously, how low can you get," I said through the phone, Sophie once again on the other side.
"Wait what? What's wrong with her?" She replied, turning off the kitchen lights and entering the living room, sitting down on her couch.

It's now about 10 minutes after the 'club situation' and I'm behind the building. Yes I still haven't left because for some reason the closest taxi is 30 minutes away. Don't know what's up with that.
To make the time go by faster, I facetimed Sophie. Thank god she wasn't asleep. She needs to know all the tea even though it's 2 am.

"Exactly my thoughts," I chuckled. I'm not even mad, just disappointed. Maybe a little mad.
"If I were you I would cut off all contact with her," she offered, trying to help.
"That's the one thing I can't do. All the representatives have to have contact with each other for Eurovision. Don't even start, I didn't make the rules," I defended myself, Sophies face changing with every sentence that came out of my mouth.

We talked for a bit more about life before I heard honks coming from in front of the club. That's the taxi.
We said our goodbyes as I made my way around the corner, seeing the yellow car. Ugh finally.
I was just about to open the door when someone yelled my name. What now.

I turned around, searching for the person.
"Jan wait. Can we talk?" of course it's Julia. Who else would it be.
"What makes you think I would dare to talk to you after this," I sighed, rolling my eyes. She only got closer.
"Just hear me out. Please Jan," she pleaded, now just a few meters away from me.
"You have already ruined your chances," I replied, taking a step back.
"I will leave you alone after this. Please," she didn't leave me alone. I thought for a few seconds before sighing and waving the taxi driver off, cancelling my ride.
"You have thirty minutes," I gave in, looking straight into the eyes I once fell for.

...............................................................................
This story keeps getting longer and longer and I don't know what to do.
Anyways, how did y'all like the new chapter?
As always thanks jannsbff
Vote  comment and follow.
Leave all suggestions on instagram @jannourbbg
❤️❤️