Sirius

In the parking lot of Jan's apartment complex, sat a sleek black van-like vehicle, its presence grabbing my attention. Standing beside it was a middle-aged man in black attire, patiently waiting for someone. Jan waved at him, gesturing for us to join him by the car. I shrugged my shoulders and followed, feeling the chill of the spring wind send shivers down my spine. Jan noticed, and pulled me closer to him to shield me from the cold. I smiled at the kind gesture.

We greeted the black haired man and he exchanged a few words with Jan in Polish as I awkwardly stood next to him, not understanding anything. He introduced himself as Sirius, giving me a quick hug. He smelled like cigarettes and cologne. 

Sirius opened the door of the vehicle for us. We thanked him in unison before stepping inside. The interior resembled a smaller version of a luxurious limousine, giving off an air of elegance.

"Fancy," I remarked, resting my head on Jans shoulder.
"It sure is," he agreed while wrapping his arm around me.

Arctic Monkeys were faintly playing in the background. I turned up the volume and began singing along to 'Knee Socks' with Jan joining in. We danced and sang, lost in the moment.

"When the zeros line up on the 24 hour clock," I mimicked Alex Turner's voice. "When you know who's callin' even though the number is blocked," he continued, gradually getting closer to my face, finally planting a kiss on my lips.

The tinted windows and the wall between us and Sirius created a dimly lit atmosphere inside the car. To counter the darkness, I switched on the lights. Jan found a bottle of water and opened it, almost spilling it in the process. I requested one as well. He handed me the already opened bottle while grabbing a fresh one for himself.

The car started making turns, signalling our nearing destination. I peered out of the tinted windows and caught sight of a grand five-star restaurant. Sophie, girl, you're doing too much. I chuckled to myself as I realised that's the place we're going to. Jan squeezed my side in response.

Sirius parked the car and opened the door for us. I gladly accepted his hand and stepped out, followed by Jan. We thanked him and made our way into the building.

The atmosphere inside was impeccable - the walls bright but lighting dimmed to the perfect setting. My eyes sparkled with excitement as I took in the interior, the chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings making me gasp.

The people already dining look a lot more put together than we ever could. 

A friendly waiter approached us, "Hello, welcome to Che Figata. Could I get your names please?" she asked in a kind tone. Jan provided our names and she led us to our reserved table located at the far end of the restaurant.

It was perfect and peaceful. The table offered a serene view but I couldn't get enough of the even more beautiful man in front of me. 

We sat down. The waiter handed us the menus before leaving us alone. Jan gazed at me in awe, resting his elbows on the pristine white table. I playfully winked at him, causing him to blush and sit up straight.

"This is my sisters husbands dogs previous owners grandmas restaurant," he explained with a serious face. I nodded with a suspecting smirk but played along. 
"Just kidding," he broke character, letting out a chuckle.

We took a look at the drink menu, me choosing the red wine while Jan, the champagne. 

I don't like white wine.
It tastes weird.

 The waiter wrote down our order and within minutes, our drinks arrived. We thanked her and began sipping, enjoying the moment. 

Suddenly, I exclaimed, "Jan, your song is playing on the radio!" listening attentively to the background.