Olive theory

"Is this all?" asked Jan, closing the hotel room door behind us after putting the bags and suitcases down.
"I'm pretty sure yeah, well I hope so," I replied, eyeing the space, leaving Jan behind.
"Is it everything and more than you were hoping for?" he chuckled while quoting his own song. I let out a little laugh and turned around, now facing him.

My eyes landed on the bed,
"Yes, yes it is. But where am I going to sleep?"
He furrowed his brows at the stupid question,
"Julia, what do you think... You can't just throw away what we had and pretend like nothing happened," he got serious for a second but smiled as he found my eyes.
"I get that but- can't we just forget the past and start from the beginning. You know...as friends,"  I suggested, sitting down on the edge of the bed and breaking the eye contact. I just need a fresh start.
"Sure," he whispered, unsure of his decision.

After a moment of silence, my thoughts still on Matthew, I could hear my stomach growling.
"Want to get food?" he asked, our eyes locking once again.
"Omg yes," I stood up, checking if my phone was still in my pocket and took a few steps closer to him, trying to ease the tension.
"What do you want?" he opened his phone and started searching.
"I would really love some pizza right now. You?" I asked for his opinion.
"Same," he replied while typing and scrolling.
"Does this sound okay?" he turned the screen to me. At this point I didn't even really care I just wanted to eat something. I nodded and was already about to open the door when he stopped me.
"We still can't be seen together. Remember?" he chuckled while pulling me back and handing me my glasses. I thanked him and now actually opened the door, stepping out, Jan close behind me.

-

"Promise?"

"You,"

"One missed call?"

"Still you,"

"Oh damn. Smile as well?"

"Yeah. You got me wrapped around your finger,"

We're now at the pizzeria waiting for the pizzas. I got a margherita while he got a pepperoni one. Basic? Yes. But good? Also yes.

We got on the topic of music, specifically his music. He's now signed with Fonobo and his career is going well. The studio version of 'do you wanna come over' has been released without me being credited. I'm not mad. It's better if people forget about this but new articles and rumours are being published and spread more and more everyday. It's exhausting really, but I can't do anything about it and neither can Jan. We just have to dodge them as good as we can and hope for the best.

"Is that so?" I asked, the infamous smirk on my face and my hands crossed.
"I was literally head over heels. It's funny to think about it. But times have changed and we have both moved on so-" he didn't finish his sentence and just uncomfortably shifted in his seat, waiting and hoping for something.
"Yeah..." I replied, taking off my glasses since there weren't many people, thank god, and blinked a few times to get used to the bright lights. He looked a little bit disappointed but I just brushed it off by looking at the clock on the brick wall.

2:23pm

I need to meet with my manager at four. We have time. She's probably gonna talk about Matthew. Even thinking of him makes me want to cry. All the months and years full of memories, wasted. I need to move on. I can't keep living like this.

My thoughts were interrupted by the pizzas being served. I'm so hungry it should be illegal.
"One Margherita and one pepperoni. Is that right?" the waitress asked, mainly looking at Jan.
"Yes and thank you," he politely replied, intertwining our legs under the table and shooting a 'help me' look at me. I just smirked and nodded, not saying anything. Yes I'm petty, what about it?

Both of us have taken off our hoods and glasses so maybe she recognises us. Jans hair is in a low bun and so is mine. Ugh we're so bad at this disguising thing. Nobody is supposed to know except my manager, the band and of course us. Speaking of the band, they haven't texted me, not even a simple sorry. The sadness is slowly turning into anger.

"Jann?" she asked, her eyes full of excitement. Ok maybe she only recognises Jan-
"And you're Julia?" she finally looked at me and tilted her head in confusion.

Well shit.

"Didn't you two-"
"Could you please leave us alone. Thank you for understanding," my face dropped as I interrupted and took a sip of water. She quickly apologised and vanished to the kitchen, feeling embarrassed.

"The audacity," I scoffed, looking down at my pizza. He nervously chuckled.
"Oh my fucking god," I groaned, bringing my hand to my forehead and shutting my eyes.
"What?" he asked in a confused tone, also taking a look at my pizza.
"There's olives. Who in the right mind puts olives on a margherita," I whispered, trying to contain my anger.
"You don't like olives?" he pointed at the toppings.
"I despise them," I opened my eyes, "The universe isn't on my side today."
"I can take them, I love olives," he suggested, shrugging.
"How can you like olives? They're disgusting, but yeah sure," I agreed, sliding the plate to him. He ate them one by one while I looked at him like he had just murdered someone. We finally started eating after a few more minutes.

-

"Have a wonderful rest of the evening," said the same waitress after we paid, waving at us. Have you not embarrassed yourself enough?
We mirrored her action and exited the pizzeria. I put on my sunglasses and snapped a quick picture of myself, Jan could not be seen since he's in front of me.

"I have a surprise for you," he stated after also putting on his glasses, earning a confused look from me. He pointed at a familiar looking black car right next to the building. Next to it stood a man. Black hair, dark eyes, black pants and a black shirt. He had spotted me. Then realisation hit me.
"Omg is that Sirius?!" my eyes widened. Jan chuckled and nodded, taking my hand and guiding me to the vehicle.

"Jan! Julia!" he hugged us both. He smelled of cigarettes just like I remembered.
"It's been so long," I broke the hug and took a quick look at Jan who was grinning like crazy while also looking at me.
"It sure has," he mumbled, breaking the eye contact and embracing Sirius once again.
"So how are you guys? Three years going strong am I right?" he smirked and nudged Jans shoulder. My face dropped.
"About that..."
"We're not together," he finished my sentence while looking at the ground.
"Oh. And why's that?" Sirius's expression changed.
"Long story," I faked a little smile and let go of Jans hand.

Sirius nodded understandingly. After a minute of uncomfortable silence he offered to take us back to the hotel. We agreed and made ourselves comfortable in the back. All the memories hit like a brick. Our first date. The night I could never forget even if I tried.

The whole ride there was silent. We arrived in front of the huge building and said our goodbyes to Sirius. He smiled at us and left, leaving us behind.

"I have a meeting with my manager in ten so, I better go," I excused myself and rushed to the door. He didn't say anything.

.................................................................................
This chapter was written at school, at the hospital and while I should be sleeping👍
Do you like olives? I hate them.
I'm listening to Cyprus's Eurovision entry right now and it's criminally underrated. So good.

Anyhow, vote comment and follow as always.
Leave all suggestions on instagram @jannourbbg
Thank you  jannsbff for helping me when my mind was blank
❤️❤️