Stumble

We sat down around a table in one of the only restaurants open at 6 am. Jan took the seat next to me while Sophie and Edyta sat opposite of us already looking at the menus that were brought to us.

"I'm not even that hungry," I mumbled so only Jan could hear me.
"'Think I'm just gonna get a coffee or something," a yawn escaped my mouth as I pointed at the drink menu.
"We have a long day ahead. You should at least eat a little," he suggested but I stood with my decision, only ordering the coffee. A black coffee, as always.

I silently sipped on my drink, watching everyone eat. Jan had gotten the pasta bolognese, Sophie and Edyta shared a pizza. I'm glad they get along.
"You sure you don't want to try?" Jan snapped me out of my thoughts for the second time today, or third. I'm not sure. I shook my head and just continued sipping.

"Julia you didn't eat anything besides the toast in the English breakfast yesterday either. Noa told me," our eyes locked but I quickly looked down, "I'm getting worried about you," his expression was soft but you could tell he was being genuine by the line forming between his brows as they were furrowed.
"I'm fine," I lied, lifting my head up to find him staring right into my soul. Gosh he can read me like a book. He shook his head and was just about to say something when Edyta interrupted us.

"Julia, I've been meaning to ask you this the whole morning," she started, all eyes on her except Jans that remained on me.
"What are those marks- or bruises rather on your neck? Are you okay? Did something happen to you?"

Jan tried so hard to keep his eyes on me but failed. Now all eyes were on his mother. Sophie couldn't help the smirk forming on her lips while I could feel my face getting hot. Jan glared at his mom.

"I must've um- burned myself with my uh...curling iron or something," my voice slightly trembled as I locked eyes with her, my hand instantly covering the bruises.

"But yeah, I'm okay, just not good at doing my hair alone. Becoming a hairdresser isn't exactly my destiny," I chuckled, trying to ease the tension. Jan put on a fake smile and pulled me closer. He whispered an I'm so sorry in my ear, I smiled in response.
Edyta got it...I think...? She didn't exactly look convinced but at least she moved on. Well back to talking with Sophie.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that," his voice grew lower as did his gaze.
"Do what?" I looked at him confused.
"You know-" he got closer to my neck, eventually quickly pecking my jawline. A breath hitched in my throat by the sudden contact. His expression remained innocent as he got back up on my level but was replaced with a slight smirk when he saw my face.

"I forgive you," I whispered, avoiding eye contact.
"I'll never do it again," he said, a hint of falseness in his voice.
"No that's not what I said," I replied maybe a little too quickly. He let out a chuckle and finally continued eating his pasta.
"You still need to eat something,"
"I need to go to the bathroom."

-

It's rehearsal time. Final rehearsals to be specific. I've just come off stage and am now sitting in the greenroom with the band. Up next is Jan. I still haven't actually seen the performance myself which sounds unbelievable and is. My eyes are fixated on the stage. The workers are busy with moving the platforms to the right place and the lighting is being changed. I could feel eyes on me but I really didn't care.

Jan finally entered the stage, on top of one of the platforms. No backup dancers as he said. He doesn't need them either. The lights flicked off as the intro to gladiator started playing. A smile instantly crept on my face when I saw him. The chains on his shirt added to it.
Is that the sunflower necklace or am I tripping? Omg yes it is. He didn't take it off. Like a reflex, my hand found the pendant. Oh what will I do without him.