The Beatles

"Black or silver," I threw our hotel room door open, accidentally hitting the wall and startling Jan.
"Huh?" he flinched sleepily while rubbing his eyes.

"Black or silver," I repeated myself, closing the door behind me and making my way to the bed, turning on the small yellow lamp.
"What are you talking about?" he yawned, stretching his arms out on either side. I rolled my eyes and showed him the two nail polishes, one in the right and the other in my left hand. He squinted his eyes, still not completely present in the moment. Typical.

"Julia, It's late," his eyes landed on mine.
"So?" there was a moment of silence. He sighed, knowing he doesn't have any other choice. I gave him my best puppy eyes, earning a slight chuckle.
"Both," he finally answered after examining the two glass bottles.
"Indecisive much," I snickered at his decision and stood up, placing the polishes on the bedside table and trying to find a hard surface for painting the nails.

Ah, perfect. A random book of 'The Beatles'. What more did I expect. We're in Liverpool after all.
I rested the book on the bed and sat opposite of Jan, taking the black polish, our shoulders slightly brushing.

"Give me your hand," I stated, already twisting the cap off the polish. He tilted his head in confusion, squinting his eyes once again.
"I'm gonna paint your nails, if that's okay of course," I explained, looking up at him. He shrugged and then nodded.

It's now two days until the grand final and I had just come back from an interview. They asked so many questions about me and Jan. I can't even really deny the rumours anymore since the instagram 'scandal'. Can I even call it that? I really don't know.
I've always been the person who says 'idgaf' but then cries themself to sleep after any minor inconvenience. Why am I like this...

I also haven't talked to the band. They've done the rehearsals without me. I still have to be there for the final rehearsals which are happening tomorrow and the day of the final.

Me and Noa have become friends and she's such a sweetheart. She reminds me of a golden retriever. Her energy is like a ray of sun.

Jan hit Käärijä up after I assured him that he will not bite him. Jere does look intimidating but he's actually really nice.
They and Bojan got lunch together while I searched apartments for sale in central London. He was away for quite a long time and took a nap after getting back.
That's when I left for the interview so he has slept for two and a half hours. Good for him. I on the other hand have been running on caffeine for the past week and a half. I'm exhausted but it is what it is. Can't really do anything about it.

After the incident on the roof, things have been different between us but we both haven't had the courage to talk about it yet. It's crazy to think that in about three days he's gonna be back in Poland and I in London. Really scary actually. Do I just forget about it or what?

"This okay?" I asked after finishing with the first coat. All the nails are painted black except the middles which are silver. Very typical of me.
"I love it," he exclaimed, taking a closer look, his hair almost ruining the design.

"Be careful with that," I warned him while brushing the stray hair strands out of his face.
"Yes mom," he looked at me through his brows, smirking. I playfully pushed him away, now me almost ruining the nails.

"You're cute," I could feel my cheeks flushing and turning hot.
"Shut up flowerboy," I let out a giggle while hiding my face with a random pillow. Then realisation hit me,
"Did I really just say that?"
"I guess you did, apricity," was his reply.

I haven't heard that word in so long. Omg that Poland trip. I loved every second of it. I still have the clothes from the vintage store. This is why you need a Time Machine.
My thoughts got interrupted by Jans phone dinging.

"Can you check it? I can't move," he pointed at his phone on the tv table. Why does he trust me so much? After all that club drama, how does he still trust me?
I nodded and stood up, making my way to the tv. I turned the phone on, my eyes widening as I saw Sophie's name on the screen.

"What the fuck," he looked at me, confused by my tone.
"Why are you still talking with Sophie?" I looked down at the phone with furrowed brows.
"What, so I can't have friends anymore?" he scoffed, obviously uncomfortable.
"No not that. It's just that, why is she asking about me- Omg did you tell her?!" It finally hit me. Our eyes locked.

"Maybe-"
"What do you mean maybe?!"
"Ok yes I did. She misses you, don't you understand?" His expression was apologetic. My eyes softened as I thought of the last time me and Sophie were together. The day I went to ICU and met Matt. Oh how I thought we were gonna be end game. I thought wrong.

"She wants to FaceTime," i brushed it off and looked at the message.
"Would you be okay with it?" he asked, unsure.
"Sure," I muttered. I brought the phone to him and asked for the four-digit code.

"Your birthday," he whispered almost inaudibly, embarrassed. I chuckled and unlocked the phone. I tapped the FaceTime button and set the phone on the bedside table against the water glass. Jan followed my every move, the smirk not leaving his face.

"Stop staring-"
"Hey!" I got interrupted by Sophie greeting us. Well mostly Jan. Her expression changed and eyes widened when she saw me waving.
"I fucking knew it," she chuckled before continuing, "I knew y'all would get back together." My lips formed a thin line as I turned to Jan. To my surprise he was still grinning from ear to ear.

"We're not exactly together...I'm just his roommate for now," I avoided eye contact while taking Jans hand and adding the second coat of nail polish.
"Oh I see..." they changed the topic and started talking about everything and anything. I stayed silent for most of the time, only saying a couple words or nodding my head if needed. As I finished with the last coat and let them dry, I took a couple pictures of the nails.
I was just about to leave when Jan pulled me back.

"Where are you going?" he asked, still in a conversation with Sophie.
"I just thought you would want to talk with Sophie, alone," I shrugged and sat back down, now a little closer to him.
"Could I paint your nails?" his voice sounded unsure for the millionth time today. I looked at the phone, finding my former best friend nodding repeatedly. Sophie will never change.

"Okay," I agreed breathily. Jan had already taken the silver bottle and screwed it open. He gently took my left hand and started applying the cold glue-like polish.

A small smile crept on my face as I looked up at him. He was biting down on his lip as he carefully coated the nails, looking concentrated as ever. I fully forgot that Sophie was still on the phone until she started asking questions about what I've done after ICU. The conversation moved from one topic from another, Jan remaining silent and focused.

"Aaand finished," he stated while looking down at his masterpiece, proud. They were painted exactly like his, just the opposite colours. I can already see the news articles and rumours of us dating. I try not to think too much of it but it's impossible not to.

"Not bad. I'm impressed," I looked down at my now painted nails and nodded approvingly. Little to no mistakes. This guy is talented in every way. He let out a giggle and so did Sophie.

After a bit more talking and laughing, we ended the call and spent time together. Just me and Jan. Then we drifted into deep sleep, my head resting on his chest.
One more day until the finals.

.................................................................................
This is just cute a filler chapter bc I have been so busy this week and didn't have time to really think about it.
Also I'm sick🤩 my throat feels like sandpaper and I have a fever🤭
Aaaand I'm getting braces. Finally. I'm scared tho.
As always, vote comment and follow.
Leave all suggestions on instagram @jannourbbg
❤️❤️