Chapter #3

_____________
4 Years Later.
Louri’s POV
So they are starting shootting the Avengers movie that’s being released next year. It’s kinda funny my brother plays a Captain but I am an actual Captain. I’m currently in Chris’s trailer waiting for him to get back from make up. MARVEL made me sign an NDA so I could come on set. I have the week off from work because my unit is being deployed next week so I decided to spend as much time with Chris and Scarlett who I have become good friends with as possible. I am going through some work emails when I hear a knock on the door. “It’s open!’ I yell. “You’re not Chris.” A male voice says and I look up to see The Robert Downey Jr. Standing there in full make up and costume. “No Mr. Downey I’m not.” I say trying to keep my cool. “You must be the real Captain then.” He says with a smile. “Yes sir. Captain Louri Evans at your service.” I say making him laugh. “Please call me Robert.” He says holding out his hand. “You can just call me Louri. It’s nice to meet you. I wasn't able to see you when I was on set visiting Scarlett while you guys were filming Iron Man 2.” I say shaking his hand. “Oh where are my manners? Please sit make yourself comfortable. Can I get you something to drink?” I ask as I gesture for him to sit at the small table with me. “Um, just water please if it’s no trouble.” He asks politely. “Oh no trouble at all. Here you go.” I say handing him a water bottle I got out of the small fridge. I swear you could live in this thing. “Oh so you’re the same Louri that Scarlett has mentioned before?” He questions. I raise an eyebrow. “Scarlett has mentioned me to the RDJ?” I say jokingly. “Yes I’m the same Louri.” I say seriously. “So how many members of the MARVEL cast have you met so far?” He asks. “Well my brother obviously, Scarlett, and now you.” I say. “Oh we’ve got to fix that.” He says completely serious. “I don’t know, I mean there are some pretty big stars like you, and I’m just a marine Captain.” I say, a little nervous. “Oh nonsense. Come on they will love you plus we can mess with your brother about you being an actual captain.” He says with a smile getting up from his seat. “Ok lets go.” I say gaining some confidence. We walk up to the main set they are filming in today and I find everyone in full make up and costume. “Scar you have a different suit.” I say surprised. “Yeah what do you think?” She asks a little shyly. “I think it looks great much better than the other one.” I say giving her a hug. “Uh who are you?” I hear a deep male voice behind me and I don’t even have to turn around to know it’s Samual L. Jackson. “Sam this is Captain Louri Evans. She is Chris’s little sister and a friend.” Scarlett says using my title. “Well then it’s nice to meet you Captain. I’m Samual L. Jackson.” He says kindly holding out his hand. “Yeah I kinda already knew who you were. But please just call me Louri I’m off duty and Captain is too formal.” I say with a smile shaking his hand as Chris Hemsworth comes up to introduce himself. “Hey I’m Chris Hemsworth nice to meet you.” He says as he holds out his hand. “It’s nice to meet you too Chris. I loved the Thor movie.” I say shaking his hand making him smile. I end up meeting the rest of the cast but my brother still hasn’t shown up yet. “Where’s Chris Scar?” I ask. “I think he is in the mess hall getting something to eat.” She says. “Yeah and where is that?” I ask. “Come on, I'll show you.” She tells me as we make our way off the set and to the mess hall. “So how have you been I haven’t seen you since we had coffee last month?” Scar asks. “I’m good, I'm glad they gave us the week off before we go back to Afghanistan.” I say as I put my arm over her shoulder. “I hate it when you go on tour.” She admits. “Don’t worry I’ll still be able to call.” I say trying to comfort her knowing all of my loved ones hate it when I go on tour but they understand and support me. “You better or I will kick your ass when you get home.” She jokes. “I do not want to fight you. I know you do all of your own stunts and know how to fight. I don’t want you to go all Black Widow on me.” I say making her laugh as we enter the mess hall. Scarlett’s laughing catches my brother’s attention. “Hey you two hope you aren’t causing any trouble.” He jokes looking at us. “No. Robert came to your trailer looking for you and we introduced each other, and when I had told him I hadn’t met the rest of the cast yet he said that he had to fix that so he brought me to the main set you guys are filming on today so I could meet the rest of the cast.” I explain and he just nods as he takes another bite of his food. “Nice suit by the way, Captain.” I joke. “Thanks Cap.” He jokes back using his character's name making us all laugh. “Come on you two I’m sure you’re needed on set.” I say as Chris finishes up his food. The three of us make it back to set laughing at stupid stories of me and Chris. “Here you can sit in my chair, here are some headphones so the explosions don’t set you off.” Chris says and I smile at his thoughtfulness. “Thanks Chris.” I say as I sit down and they walk on set. “Break a leg Chrissy!” I yell before they yell for them to start. I just watch them do their thing I did have to step out when the pyrotechnics started. Once I was out of their eye sight I bolted to Scarlett’s trailer since it was closer and I could feel a panic attack coming on.
Flash Back
(CORPORAL GET DOWN NOW!! I scream to Corporal Henderson as we start getting shot at. “CAPTAIN!!!!” I hear Sargent Devon scream out in pain behind me. I run over to him and pull him to cover before taking a look at his leg since I am also a trained medic. “Shit.” I mumble under my breath as I look at his leg. I get a turneket on his leg to help stop the bleeding but there is no way they with be able to save his leg from the knee down part of it is already gone. “I don’t feel so good Captain.” He says as he looses all color in his face as he continues to lose blood. “WHERE IS THAT FUCKING MED EVAC I CALLED IN!!!!!” I scream. “Their 5 minutes out Cap.” Henderson informs me. They won’t be here in time I think to myself. “Captain make sure you bring my body back please.” Sargent Devon begs as he starts to close his eyes. “DON’T YOU FUCKING CLOSE YOUR EYES DEVON!!” I scream. “It’s ok Cap you did what you could.” He says trying to comfort me when it’s suposed to be the other way around. I’ve known him since he joined I trained him myself. “NO DEVON PLEASE!!” I start to cry. “DEVON!!? DEVON ANSWER ME!!” I yell checking for a pulse finding none. “DAMN IT!!” I yell defeated he was more than just a soldier he was also my friend someone I considered family.) End of flash back
Scarlett’s POV
Lor isn’t in Chris’s chair anymore I hope she is ok. After another hour they call cut and I start to head to my trailer and that’s when I hear her screaming. “NO! NO!” She screams I take one look at Chris and he nods and we take off running to my trailer. “RETURN FIRE!!” She screams out again. Then she let’s a scream that is just pure pain. “DEVON!!!! NO!!! PLEASE!!!” She screams as her voice breaks and is starting to get hoarse from screaming. I just run into my trailer finding her on the floor up against the wall sobbing. “Louri!” I yell trying to get her attention and it seems to work. “Scarlett?” She asks in a cracked voice. “Yeah it’s me. You’re in my trailer, not Afghanistan. You’re safe.” I say trying to comfort her. She just launches herself into my arms as she cries. I rub her back just whispering ‘you’re safe’ and ‘I’m here’ every once and awhile. “I lost him.” She mubles. “Who?” I question softly ignoring the voices of the rest of the Avengers cast asking what’s happening. “Sargent Devon. I couldn’t save him.” She says as her cries calm down and she looks up at me. She sounds so broken and it breaks my heart I can see Chris out of the corner of my eye silently crying hating seeing his little sister in pain. “Will it help to tell me about him?” I ask not really knowing what to do in a situation like this. She nods her head as it still is resting against my chest as I continue to rub her back. “He was a smart kid and rose up the ranks fast for such a young man. I met him when he was just 19 he was a PFC at the time. Fresh from boot camp and eager to learn anything he could about the Marine Corps and it’s history. He managed to go from PFC to Sergeant in just 2 years which is really impressive. He was only 21 when he died on my last tour. His leg it was just too bad no matter what I did I couldn’t stop the bleeding fast enough. The damn MedEvac was too late; he was gone before they got to us.” She says telling me about this young man. “He sounds like he was a good man.” I say tightening my grip on her as I feel a wave of emotions wash over me but I try to be strong for her right now. “He told me that it was ok.” She says as she starts to cry again but now I can’t keep my own tears from falling so I just hold her as she sobs and I cry silently. After about 10 minutes she had cried herself to sleep in my arms. “Chris, can you help me get her in my bed? She is asleep.” I whisper over to him he just nods and picks up his sister as I pull the blankets over so she can be under them. I don't want her to be cold. After Chris laid her down and I put the blanket over her we left the small bedroom and closed the door. “I um will tell the cast that she’s ok, they are worried.” Chris says. “I’ll go with you.” I say and he just nods. When I get to the doorway I see the Avengers cast all standing there with tears in their eyes. They clearly heard her screams. At least I don’t know if they heard what she told me. “How is she?” Robert is the first to speak. “She’s sleeping. Excuse me, I need to get out of this costume.” Chris says trying to hide his emotions as he walks away to his trailer I make a mental note to check on him later. “When I heard the screams my heart shattered. I know I only met her today but she already feels like family, you know?” Robert rambles. “I'll let you guys know when she wakes up.” I tell the group and they all nod. “When she wakes up give her my number and tell her that if she needs anything I will bring it or get it to her.” Robert says with complete sincerity. “I will.” I tell him smiling at his kindness. “I see you all later.” I say getting a lot of nods in return before I walk back into my trailer and close the door softly behind me.

___________________
A/N
Sorry for the emotional roller coaster. Anygays see you in the next one.