Chapter #47

Chapter #47
______________
Louri’s POV
We all manage to cram into the humvee and get to the house. John and I go into my office so we  can talk a little bit more. “How are you doing now? Where’s your head at?” I ask him as I lean up against my desk. “I’m a little better.” He tells me. “That’s good, have you tried therapy?” I ask him and he shakes his head. “I know a good therapist you can go to. I go to her and so does Scarlett.” I tell him. “You go to therapy?” He asks shocked since I am such a stubborn person and don’t normally ask for help. “Yes I do. I know it’s terrifying asking for help and admitting that you’re vulnerable. It was hard to even tell my wife that I needed help. It was terrifying at first but John it really works. If it didn’t I would have been on the floor next to you having my own panic attack. It’s ok to ask for help.” I tell him honestly. “Do you really think therapy might help me?” He asks, leaning on the desk next to me. “It might I can’t promise anything but it might. Here is my therapist's card.” I tell him giving him my therapist’s business card. “Come on we have people waiting for us.” He says and we leave the office and join everyone in the living room. “It’s been awhile.” Carly says to John. “Yeah how are you?” He asks. Fuck you could cut this tension with a knife damn. “I’m good. I need to talk to you later alone.” She tells him oh this can’t be good. “Mama.” Devon calls out pulling on my pant leg. “What is it little Marine?” I ask and he does a grabbing motion with his hands signaling that he wants me to pick him up so I do. “It’s so good to see you again Louri.” Marie, John’s Mom says catching my attention. “It has been too long Mrs. Teters. How have you guys been?” I ask giving her a side hug since Devon’s in the other arm. “We’ve been good. How do you like being a Mom?” She asks. “I love it. I am getting grey hairs earlier than I’d like but I wouldn’t change a thing.” I tell her with a smile. “The grey hair is karma for all the gray you gave me.” Ma says walking to us. “Grandma.” Devon says, holding out his hands for her. “I think he wants you.” I tell Ma. “Come here sweet boy.” Ma says taking Devon. “What’s with Carly and John?” Ma asks me. “I don’t think I should say in front of Devon.” I respond. “They slept together, didn't they?” Marie asks and I just nod. “That explains the tension between them.” Ma states. “LUNCH IS READY!” Scarlett yells from the kitchen. “Looks like it’s time to eat.” I state.
__________________
Scarlett’s POV
“So why didn’t you call me?” Carly asks John from across the table. “I um..” He says flustered. “What was I just a good fuck and nothing more?” Carly asks. “Guys I don’t think this is a good time to have this conversation.” I say nodding to Devon. “I need to know. Why John?” Carly says. “I’ll take Devon to bed.” Dad says. “Come with Pop pop little Munckin.” Dad says picking up Devon who is half asleep and ready for a nap anyway. “Wait you two slept together?” Mike, John’s Father asks. “Yes and John left without saying goodbye and never called me.” Carly says angrily. “Whoa Louri did you know about this?” Lisa asks. “Don’t be upset with Curls she just found out today.” John defends. “I was scared.” John says. “Of what huh?” Carly asks. “Of getting close and then dying. I would rather die with you hating me than caring for me. I didn’t want you to wait for me. I hurt you I know that and it kills me everyday because I have been in love with you since we were kids. I didn’t want you to be the one they would notify if I died and after I lost my leg I changed and I knew you deserved better than me. I thought I was protecting you but I was just hurting you and I’m sorry Carly.” He says and Louri has to leave the room as her eyes tear up. “I’ll check on her.” I tell everyone as I get up and join Louri on the back porch closing the door behind me. “Hey talk to me what’s going on?” I ask placing my hand on her cheek. “I visited him in the hospital when he got wounded I was there when they told him they had to remove the lower part of his leg. Scarlett the pain in his eyes was as bad as the fear I saw in your eyes when Alan stabbed me. He is right Baby he did change  I mean there is no way you can go through something like that and be the same person you were before. I don’t want to see either of them hurt. I’m conflictted on if I will have to take sides or not and I don’t know what to do.” She tells me. “You don’t have to take sides. You can be on both sides if it comes to it but I don’t think it will don’t worry ok.” I tell her and she nods leaning into my touch.
_______________
Louri’s POV
Today is the day of the promotion cerimony and I am so proud of John and it seems him and Carly have patched things up I think they might get together offically who knows. “Are you ready Major?” Colonel Potter asks popping his head in my office. “Yes Sir.” I tell him as I straighten out my uniform. “You’re not wearing one off your metals so no you are not ready.” He says refurring to my Congresstional Metal off Honor that I was awarded for giving up myself to save fifty lives. “But I don’t need it.” I argure. “But you earned it.” Sherman says pulling it out of my desk drawer and taking it out of it’s case. “About face Marine.” He orders and I turn so he can put it on me. “Now you are ready.” He says as I turn back around to face him. We get through the cerimony without a problem and we all decide to go to dinner together. “Congradulations John you really do deserve this” I tell my friend. “Thank you for proforming the cerimony Louri it means a lot. I am happy to be working with you again.” He tells me. “Anything for you my friend.” I say as we walk into the resturant.

A/N
I know this was a short one but this is the end of book one I will be starting book 2 soon. Anygays see you in the next one