Chapter #34

Chapter #34
_____________
Louri’s POV
Well tonight is the premiere of the movie Hail Caesar. But Devon and I are staying home for this one while my head still heals. I got my stitches removed yesterday and I still have some bruising around my eye and I didn’t want to deal with all the flashing lights. Scarlett starts working on The Jungle Book next week that will be a good one for Devon to go to. “Ok you two behave while I’m gone.” Scarlett says walking down the stairs and my jaw drops damn. “You’re going to catch flies.” Scarlett says closing my jaw. “You look fucking stunning.” I say to her. “Fucking.” Devon repeats what I said and Scarlett glares at me. “Sorry. Devon my little Marine you can’t say that or Mommy will kill Mama.” I say and Scarlett shakes her head. “I love you too much to kill you. We just wouldn’t have sex for a long time.” She says. “That’s mean.” I say to her. “Then stop teaching our one year old cuss words.” She tells me. “I try not to they just slip out.” I tell. “I love you.” She says before giving me a kiss. “I love you too.” I say as we pull apart. “I love you too Devon.” She says giving him a kiss on the head before leaving. “So little Marine I have a lot of paperwork to do so let’s go to the office.” I say to Devon as I turn and walk to the home office. After a few hours Devon is passed out on the couch in the office and I am still doing work. The next thing I know I hear Scarlett’s voice. “Hey Marine, wake up.” I hear her say. “Huh what oh I fell asleep.” I say rubbing my eyes seeing a sleeping Devon in her arms and she’s in my comfy sweats. “Those are my comfy sweats.” I point out. “Yes, very comfy.” She says. “I was going to wear those tonight because I have to do my laundry. What am I going to sleep in?” I ask. “You could always sleep naked.” She says before leaving the room. I walk upstairs to our room and find her doing her nightly routine. “You get upset when I say something sexual around Devon then you go and do it. “I didn’t say anything sexual, I just said you could sleep naked.” She replies. “Fine, I'll sleep naked.” I tell her as I strip off my clothes. “Oh and since you stole my favorite sweats, no touchy.” I say putting a body pillow in the middle of the bed. “You’re joking right? Who am I going to cuddle with?” She asks and I point to the body pillow as I get under the blankets. “Meanie.” She whines getting in bed. "I'm joking, Baby come here." I say moving the pillow out of the way. "Yay!" Scarlett says as she launches herself onto me knocking the wind out of me. "I love you too." I say. "Cuddles. And yes I love you Babe." She says as she gets comfortable.

I  wake up to my phone ringing but Scarlett gets it before I can.
“Who the fuck is calling at 4 fucking am?” She says grumpy. “Oh General yeah she’s right here. Sorry here you go.” She says handing me the phone.
“Sir what’s wrong?” I ask him.
“You need to pack a bag and come in.” He tells me.
“But Sir you said..” I get cut off.
“I know but this is an emergency pack for a few months.” He says.
“A few months Sir?” I say shocked
“Yes Major, I will see you at 08:00.” He says hanging up the phone.
"When do you have to be at the base?" Scarlett asks sadly. "08:00. I'm sorry Baby." Tell her. "No, I understand why you need to leave, at least you will get some time with Devon before you leave." She says. "Yeah that’s true." I say with a sigh. “I’m going to shower and get in uniform. You should get some more sleep.” I tell her. “Like hell I’m going to sleep. I’ll go make us something to eat.”  She says giving me a kiss before heading out of the room. After I’m done packing I bring my bag downstairs and place it by the door before I join Scarlett in the kitchen who is just watching the coffee brew like she does everyday. “Brew faster.” She says to the coffee maker. “You know that’s not how it works Scarlett.” I say with a laugh. “Shh it might.” She says making me laugh more. “Don’t laugh at me I need my coffee in the morning you know that.” She says looking at me. “I’m sorry.” I say walking over and wrapping my arms around her making her hum. “We’re going to miss you.” She says laying her head against my shoulder. “I know Baby. I’m going to miss you guys too.” I reply. “Ooo the coffee’s done.” She says. “I love you my little coffee addict.” I tell her. “I’m not little.” She says taking a sip of her coffee. “You are compared to me.” I say and she nods. “Ok what do you want for breakfast since this will be your last home cooked meal for a few months?” She asks. “Oooo your famous omelets please.” I say as she hands me a cup of coffee. “Ok I can do that.” She says pouring her second cup of coffee yes she drank the first already.