Chapter #32

Chapter #32
_______________
Louri’s POV
“LOR!” I wake up to Scarlett yelling for me and jump out of bed. “Baby where are you?” I call out. “Bathroom.” She calls back. I get in the bathroom and I find Scarlett bent on the floor by the toilet and very pale. “You don’t look that good.” I tell her as I sit by her. “Oh gee thanks.” She replies sarcastically. “You’re still gorgeous even when you are pale and sweaty." I say right before she throws up again. "Let me get the thermometer." I say after I feel her forehead feeling that it's fairly warm. “Sorry for waking you up.” Scarlett says leaning back. “I prefer you wake me then be in here sick by yourself. Now put this under your tongue please.” I tell her handing her the thermometer. She does as I ask her and I take it back when it beeps. “103 degrees damn Baby.” I tell her putting the thermometer on the counter. “No, I can't be sick, I have work.” She whines like a child. “I’ll call Tina in the morning after I call Chris to take care of Devon while you get better. I don't want him to get whatever it is you have.” I tell her and she nods.
“Hey Chris.” I say as he answers the phone.
“What do you want it’s 05:00?” He asks grumpy.
“Scarlett is sick and I need you to watch Devon for me till she gets better. I don’t want him getting sick too then have to deal with two sick people.” I explain to him.
“Ok I’m on my way.” Chris says tiredly.
“Thanks Chris.” I say before hanging up.
“Ok so Chris is on his way to pick up Devon. Let’s get you to bed.” I say as I pick up scarlett from the floor. “Thank you.” Scarlett says as she puts her head into my chest. “No need to thank me Baby.” I tell her as I lay her in bed and put the covers over her. “Here use this if you have to throw up again.” I tell her as I place a trash can next to the bed she just nods as she pulls the covers tighter as she shivers due to the fever. I change my shirt and wash my hands before going to Devon’s room to pack him a bag. When I get there I see that he is sleeping peacefully. I pack his bag. As I zip his bag I hear his voice. “Mama?” His tired voice calls out. “Yeah Buddy it’s me. You are going to stay with your Uncle Chris for a little bit. Mommy isn’t feeling well.” I say as I make my way to the side of his small toddler bed and he just nods. After about ten minutes I hear Chris knock on the door. “Ok little Marine let’s go.” I say picking up Devon in one arm and his bag in the other. When I get to the door I drop the bag and open the door to see Chris in pj’s a tank top and slippers. “Hey there little man.” Chris says trying not to sound tired. “Hi.” Devon mumbles back. “Ok well here’s his bag with clothes diapers and as you can see he has his stuffed monkey. But you should have everything you need. Just call me if he needs anything.” I tell him. “Yes Ma.” He says dramatically. “Whatever Chrissy.” I say making him chuckle at the name. “Be good for Uncle Chris ok.” I tell Devon as I hand him to Chris. “Oh and Chris.” I call out as he starts to walk away making him stop and turn around. “Yeah?” He asks. “Don’t give him ice cream for breakfast again.” I say making him laugh. “No promises. Tell Scarlett that I hope she feels better soon.” He says before heading off I just shake my head knowing that he is going to give my 1 year old ice cream for breakfast. I close the door to make sure it’s locked before heading back to Scarlett who I find asleep. I check my watch seeing that it is now 06:00 hours. Tina doesn’t get to her office till 08:00 hours I believe so I will call her then. I get into bed and Scarlett is quick to cuddle into my side so I wrap my arm around her as I try to fall back to sleep. I wake up to the sound of Scarlett throwing her phone across the room. “Whoa what was that for?” I ask sitting up. “I have a headache and the stupid alarm went off.” She tells me. “I forgot to turn yours off when I did mine after Chris came and got Devon sorry.” I say. “That’s ok I got it to shut up didn’t I?” She says. “True you did but you shattered the mirror on the dresser.” I point out. “Damn it.” She says as she starts getting out of bed. “Whoa where do you think you’re going you’re sick lay back down please.” I say making her glare at me. “Ok one please don’t give me that look, it's terrifying.” I say. “Wait, my big Marine is scared of a look huh?” She says with a smirk. “Whatever. Two let me take care of you.” I say and she chuckles before running to the bathroom and throws up again. I go into the bathroom and hold her hair back as she keeps throwing up. “Ugh Lor I don’t feel good.” She says as she leans back against the tub. “I know Baby.” I say kissing her on the top of her head. “Come on you should take a shower then I’ll let you wear my sweats.” I tell her. “The comfy ones that say U.S MARINE CORPS.” She says. “Yes those. But only because you don’t feel good.” I say to her, “Thank you.” She says after the shower and I hand her the sweats. “I have to call Tina.” She says with a sigh. “Nope I called her while you were in the shower. I also picked up the glass from the mirror.” I tell her and she gives me a soft smile. “If I wasn’t sick I’d kiss you.” She tells me. “I’ll risk it.” I say making her chuckle. “I know you would but I don’t want you to get whatever I have.” She says. “Ok well here’s your phone somehow you didn’t break it.” I tell her handing her the phone. “Can we cuddle?” Scarlett asks. “First I need to go downstairs and get you some medicine for your headache and fever. Then we can cuddle.” I say and she nods. “Ok take this it will help your head and this should help with your fever.” I say holding out some ibuprofen and tylenol in one hand a glass of water in the other. I set the glass down when she is done with it and lay down in bed and wrap my arms around her as she rests her head on my chest and falls asleep. I soon join her. I wake up a few hours later with Scarlett still asleep on my chest. I grab my phone and text Lizzie.
[Me: Hey Lizzie what are you up to today?]
[Liz: Not much, what about you?]
[Me: Well Scarlett’s sick and I can’t cook.]
[Liz: Don’t worry about it, I'll make some stew for you guys.]
[Me: Thank you Lizzie.]
[Liz: Not a problem.]
After I’m done texting Lizzie I grab the remote and find something to watch turning down the volume so as to not wake up Scarlett. I decide on watching M*A*S*H on Hulu. I feel Scarlett’s forehead gently and it seems her fever has gone down. That's good. After a few M*A*S*H episodes Scarlett starts to wake up a little. “Hey Baby how are you feeling?” I ask running my hand through her hair. “A little better.” She says looking up at me. “Well I texted with Lizzie and she’s going to bring some stew soon. Do you think you can keep it down?” I say to her. “Yeah I think I might be able to do that.” She says laying her head back down to watch to show. About an hour later I hear the doorbell ring. “That’s probably Liz. I’ll get it.” I say getting out from under Scarlett and out of bed. I head down stairs to open the door. “Hey Lizzie. Come on in.” I say opening the door. “How is Scarlett doing?” She asks as she hands me the container of stew. “She’s better. Her fever has gone down she is just in bed right now.” I tell her. “Well I hope you guys enjoy the stew and that Scarlett gets better. I’ve got to go Robbie and I are going out for dinner tonight.” She says with a smile. “Oh well, have fun. Tell Robbie I said hi.” I say to her to which she nods. Once Lizzie is gone I go to the kitchen and put some of the stew in two bowls and it is still warm so I don’t have to heat it up. I grab some spoons then head upstairs. “Here Baby. Lizzie says hi and she hopes you get better soon.” I tell her as I hand her, her food. Scarlett is able to eat the whole bowl and has been able to keep it down so far. “So do you want to continue watching M*A*S*H or turn on something else?” I ask once I am laid back down with my arms around her and her head on my chest. “M*A*S*H is just fine with me.” She says.

__________
A/N
That one was suggested by one of you guys. Anygays see you in the next one