Chapter #44

Chapter #44
___________
Louri's POV
I just got home and I am currently running through the halls of the hospital like a mad woman trying to find Devon's room. "Ma'am how can I help you?" A nurse asks me. "Hi, my son was admitted last week. I just got home from deployment and I need to get to him." I tell her. "Ok. Can I get a name please?" She asks. "Devon Johansson-Evans. I'm his mom Louri Evans." I tell her. "I'm sorry Ma'am but his mother is already here, is his father with you?." She says dumb ass.
______________
Scarlett's POV
"LADY I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I AM! WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SON PLEASE I NEED TO SEE HIM?!" I hear Louri yell. I walk out of Devon's room, closing the door gently so he doesn't wake up. "Nurse I've got it from here, this is my wife and Devon's other mom." I tell her calmly. "Of course Ma'am." She says. "Come on he's in here but he's taking a nap so be quiet." I tell her and she nods. "He's so pale." She says squeezing my hand. "The doctors said that if Liz hadn't brought him here when she did he.." She cuts me off. "Don't say it. I know the risks of a burst appendix." She tells me. "Mama?" Devon asks half asleep and she drops her bag and goes straight to him. "Hey little Marine." She says sitting on the bed next to him. "You came home early." He says. "Yeah I'm sorry I couldn't come last week with Mommy." She tells him running her hand through his hair. "It's otay you keep us safe from bad guys. That's why you have to leave sometimes." He says. "I will always keep you and your Mommy safe." She says sniffling.
_____________
Louri's POV
"Can you please... Louri you're home!" Lizzie says from the couch. "Yep I'm home my deployment is over. Thank you Lizzie." I tell her and she looks confused. "For what?" She asks. "For saving Devon. Scarlett told me what the doctor said and thank you." I say getting up and giving her a big hug. "Don't thank me for being a good Aunt." Lizzie says. "Mama?" Devon calls. "Yes Bubs." I reply. "Can we cuddle?" He asks. "Yeah Bubs we can cuddle." I tell him as I lay next to him in the hospital bed that is way too big for him and he curls into my side, and falls back asleep. "Does your mom or any of your family know you are home?" Scarlett asks as she lays on her side on the other side of Devon making sure to be careful of his IV. "No my phone is dead and my mind wasn't really focused on that." I tell her and she nods. "You can use my phone and I'll plug yours in since you have someone on you." She says taking a picture of me and Devon before handing me her phone.
"Good afternoon Scarlett dear. How's Devon and have you heard from Louri?" Ma answers.
"Devon's doing just fine Ma he's asleep curled into my side." I say.
"Louri. That's good to hear. When did you get home?" Ma asks.
"About an hour ago. I'm sorry for not calling. I came straight here to make sure my little Marine was ok." I ramble.
"Sweetie, you don't have to justify your actions. You are just being a good Ma." Ma tells me.
"You really think I'm a good Ma?" I ask.
"Louri I have seen the way your face lights up whenever he comes into the room. You are a good mother, so is Scarlett." Ma says.
"Thanks Ma. I love you. Can you tell everyone else I'm home? I'm kinda busy." I chuckle.
"Of course sweetie. I love you too. Give my love to Scarlett and Devon." Ma tells me.
"I will. Talk to you later Ma." I say before hanging up.
"Ma's going to inform everyone else that I'm home and she sends her love." I tell Scarlett as I hand her the phone. "You know that means the cast is coming over right?" Scarlett tells me, making me chuckle. "Tell them to bring their most iconic props. Like the shield, Thors hammer, Tony's arc reactor and all that it will make Devon's day." I say and she laughs. "Ok I'll put it in the group chat." She says, making me smile. "I'm so glad my deployment is done. I don't get deployed for about a year and I get to be with Devon on his birthday." I tell her. "Oh Devon's going to love that." Scarlett says. "Yeah. I was terrified this past week. That's why I yelled at the nurse. I just wanted to get to him as fast as I could." I tell her and she places her hand on my arm. "I know you were. I was too. I haven't left the hospital since I got here. I've been using the clothes I packed for the USO tour." She says. "And my t-shirts that you stole I see." I say pointing to the shirt she's wearing. "It's comfy and it smells like you." She says, making me smile. "If you like the smell so much just use my old spice." I tell her. "No, because I know you take one of my sweat shirts when you go on tour." She says, smiling. "You've got me there. I really did enjoy my surprise, Baby." I tell her. "I'm glad. It took me three hours to explain to Devon why he couldn't go." She chuckles. "I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep at all on the plane." I say. "Then get some rest, we'll be here when you wake up." Scarlett tells me and I nod before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

A/N
Looks like Devon is going to be ok. Anygays see you in the next one