Chapter #10

Chapter #10
______________
Scarlett’s POV
Louri gets shipped out today we have to be a the tarmack at 11:00. Chris is going to come pick us up here soon. “Are you ok Lor?” I ask her since she has been quiet all morning. “Yeah it’s just different this time. Leaving you behind is harder now.” She explains as she puts her hand over mine. “Yeah but it’s just a 3 month tour this time. We both will be working and time will just fly by and you will be home in no time.” I tell her giving her a comforting smile. “You’re right.” She sighs. Then the doorbell rings. “That’ll be Chris.” I say with a sigh of my own. “Yep let’s get going it won’t look too good if the commanding officer is late.” She jokes trying to lift the mood making me chuckle slightly as she grabs her bags. I go and open the door grabbing my keys and purse. “Are you two ready?” Chris asks. “As ready as we’ll ever be.” I state. “Here give me that.” Chris says to Louri gesturing to her larger bag. “Thanks Chris.” She says as she hands him the bag. Chris has Louri’s truck since he is staying at her place and she spent the weekend with me a very not pg weekend. “Alright Chrissy, give me the keys I want to drive.” She says after he put her bag in the bed of the truck and he tosses her the keys. “Scarlett are you still coming?” Chris asks me. “Yes I want to see her off.” I tell him. “Ok then I guess I have to get in the back then.” He says jokingly making us all let out a small laugh. As we make our way to camp Macarther I hand Louri’s free hand the entire jounery. We pull up to the gate and Louri shows her ID to get us in. We pull up to the tarmack and Louri finds a free spot to park seeing as there are other families saying their goodbyes. We get out Louri gets her bags and slides her burgan over her shoulder so she can take hold of my hand again as we make our way to the gate between the parking lot and the tarmac. “Captain Evans.” A young man greets us as he walks up to us. “Hey Tom.” She greets back. “So are you going to introduce us or not Cap?” He asks in a joking manner. “Of course. Scarlett, Chris this is Corporal Thomas Herderson. Tom this is my brother Chris and my girlfriend Scarlett.” She introduces. “Hi Tom it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Chris says holding out his hand to shake. “It’s a pleasure to meet you too the Captain talks very highly of you.” He says shaking Chris’s hand. “Hello Tom it’s nice to finally put a name to the face.” I say shaking his hand. “It’s very nice to meet you I’m a big fan of your work.” He says blushing slightly. “Thank you that’s very kind of you.” I say giving him a soft smile. “UNIT 4077 TIME TO LOAD UP!” A voice yells out but I can’t see who it was. “Well you heard the Brig Corporal go say your goodbyes then load up.” She orders him. “Yes Captain.” He replies with a salute which she returns. “Stay safe sis we’ll be here when you get home.” Chris says tearing up giving her a big hug. “Love you sis. I’ll give you two some privacy.” Chris says backing away a little. “You stay safe and come home to me, do you understand?” I tell her as I begin to tear up. “I will do whatever it takes to come home to you. I love you Scarlett.” She says with tears in her eyes. “I love you too Louri.” I say as she leans in for a kiss. I can taste the saltyness of our tears. “Captain it’s time to load up!” I hear the Brig yell out. “I’ve got to go.” She whispers and I just nod. “Call me when you get there so I know you’re safe.” I tell her. “Of course goodbye Baby.” She says as she picks up her bag. “Goodbye Babe.” I say before watching her turn towards the tarmac and head to the plane. “It gets better.” Chris says as he makes his way back over to me as we watch louri get on the plane. “Watching her leave I mean it gets easier.” He tells me putting an arm around my shoulders. “I hope so.” I say as I let the tears fall freely as we watch the plane take off. We stay there until the plane is out of sight. ‘Come on Scarlett I’ll drive you home.” He says and I just nod and follow him back to the truck it feels weird being in the truck without her. It’s just 3 months I tell myself. When we get back to my place my moms car is in the driveway. “I will going back to Bostan for the next month just call if you need anything.” Chris says as I get out of the car. “I will thank you Chris and give my love to your family.” I reply getting a nod in return before he drives away. The minute I get inside my mom runs up to me and engulfs me in a warm embrace. “Hi Mom, What are you doing here?” I say as we pull apart. “I thought you could use some company and I am making you dinner.” She replies with a warm smile. “Thanks Mom I could use some company right now.” I say as my eyes tear up again. “Oh my sweet girl.” Mom says as she pulls me into another hug and I just cry I miss her already and I’m worried for her. Mom leads my to the living room and onto the couch before giving me a blanket. “I’m going to get you some water.” Mom informs me and I just nod and lay down pulling the blanket over me I didn’t realize I fell asleep till I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing I get up and run to answer it.
“Hello?” I answer.
“Hey Baby.” Louri says through the phone.
“Hey Babe how was the flight?” I ask her hearing her sigh.
“Long. How are you doing?” She replies.
“I miss you. Mom is here she’s in the kitchen cooking dinner.” I tell her.
“I miss you too Baby, but I’ll be home in three months.” She says.
“I know the house just feels empty without you.” I admit before hearing a deep male voice say something in the background.
“Baby I love you but I’ve got to go. Eat something and get some sleep. I’ll write and call any chance I get.” Louri tells me.
“I love you too. Be safe.” I say before she has to hang up.
I let out a sigh as I put the phone down on the counter. “Who was that sweetie?” Mom asks walking into the dinning room. “That was Louri letting me know she got to the base ok.” I say. “See hunny she’s fine and she will come home to you.” Mom says.
____________
Louri’s POV
2 ½ months later
We just have half a month till we go home and I can’t wait to be home. I recived another letter from Scarlett yesterday she got a role in a film called ‘Under the Skin’ and filmings been good and she is in Scotland so I will be meeting up with her there once this tour is over. “Captain, we're almost there.” Henderson’s voice breaks me out of my thoughts. “Alright guys you know the drill, keep your eyes sharp hostile forces have been reported in this area.” I tell my men getting a choruses of yes ma’am in reply. Just as we get to the village and out  of the truck gunshots start to ring out. “EVERYBODY DOWN!!” I yell. Seeing all my men uninjured so far. “Um Cap.” Dawson says catching my attention. “What is it Dawson?” I ask. “Your leg Ma’am it’s bleeding.” He says pointing to the bullet wound in my lower thigh. “Shit get me a turnakit.” I order and he hands me one and I tie it just above the wound to help slow the bleeding. “INCOMING!!” I hear one of my men yell out as mortars start exploding around us. “ALRIGHT FIND COVER AND I’LL CALL IN REINFORCEMENTS!!” I yell out. “CAPTAIN LOOK OUT!!” I hear Henderson scream before hearing an explosion and everything goes black.
______________
Scarlett’s POV
Just half a month and she will be home. I am currently on set when the director comes bursting into my trailer his face drained of all cover. “What’s going on?” I ask slightly irritated at the invasion of privacy. “There's a Marine here for you.” He says but before he can say anything else I book it to the main gate. But when I get there it’s not my Marine. “Miss Johansson?” They ask. “Yes that’s me, has something happened?” I ask now, panicking. “Ma’am Captain Evans was critically injured earlier today and is currently being transported to Walter Reed hospital in D.C I have been instructed to bring you there Ma’am.” He says in a flat tone. “What happened?” I ask with a shaky voice. “All I know is that she was injured I don’t have any details for you Ma’am I’m sorry.” He replies. “Let me get my things.” I tell him. “Of course Ma’am.” He tells me. I wasn’t able to get any sleep on the plane ride to D.C. What the hell happened. Half a month that's all she had left till she came home to me. I’m currently crying into Chris’s arms as we wait for the doctor to update us. “She’ll be ok Scarlett, she has to, she’s strong.” Chris says through his own tears. Her whole family is here so is Hunter and Mom. “Family for Captain Evans?” Someone calls out and I burst out of me seat to them. “That’s us.” I say pointing to the rest of us. “Well the Captain is going to be ok we were able to save the leg they are going to need a lot of physical therapy. The only thing I’m worried about are the burns on her left side of her torso they will take a while to heal and the process can be very painful. They should be waking up soon if you would like to see her follow me.” He says and we all fall in line behind him. We get to her room but he stops before he opens the door. “Now what you’re about to see isn’t pretty she has burns all the way up the left side of her neck up to the chin. “Ok can I please see her please.” I practically beg. “Of course Mrs. Captain Evans.” He says surprising me. “Excuse me?” I ask. “I’m sorry but the Captain has you written down as their partner I just assumed you were married. My appologies.” He says. “It was just shocking to be called that but we aren’t married we are dating.” I explain. “Alright well if you all will follow me.” He says opening the door. “Oh my god what happened exactly?” Chris asks. “There was an explosion caught in it but she’s a fighter she should wake up here soon when she does come get me.” He says before leaving. “Hey Louri dear it’s Ma everyones here including Scarlett and her mom and brother Hunter.” Lisa says with tears running down her face. I go to louri’s right side so I can hold her hand. “When I said that you had to come home to me this isn’t what I meant. I meant that you come home safe.” I say letting my tears fall freely. “You should have specified that then.” Louri says with a hoarse voice. “Oh my sweet baby girl.” Her mom cries. “Hey Ma.” She says. “Did you really make a joke about you getting injured the second you wake up?” Chris says chuckling. “I couldn’t help it Chrissy.” She says before she starts to cough. “Here sweetie drink some water.” Lisa says giving holding out a cup of water with a straw she takes a few sips before laying her head back down. “I’ll get Dr. Peirce.” Chris says coming back with the doctor a few minutes later. “Welcome back Captain. How are you feeling?” He asks her. “Like I got blown up so badly.” She tells him honestly. “We’ll up your pain meds if you feel tired don’t fight it just rest. Understood Captain?” He  tells her. “Understood.” She replies and the doctor sees himself out of the room. “You really scared us sis exspecialy Scarlett.” Shanna scolds. “I’m sorry but I did plan on being blown up.” She responds trying to make a joke. “Not funny Babe.” I say looking down at her hand. “I’m sorry for scaring you that wasn’t my intent.” She says squeezing my hand. After a few hours a Louri fell back asleep and now I am just watching her breathing. “Ma’am would you like a cot that I can put up against the bed so you can be more comfortable and still be close to the Captain?” A nurse asks me whispering so not to wake Louri. “Yes please.” I whisper back. About 15 minutes later she comes back with a bed kinda like Louri's. She lowers the rails on the right side of the bed before moving my bed up against louri’s gently. “There you are Ma’am.” She whispers. “Thank you nurse.” I say before she leaves once she does I crawl into the bed she set up for me and get under the thin hospital blanket and lay my head on the pillow and go to sleep with Louri’s hand in mine.

__________
A/N
Well that happened. And if you understand the 4077 reference leave a comment down below. Anygays see you in the next one.