Chapter #12

Chapter #12
_______________
Louri’s POV
I wake up to the sound of people arguing. “What the hell were you thinking showing up here?!” I hear who I think is Chris. “She is my daughter.!” I hear dad reply. “Look what you did!” I hear Scarlett speak up her voice strained clearly from crying. “Her heart stopped twice. Twice what the hell was said before she yelled at you?” Scarlett asks agrily. I didn’t know it stopped twice, then again I was unconscious. “I told her not to have an attitude with me that I came all the way from Boston to see her and she asked me what I wanted and I told her that I wanted to see if she was ok then she went off on me and you know the rest.” Pop answers defensively. “Pop I think it’s best if you’re not here when she wakes up.” Chris tells him. “No.” Pop says plainly in reply I definitely get my stubbornness from him. “What do you mean no?” Scarlett asks, clearly angry. I try to get myself to open my eyes but I can’t. “I want to make amends, that's why I’m here. I want to apologize for the way I reacted when she enlisted. I should have supported her and not abandon her. I just wanted to come here and apologize. I’ve wanted to apologize since she came home from her first tour but I’m a coward and I never did. I wouldn’t blame her if she hates me for the rest of my life.” Pop says I can hear him getting emotional which is something he never does. “I just miss my little girl.” Pop says breaking down crying. I can feel my own tears fall down my face. “I just want her to know that I do love her I never stopped loving her even though I told her that I would disown her if she enlisted and I never did. In fact I’m proud of her and her accomplishments. I just wish I told her and all of you sooner. I have every single newspaper clipping that she mentioned framed and hung on my walls in my office.” Pop continues. “I miss what we had, we were so close and I alone ruined it. I was at every ceremony, every metal everytime she was promoted, and I was there.” Pop cries out. “Pop she is in a medically induced coma and the doctor doesn’t know when she will wake up because she was so mad at you.” Chris says his voice is softer now. “But I think she can hear us.” Scarlett says. “You think so?” Pop asks with a little bit of hope in his voice. “Yes look she’s crying I think she heard you.” Scarlett states as I feel her wipe the tears from my cheek. “Louri squeeze my hand if you can hear us.” Scarlett tells me and I am able to squeeze it lightly. “Louri did you hear your Dad’s confession? If so, squeeze my hand once for yes twice for no.” Scarlett instructs me I give her one squeeze. “I’m going to get the doctor!” Chris says with excitement in his voice. “Louri are you ok if I stay?” Pop asks and I squeeze once for yes. “She squeezed once for yes.” Scarlett says. “Alright so it’s my understanding that she is waking up.” I hear Dr. Peirce say. “Yes.” Pop says with hope in his voice. “Ok then I am going to take her off the medication that is helping her sleep and give her some medication to help her wake up.” Dr. Peirce states. “Thank you so much doctor.” I hear Pop thank him. After a little bit I hear Dr. Peirce talk again. “Ok it’s going to take her a little bit to wake up and she will be very groggy when she does so try not to crowd her.” Dr. Peirce instructs them. “Again thank you for taking care of my little girl.” Pop says.
______________
It’s the next day from being woke up from the medicaly induced coma I was only awake for about 15 minutes. I wake up to the light slipping through the window. I look over seeing Scarlett in her bed peacefully asleep. I look over to my left smelling coffee and see Pop reading today's newspaper. “Papa.” I call out quietly so not to wake Scarlett up from her much needed sleep. Pop jumps out of his seat and practicly runs over to the left side of the bed and sits down on the side. “I’m here is there anything I can get you or do for you?” He asks. “Did you mean what you said yesterday?” I ask him. “I meant every single word. I know that saying sorry isn’t enough but I will do everything you need me to I will be at your beck and call 24/7. I really do love you my sweet Louri girl and I truely have missed you more than I can say. There aren’t enough words in the english language or any other language in the world to express how sorry I am for everything I’ve done I have been the worlds worst father to you and nothing I can do will be enough to fix the damage I’ve caused.” He rambles. “Pop I forgive you. I’ve missed you too. Yeah you should have said this sooner, but you’re her now and that’s all that matters. Yeah I’m still hurt but I understand why you were scared to come to me sooner because you and me are so much alike so I can understand. I do have one question though.” I tell him as I grab his hand. “What’s your question?” He asks. “Why were you so against me enlisting?” I ask and I can see the tears form in his eyes. “I was scared. I knew you would make a great Marine because you have always been amazing at everything you set your mind to, but I was scared.” He says squeezing my hand slightly. “Scared of what?” I ask. “I was absolutely terrified that you would go on tour and not come home and that I would have to burry my lttle girl. That I would never see your beautiful smile again, hear your infectious laugh, or just hear your voice again. So I took it out on you when I should have just talked to you like an adult instead of being an absolute jackass.” He says letting the tears fall freely. “Papa I understand now and like I said before I forgive you. Yesterday I heard you say that you wouldn’t blame me if I hated you for the rest of my life, but Pop I’ve never hated you and I don’t think I ever could. I was angry and hurt but I never hated you.” I tell him as I get a little emotional myself. “I love you Louri and I will never hurt you again.” Pop states. “I love you too Papa. Do you really have every newspaper clipping I've been mentioned framed in your office?” I ask making him smile. “I really do and I really did go to every ceremony.” He says with a smile. “I know everything can’t go back to the way it was before immediately but I am so glad to have you back in my life Papa.” I tell him. “I am so happy to be back in your life more than words can describe.” He replies. “I’m glad to see that you two have worked everything out.” I hear Scarlett say. “How long have you been up?” I ask her. “About 15 minutes but I didn’t want to interrupt you guys.” She says just before Louisa and Maya walk in with the supplies for cleaning and rebandaging my wounds. “Good morning Captain, are you awake enough for us to clean and rebandage your wounds?” Maya asks. “As much as I would love to say no so that I don’t have to do this, it would be a lie. So yes I’m as ready as I ever am for this.” I tell Maya. After what I call my daily torture is over I’m drained of all energy and fall back asleep.

________________
A/N
Well, a little bit of an emotional one. There will be a time skip in the next one. Anygays, see you in the next one. Happy St. Patrick's Day