Chapter #41

Chapter #41
______________
Scarlett’s POV
1 week later
“Ugh I’m home.” I say tired from working on the jungle book. “Hey Baby should I even ask?” Louri says after giving me a quick kiss. “No. I just want sleep.” I tell her. “Ok well Devon’s already asleep and in bed so if you want to just lay down you can.” She says before going back to her book. “You’re hot in your glasses.” I blurt out making her look at me with a smirk. “Oh really.” She says and I just face plant into my pillow groaning making her laugh. “What are you reading?” I ask changing the topic. “Little Women.” She says holding up her book. “But back to the glasses.” She says with a giant grin. “Ugh Louri.” I whine. “I like making you blush glad to know I still have that affect on you.” She says. “If you don’t stop I will take away sex for the rest of our lives.” I warn. “Ok one mean two you enjoy having sex too much to take it away for the rest of our lives.” She says. “Ok fine for the rest of the month.” I say. “That’s mean I’ll stop messing with you because the sex is too good to give up for a month.” She says, making me chuckle. “I’m going to steal one of your U.S.M.C shirts to sleep in.” I say as I walk to the dresser. “What else is new?” She laughs. She did have to get more because I keep taking them. “You look good in my clothes anyway.” She says not looking up from her book. I get in bed and she holds her arm open so I can snuggle into her side as usual and I curl up next to her taking in her warmth she is always warm. “Good night Baby.” She says putting her book and reading glasses on her nightstand. “Good night Babe.” I reply before falling asleep.

I wake up to a light wait on my chest and when I open my eyes I see a sleeping Devon. I start to gently slap Louri on the arm. "What? Holy fuck how and when did he get here?" She says shocked. "I don't know but I mean he is two .” I say. “Ugh don’t remind me I want him to stay little forever.” Louri says. “It feels like just yesterday I was holding him for the first time.” I say. “Yeah my little Marine is growing up so fast.” Louri say smiling at Devon. “Oh I took the weekend off.” Louri says. “Same and Chris said he would take Devon for the weekend so it’s just us.” I say and she smirks. “If there wasn’t a child here.” She says. “Are you ever not horny?” I chuckle softly. “No.” She shrugs. “That tracks.” I say as Devon starts to stir. “Hey Buddy you want pancakes or waffles for breakfast?” I ask and he puts his little finger against his chin as he thinks about it. “Waffles.” He says happily. “Ok waffles it is. Go with Mama and get ready for the day ok.” I tell him and he crawls into Louri’s lap. “Ok little man let’s go.” She says picking him up and pretending to fly him around like an airplane making him giggle. I could listen to that all day but I have work to do.
______________
Louri’s POV
Ok so Devon has been dropped off at daycare and I am driving Scarlett to the studio since it’s on the way to the base when my phone rings. “Scarlett, can you answer it? I don't want to get distracted.” I ask. “Sure. Hey Jerry Louri’s driving so she asked me to answer the phone.” She says then puts him on speaker.
“Major I really hate to do this to you especially since your anniversary is this weekend but. You have been cleared by medical so.” He says and Scarlett’s smile fades.
“Where and when?” I ask him.
“Camp Mason it is the tour that was planned last year you knew it was coming.” He says.
“When do I leave Sir?” I ask.
“Tonight.” He says and I slam the brakes good thing there’s no one behind us.
“What? For regular tours I get at least a weeks notice.” I tell him.
“I know and I’m sorry. This is your job you signed up for this life.” He reminds me.
“How long?” Scarlett asks.
“The regular 6 to 8 months.” He says plainly.
“Yes Sir. I will see you tonight.” I say trying to hide my anger and hang up.
“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!” I say as I hit the steering wheel. “Louri we knew this was coming.” Scarlett says. “I know but seriously I was cleared by medical last week. And I’m going to be half across the world for our anniversary and Devon’s third birthday. Sometimes I don’t like this job but it is my passion at the same time. Let’s go get Devon. Is it possible for you to take the day off?” I ask. “Already texted Tina and got the day off.” She says putting her hand on mine. “Thank you for being so supportive and understanding about my job.” I say as we head back to the daycare. “I love watching your face light up when you talk about your job well the good parts. No getting captured this time.” She says. “Yes Ma’am I don’t plan on it.” I say as we pull into the parking lot of the daycare.

A/N
Well here we go again and to RomanoffXChris thank you for all your comments I enjoy reading peoples comments. Anygays see you in the next one.