Chapter #23

Chapter #23
____________
Louri's POV
Today is September 15th 2015 Scarlett and I's one year anniversary. Scarlett is still asleep and even though we wanted today to just be our little family Scarlett has to go on Jimmy Kimmel tonight and I'm won't be going because I have a 5 month old to take care of but we will watch it on tv. I am currently in the office with a sleeping Devon strapped to me as I fill out some papers for work. I ordered breakfast for Scarlett so she can have breakfast in bed when I hear a knock on the door I get up to go answer it with my Little Marine with me. "Hi order for Evans?" The delivery boy says. "That's me. Keep the change." I say handing him a hundred dollar bill. "Thank you Ma'am." He says with a giant smile considering he just got a $70 tip. "No problem, kid have a great day." I bid him goodbye as he gets back on his small little bike. I close the door and go into the kitchen and grab a tray and plate up the food before pouring a glass of orange juice and grabbing the roses I got her and her present is in my nightstand drawer since she never looks there. "Mmmhh I smell food." Scarlett says without opening her eyes. "That's because I ordered you breakfast from the shop we used to go to for coffee." I say and she opens her eyes and a big smile appears on her face when she sees the food and roses. "Here you go my lady breakfast in bed and some beautiful roses for a beautiful lady." I say setting the tray across her lap and handing her the roses. "Thank you Babe, have you eaten?" She asks. "I had some cereal and her had his morning bottle. Then he helped Mama do some paperwork." I tell her with a smile. "I have something for you." She states. "I have something for you as well." I say opening the drawer and grabbing the box. She grabs a little bag out of her drawer. "Ok you go first and I'll take him." She says handing me the bag. I hand him to her and take off the carrier before opening the bag to find a ring box inside I pull it out and open it and it's a beautiful golden wedding band with an inscription on it. "This is beautiful." I say pulling the ring out of the box. "Well I thought you deserved an upgrade and you should be able to wear it on tour since it's just a simple band with no stones or anything. What do you think of the inscription on the inside?" She asks. "9/15/14 you became my Marine." I read out what it says. "I love it and I'm gonna put it on right now." I say take my silver band off and put it in the ring box for my new ring to keep it safe then slip the new ring on and it's a perfect fit. "Looks like we both had the same idea go ahead open it tell me what you think." I say handing her the box holding her new ring.

"Wow Louri it's so beautiful and it goes with the band I currently have." She says. "Yeah it's meant to stack onto the one you have already. Do you like it?" I ask. "Like I love it and it fits perfectly thank you." She says slipping it on her hand before leaning in to connect our lips after a few seconds we pull apart. "You know Devon if you weren't in here I would..." I'm cut off by Scarlett putting her hand over my mouth "Louri he's 5 months old don't scar him already." She says her hand still on my mouth so I decide to be childish and lick her hand. "Ew Louri seriously." She says wiping her hand on my shoulder. "I married a giant child." She says with a laugh. "Yeah but you love me." I say with a smug grin. "That I do. What time is it?" She asks and I look at my watch "11:30." I say. "Wow I slept in late." She says right before we hear the doorbell ring. "I'll get it." I say. "Can you take him I need a shower?" She asks. "Yes I can but I much rather join you." I say walking out of our room hearing her laughing as I walk down the stairs and to the door with Devon held securely against me. "Tina?" I say shocked when I open the door. "Happy anniversary Louri and hello little guy I like your onesie." She says tickling his back making him giggle something he has mastered if I do so myself. "Oh he's so cute. Where is Scarlett?" She asks. "She's taking a shower, we weren't expecting you for another few hours." I say as I let her in. "Yes I know I'm sorry to intrupt your family time but I have to talk to you two about something." She says as I lead her to the dinning room table. "Can I get you anything to drink?" I ask. "Just a water please." She says so I grab a water bottle out of the fridge and hand it to her. "Let me go tell Scarlett you're here." I say. "Oh can I hold him while you do?" She asks. "Sure here you go. Mama will be right back ok be good for me while I'm gone Little Marine." I say giving him a kiss on the head before going upstairs. "Hey Baby it's just me." I call out as I enter the bathroom. "Who's here?" She asks instead of mentioning the fact that I haven't taken my eyes off her body since I entered. "It's Tina she said there's something that she needs to talk to both of us about. Do you need any help in there?" I ask a smirk on my face. "If I say yes we won't leave the shower and Tina's waiting for us." She says smirking. "You have a point there Baby." I say as she turns the water off and gets out and wraps a towel around her making me frown and her laugh. "You're a giant horndog you know that." She says smiling. "You didn't have a problem with it last night." I say with a smirk looking at one of the hickies on her collarbone. "That's true I didn't and I won't tonight either if you're up for it because Mom is taking Devon for the weekend." She says as she puts her arms around my neck and mine instinctively go to her waist. "I have no problem with that at all Baby." I say as I leave kisses down her neck earning a small moan. "Babe Tina's waiting." She says breathlessly. "Ok fine I'll leave you to get dressed. I'll meet you downstairs." I say with a sigh as I pull away.
When I get downstairs I find Melanie and Tina talking as Melanie bounces Devon on her knee. "Hey Mom when did you get here?" I ask. "About 5 minutes ago we didn't expect you to be back so soon." She says. "Ok Scarlett and I are not that bad." I defend. "You two had a quickie on My kitchen counter." Melanie deadpans. "Hey don't say that in front of him." I say putting my hands over Devon's ears. "Oh come on you two jump each other's bones whenever you get the chance." Tina says just as Scarlett walks in. "Scarlett help me out here." I say. "What's going on?" She asks confused. "They are ganging up on me about our sex life in front of our 5 month old son please make them stop." I say picking Devon up making Melanie pout. "Why?" She asks still confused. "They thought we were going to have sex just because someone was watching Devon and I went to tell you who was here while you were in the shower." I explain. "Well in my defense Louri has an amazing body and is amazing in bed and I mean AmAzInY plus she can be shipped out at anytime and we didn't have sex for a year ok. I'm just making up for lost time." Scarlett says with a shrug making all of our jaws drop. "I have no words." Tina states as Melanie just sits there shocked at what she just heard her daughter say. "Mom you still taking Devon for the weekend?" Scarlett asks like nothing happened. "Um yes I am. And Scarlett dear I never want you to talk about your sex life around me ever again." Melanie answers. "You are the one who started it I just finished it." Scarlett says getting a water out of the fridge. "Ok well I'm going to take little man here and his bags and let you two talk with Tina about whatever it is you need to talk about. Bye I love you two." Melanie says taking Devon and leaving. "So Tina we are both here, what did you need to talk to us about?" I ask as Scarlett takes a seat next to me. "Well I want you to join Scarlett tonight on the show Louri." She says, making my jaw drop. "You're going to catch flies." Scarlett says, using her hand to close my mouth. "Why?" I ask shocked. "Well apparently word about a fight you two had last month got out and it's generating some bad press about you." She says. "What kind of bad press because this is the first time we are hearing about it?" Scarlett asks. "Some are going as far as to say Louri is abusive when she loses control of her PTSD." Tina says. "I HAVE NEVER LAID A FINGER ON SCARLETT OR DEVON OR SAID ANYTHING ABUSIVE EVER!!!" I yell at Tina standing up before leaving the room hearing Scarlett excusing herself and following me as I walk upstairs to our room and start pacing. "Louri Babe." Scarlett says coming towards me but I back away, making her stop in her tracks. "Have I ever made you feel unsafe or scared of me please be honest?" I ask as tears threaten to fall. "No never. I've been scared for you, that is completely different." Scarlett explains to me trying to come to me again this time I don't back away. "Promise me that you will tell me if I ever do Scarlett, promise me please." I practically beg. "I promise. Now come here." She says holding her arms out and I just let myself fall into the comfort of her embrace. "I would never hurt you, you know that right?" I ask as I just silently cry. "I know that Louri, I know." Scarlett soothes as she leads us to sit on the foot of the bed. "I can't do this Scarlett. The show I mean I can't I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I say now sobbing. "You don't have to. I don't want to put you in a position that makes you uncomfortable." Scarlett tells me and I just nod into her chest. "Is everything ok?" I hear Tina ask from the doorway. "Tina go just go!" Scarlett yells
________
It's now just me in the house watching the TV waiting for Scarlett to come on. "Everyone please welcome the Scarlett Johansson!" Jimmy anounces before Scarlett apeares they share a hug before she takes a seat she looks beautiful. "So Jimmy it's lovely to see you again but there are some rumors that I need to adress can you please turn the camera this way. This is to who ever acused my wife of being abusive. Louri has never I repeat never been abusive. She is loving, kind, gentle, and an amazing mother to our son. So whoever the hell ever thought that Louri Evans is or was abusive you know nothing about her. She put her life on the line just to keep me safe and it was shown on live TV so why the twisted thought of her being abusive would ever cross your mind I will never understand. So if you have a problem with her than you have a problem with me. That's all I have to say. Now it's my wedding anniversary and I would like to spend it with my wife so JImmy lovely to see you again hope to see you soon but right now I just want to be with my wife have a lovely evening." She says before walking off stage and I can tell she is trying not to cry. That woman amazes me. About 30 minutes after I watched Scarlett walk off the stage I hear the door open and I make my way downstairs so see a very stressed Scarlett still in the dress she was wearing on the show. "I saw the show are you ok?" I ask. "No." She says as she begins to cry. "Oh Baby come here." I say opening my arms for her and she nearly knocks me over with how fast she runs into my arms. "I snapped on live TV." She cries clinging to my shirt. I pick her up and take her to our room so she can get changed into ore comfortable clothes. "What do you want to wear?" I ask. "Your sweats like I usually do." She says making me chuckle. "Then one pair of sweats coming up." I say sitting her on the edge of the bed. "Here you go." I say handing her the sweats. "Thank you." she says as she gets changed. "I know you're upset about snapping on live TV but I just wanted to say thank you for defending me." I say as she sits back down next to me. "Well you defend me all the time so why wouldn't I defend you?" She says laying her head on my shoulder. "What an anniversary huh?" I joke making her chuckle. "Yeah not how I thought it would go." She states. "Me neither but we have each other and that's what matters right?" I ask as I wrap my arm around her pulling her closer. "Yeah it is. I love you Louri." She tells me. "I love you too Scarlett." I tell her easily. "Let's get some sleep huh?" I suggest. "That sounds amazing." Scarlett replies.

_____________
A/N
Well that was not how I expected this chapter to go. Anygays see you in the next one.