Ch. 1: Desperate Measure

Luz was knocked to the ground with a groan. She felt all the air leave her body and she looked at her hand to make sure she still had the vial of Titan's Blood.

"I recommend you give that to me." Belos, who was possessing Hunter's body, said, "Otherwise, your death will be long and painful."

"No, I... I won't give it to you." Luz said, holding her side.

"Well then, I guess I have to do this the hard way." Belos said.

Belos grabbed Luz and held her up. He smiled as he morphed his hand into a blade and stabbed Luz right in the stomach. Luz let out a loud scream, which echoed through the woods.

"Luz!" Amity yelled, hearing her scream.

Amity, along with Willow, Vee, Gus, and Camila ran towards the scream. When they arrived, they were horrified to see Luz impaled by Belos. Belos dropped her as she gasped for air.

"Luz!" Amity yelled in horror.

"I must say, Luz, I always did like how you could see the good in everyone." Belos said, "But that's also you're greatest weakness. After all, none of this would've happened if you hadn't helped me meet the Collector all those centuries ago."

This made the witches shocked, but they were more concerned with Luz bleeding out and Hunter being possessed. They didn't hesitate to pull the staffs out and attack. Belos smirked and turned his attention to them. Luz used this distraction to drag herself to the nearest gravestone and lay against it.

"Heh... dying in a graveyard... ironic." Luz said with a weak chuckle.

She coughed and blood came out, some of it leaking out of her mouth and staining her chin. Vee and Camila ran over to Luz.

"Luz!" Camila said, "Vee, call the Hospital!"

Vee pulled out her phone and quickly dialed 911. She put it to her ear and anxiously waited, only for the no signal tone to answer her.

"I don't have a signal!" Vee said, "Dang you dead zones!"

Camila looked at Luz and grabbed her hand.

"Don't worry, Mija, you'll be okay." Camila said, "We'll... we'll figure something out."

Luz looked at her mom and gave her a weak smile.

"Don't... worry Mom... I'll... be okay." Luz said before coughing more blood up.

Luz wasn't stupid, she knew she would die, and in her mind, she probably deserves it. She's the reason all this happened, the draining spell, the Collector, everything happened because of her. She looked down at her hand, seeing the vial of Titan's Blood.

'I'm not helping him anymore.' Luz thought.

Using the rest of her strength, Luz opened the vial and then made sure Belos would never get the Titan's Blood. She raised the vial to her lips and then drank it. She dropped the empty vial and smiled.

'Take that, Belos.' Luz thought.

Luz's vision began to go black, while she heard her name being called by several people... one of which she's never heard the voice of.