Ch. 9: Pushing the Limits

After another run back to the cabin, Luz set the treadmill out front with everyone watching.

"Now we just need to power it." Luz said.

"I got it!" Amity said.

She brought out the hamster wheels they used to try and make a portal.

"The palismen can run on these and power it." Amity said.

"Well, that's the best option." Luz said, getting on the treadmill.

The treadmill began to power up and Luz turned it on. She began to run... and run... and run... for an hour... at thirty miles an hour. She didn't break a sweat. The treadmill gave out before she did.

"It's smoking!" Vee said, seeing the treadmill smoking before it let out a small explosion as Luz stopped running.

"Huh, guess I could join the track team." Luz said.

"Running for up to an hour without tiring." Gus said, writing down notes.

"Include that she is faster than any human as well." Camila said, holding up her hand. "I think she just broke the record speed for a human."

"She did?" Everyone asked.

"I did?" Luz asked.

"You ran at 30 miles an hour." Camila said.

"Wait, that fast!?" Luz asked in shock.

"Yes! That's about the fastest a human could ever run!" Vee said, pulling out her phone to look it up.

"Well, looks like I'm going to the olympics." Luz said, though she was still a bit shocked by her speed feat.

"I think it would be better if you just stick to being a witch. I don't think the Olympics could handle you." Camila said.

"It would be a complete landslide if you competed." Vee added.

"Besides, we'd miss you." Amity said, walking up and hugging Luz's arm. "Okay, now what do we test?"

"Well, we've covered speed and strength. Maybe we could try jumping too?" Gus said, looking over his notes.

"Maybe combat prowess too? All that strength and speed could be useful in a fight." Hunter said.

"Let's start small and keep doing things like seeing how many push ups she can do or something like that." Camila said, seeing the children fight enough already.

"Great idea." Luz said, getting on the ground and putting an arm behind her back, "Let's see how many one armed push ups I can do."

"Gus, go get the mop and bucket, we may need it." Willow said.

"I'm not going to melt again!" Amity said.

"Sure...GET THE BUCKET AND MOP." Willow said firmly to Gus.

"Un-fucking-believable." Amity mumbled.

"Amity, language!" Camila said.

Amity flinched at this, quickly apologizing as Gus walked into the cabin and brought the cleaning objects Willow ordered.

"Alright, we're ready." Gus said.

Hunter got a counter to keep track, while in the other hand was a timer.

"Go!" He shouted!

Luz began doing one armed pushups at a relative pass, focusing not on speed but endurance to see just how many she can do.

'If I have to switch arm, I wonder if Hunter will continue keeping score or start anew?' She thought.

She didn't have to worry about that for a while though, because it was thirty minutes and she hadn't even broken a sweat, and she was well past quadruple digits. Amity was becoming redder every second, and Willow and Gus had the mop and bucket.