Ch. 8: Time to Step Up

After mopping up Amity, they went into the woods. Willow poured the bucket containing Amity onto the ground and made a spell circle, making a giant flower grow and open, revealing Amity.

"Well, that was an experience." Amity said, trying not to look embarrassed.

"You're telling me. I didn't think a witch could turn into abomination mush unless you trained for years. That's how the current abomination coven leader, Darius, told me." Hunter said, crossing his arms.

"Well, there's no witch like Amity." Willow said, teasing her. "She's part of the Gay Coven."

"That's not a real coven." Luz said before tilting her head. "Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was."

"It is." Willow, Gus, and Hunter said.

"... It is." Amity said, blushing as she looked away.

'Wow, there is a Coven for everyone.' Luz thought.

"Anyway, let's move on. We still don't know how strong you are exactly, so try to life that rock." Amity said, pointing to a stone near the cabin.

It was about the size of a basket ball, just going from about half of it being on the ground level.

"Okay." Luz said before she walked over to it.

With a small stretch of her hand, Luz grabbed the rock and lifted it up with only a bit of effort, like it weighed less than a small stone or basketball itself.

"Well that wasn't so hard." Luz said, tossing the rock ball up and down a bit in her hand. "It feels like a beach ball."

Luz spun it on her finger a bit as everyone looked shocked at her. She shocked them even more as she dropped the rock and kicked it, making it go crashing through a tree!

"Well, supernatural strength is clearly a side effect of Titan's Blood." Hunter said, still staring in shock.

"Yeah, I guess. So what's next?" Vee asked as Luz walked over to the tree, picking it up too but with both hands. "Seriously, what is next because this is freaking me out."

"Maybe we can see how fast she is?" Camila suggested.

"And how long her endurance lasts." Hunter said, adding to the suggestion.

"Sounds good to me, a little race will do should help but first we need to fix this tree." Luz said, pointing to the broken stump while she still held the tree. "Willow, I need you to fix it while I hold it in place, okay?"

"Sure, not the weirdest thing we've done." Willow said, rolling her eyes. "And trust me, I keep a list."

"Is "growing an Amity" at the top of it?" Luz asked.

"Not even top ten." Willow said.

Drawing a spell circle, Willow made the stump of the tree grow vines and bark to reconnect with the severed top half as Luz held it in place.

"There we go, all better." Luz said, moving away from the repaired tree. "Now, about the speed and endurance test."

"Well, I think I have an old treadmill, maybe we can use that to see how fast and how long she can run." Camila said, rubbing her chin.

"But that's all the way back at the house and it weighs a ton." Gus said, putting the mop and bucket in the cabin. "How are we going to get it here?"

"I could go get it." Luz suggested. "I mean, I did just break a tree in two by kicking a large stone at it, there's not much I can't lift."

"I guess but hurry back. We don't want anyone to see the new you yet exactly." Camila said to her daughter.

"Don't worry, I'll be back soon." Luz said before took off running towards the house, instantly twice or thrice as fast as she normally was with a bit of wind rushing after her.

'I don't know the full extent to what that Titan's Blood did to me, but I love it so far.' Luz thought as she made it back to the house in record time.

She slid to a stop before entering the back door, looking around for where the old treadmill was.

'It's probably in the basement.' Luz thought, heading to the basement/ Gus's and Hunter's room.

With most of the space being organized for the guys to live in, it was easy for Luz to find the old treadmill and picked it up with little effort. It weighed much less than the tree.

"Now to get back-" Luz stopped talking once an item came into her line of sight.

The cage that Flapjack slept in before...IT happened. Before HE happened. Her playfulness at her new abilities was overshadowed with a deep hatred, one for a being that deserved it and nothing less!

'Belos, just you wait. Next time I see you, I'm gonna crush you like a bug!' Luz thought before approaching the cage and putting a hand on it, giving a silent prayer for her lost friend. 'I'll get revenge for you, Flap, and for everyone he tricked.'

Once her prayer was done, Luz began to head out back to the cabin as everyone was still waiting for her. Unaware to her though, she stepped on a notebook with glyphs in them as she left and walked up the stairs. As the door closed behind her, a small light formed from the notebook and floated in the air. Just a few seconds before fading out, like it was never there in the first place.