Ch. 22: Surprise Eureka!

'I was wrong! I was very wrong!' Camila thought as they flew into town.

The speed and height they flew was nothing Camila could've prepared for! Even if she's ridden in airplanes before, they had covers to protect her from the elements!

After a few minutes of flying and following Luz, they landed in Bonesborough as Camila immediately got off the staff.

"Oh sweet ground, I'll never leave you again!" Camila said, hugging the ground.

As everyone stared at Camila, Luz looked around the town to see how everything had aged. Streets deserted with broken down buildings, some of which have most likely been looted. Some of the buildings even had graffiti writing on them. She went over to one of them.

"Amelia, Cat, where are you? Frowny face with three eyes." Luz said, gaining a blank expression. "Hmm... wonder who wrote this."

"20 snails it's Boscha." Willow said with a blank tone.

"100 snails it's Skara asking for Boscha." Gus said.

"I don't know." Luz said, looking to the group. "I may not like Boscha, but we know that Amelia is... well... that... and I know Boscha does truly care about them. So I wouldn't be surprised if Boscha is actually looking for them."

"If she wrote Cat's name, it's safe to say that both her and Amelia became... those things." Amity said, feeling a bit sad. "They don't deserve that."

'I may not be on good terms with Boscha, but I'm not going to lie when I say I consider those two friends.' Amity thought.

"Nobody deserved that.....puppetization or whatever. Once we defeat Belos and the Collector, everyone will be back to normal." Hunter said before looking around. "The question now though, is where is Eda and King? We saw them flying to town."

As everyone began searching the skies for them, Gus had noticing something ELSE coming to town. Something big.

"Uh, guys." Gus said, pointing to his left. "Something... sparkly is coming."

"sparkly?" Everyone asked.

Looking where the illusionist pointed, as a giant water like wave of color and sparkles was washing towards them!

"Everybody back!" Camila said, pulling Gus and Willow to an alley!

Luz grabbed Amity and jumped to one across the street as Hunter teleport rushed to follow!

The wave flew passed them and the world became colorful and... well, not really full of life when the only life there is are a bunch of wooden puppets. All of them being actually citizens turned into puppets! They say Amelia, Cat, and even one of Willow's dad!

"No. Amelia, Cat?" Amity said in horror, seeing her friends up close as puppets.

Dad!" Willow said in a panic.

Willow rushed out to her father, who seemed to be walking around like it was a normal day!

"Willow, stop!" Hunter said, teleporting in front of her.

"Hunter, move! Please!" Willow said, tears building up.

"We don't know what's going on. Please, I can't risk you becoming one of these puppets." Hunter said, holding his arms up. "I can't lose anyone else close to me."

"But my dad! He's right here in front of me and you want me to do nothing?!" Willow asked, crying.

"No, I'm not. I just want you to wait until we can save him and everyone." Hunter said, putting his hands on her shoulders.