Ch. 31: The End

In the archives of Collector's castle, a pile of four puppets laid on the ground with several glyphs around them.

'Luz ain't going to let us live this down.' Amity thought, for several reasons, 'If i can just reach that glyph.'

In what can only be described as an act of pure Lesbian defiance, Amity was able to get control of her finger and was able to tap the light glyph. She closed her eyes and turned back to normal. She gasped for air as she slowly leaned up and looked around a bit, her vision blurry as the others were also turned back from the glyph. Amity blinked her eyes to help restore her vision, clearing enough to see a bit before she saw some familiar puppets.

"M-m-miss Lilith?" Amity asked, starting to stand up.

She looked next to Lilith and let out a gasp.

"Em!" Amity yelled, running to hug the puppet, even if Emira couldn't hug back, "I'm so happy to see... you... oh Titan."

Amity took a step back as she looked next to Emira... seeing Cat. Or what was left of her.

She was missing a leg, the lower part of her arm, an eye, and it looked like someone stabbed her multiple times in the face. Amity knew this wasn't good for a number of reasons, one because she saw Cat earlier that day when Amelia was still a puppet, she completely fine. Two, Amelia said the puppets were sentient, which means Cat 100% was aware of this happening to her. Third... she was probably already pretty messed up mentally from this whole puppet thing, this wasn't going to help at all! Amity walked up to Cat with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry you had this happen to you, Cat." Amity said, hugging the puppet, "I know this won't mean much, but Amelia is safe... she's normal again... we'll do the same to you... after we... find your pieces."

Amity cried a bit, with the tears falling onto Cat's face. The tears went into the empty eye socket. Amity felt something touch her and it was Cat's remaining arm, holding her like she was trying to hug Amity.

"Am... i...ty." Cat said, before going limp again.

Amity jolted from her word, pulling back to see the light in Cat's eye was still inside despite all the injuries someone gave to her.

"Cat, I swear we're gonna heal you when this is done and we'll find whoever did this to you." Amity said, drying her tears.

The others got up and looked around, seeing many different puppets of their friends/loved ones. Hunter just looked at the floor and closed his eyes. He was more concerned about Luz, there's no way she ok after what they just did to her. And after all they said to her.

'There's no way we meant all of that, right? It could've just been Belos lying to the Collector to make us say that.' Hunter thought.

Luz had been nothing but kind to him since the day they saved the palsimen. Always seeing the best in him when he couldn't see it in himself and becoming like a sister in the human realm.

Even then, though, he did think that about Luz at one point like that, that she ruined everything... he on more than one occasion wished she never came to the Isles... that was before he learned the truth of course.

'That's... that's what it was... it made us tell her things we thought about her at one point.' Hunter thought.

As painful as it was, that was the truth. The hard, cold, and honest truth.

Willow thought her life was ruined because she brought Luz to school as her abomination project after they first met.

Gus thought the same when bring Luz to school cost him his club, the Human Appreciation Society.