Ch. 10: A Light Lunch

As Luz carried Amity all the way home while everyone walked ahead of them, everyone had thoughts about what other abilities Luz could develop since she swallowed the literal life blood of magic in the demon realm.

Willow thought she would grow extra limbs like wings to fly or spider like arms to climb.

Hunter thought she create an army of clones at her command.

Gus thought she could grow to be as tall as the Titan.

Vee thought she could control life and death to bring back the rest of the basilisk race.

Even Camila thought she would grow a tail or horns to look more like what she assumed a Titan would look like.

The unknown was staring them in the face, it was hard not to think, even Luz was wondering if she would get any other abilities.

'Could I develop a sonic roar like King?' Luz thought, moving a hand to rub her throat. 'That would make Bard classes both very interesting, and very terrifying.'

Once they made it back to the house, Camila decided to order lunch for them but they all had to make a choice.

"I vote for Chinese." Gus said.

"No, tacos." Willow said, shaking her head.

"No, the obvious choice is pizza! Extra large with stuffed crusted." Vee said before gesturing to Luz. "With Luz, we need to think BIG for her new stomach."

"If we did that, we may have to order four of them just for her." Hunter said.

"That's optimistic." Amity said, being set on the couch. "Her stomach is a bottomless pit, she'll win any of the eating contests she enters no problem."

"I've won once already!" Luz said, with a smile.

"The tentacle eating competition doesn't count since if you don't finish, you die." Amity said to her.

"I still won!" Luz said with her arms crossed.

"Excuse me?" Camila asked in shock. "A tentacle eating contest?!"

"I'm surprised she's focused on that rather than the you lose you die concept." Hunter whispered to Willow, who nodded.

"Yeah that's was a very weird day. Even by Luz's standards." Willow whispered.

"Now back to food, I am thinking we go with Vee's suggestion and order pizza." Luz said.

On this day, Camila's wallet cried. Even with the large vegetables and fruits Willow created with her magic, Camila still had a LOT to pay for as she ended up ordering 8 extra large pizzas! And five of them were just for Luz!

Camila was so saddened by this, she nearly ate a whole pizza by herself to drown her sorrow!

'I need to ask for a raise.' Camila thought.

Luz really hated that she was causing her mom pain in the bank account.

'Next time, I'll stick to mostly fruit Willow grows.' Luz thought as she put three slices of meat lovers on top of each other and ate them at the same time.

"You've got a big mouth, you know that?" Vee commented on Luz's eating.

"You're one to talk, Ms. Magic Sucker." Luz replied, smirking at her. "Your mouth was literally-"

"No sexual innuendo in this house!" Camila shouted at them both.

Both girls laughed, amused by this and their argument.

"Okay, mom." They both said, rolling their eyes.

"Um, what's a sexual innuendo?" Gus asked.

"You'll learn when you're older." Camila said quickly

"How old?" Gus asked.

"Old enough." Camila said to him.

Later that night, Luz and Hunter were doing the dishes. Luz looked up and saw the look on Hunter's face.

"Hey, something wrong?" Luz asked.

"Belos is out there, doing who knows what, hurt who knows who." Hunter said, gazing out the kitchen window. "He could be watching us right now, and we'd have no idea."

"He won't hurt you again, I promise." Luz said.

Hunter held his chest.

"It's not me that I'm worried about." Hunter said.

Luz put a hand on Hunter's shoulder.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save Flapjack." Luz said, saddened by this once more. "I keep thinking I was doing the right thing when I drank the Titan's Blood, I thought I would be able to stop whatever he had planned. I mean, I was dying, so I wasn't thinking about the consequences. I didn't think about how you would all be stuck here, I didn't think about how I would be hurting others... I just keep making things worse."

"Yeah, you do... like helping Willow and Amity become friends again, helping me see what kind of monster Belos is, helping Gus with his human club, helping Vee, who literally stole your life. Not to mention helping Eda break into a jail after you knew her for five minutes... yeah, clearly you make everything worse for everyone." Hunter said, smiling at Luz. "Luz, you may have shown Belos the light glyph, which helped him meet the collector, but if it wasn't you, then it would've been someone else. Belos is a manipulator, he's a trickster, he used people and then gets rid of them. If it wasn't for you, then everyone would be dead right now. Eda would be petrified, our friends wouldn't have become friends... you... you saved me. I thought I knew who I was, but when you showed me that I don't have to be what anyone tells me-"

He was cut off when Luz hugged him.

"Thank you, Hunter." Luz said, with tears falling down.

Hunter returned the hug, only to feel something wet. He looked down and saw that Luz had grabbed a knife a little too hard.

"Luz, you're bleeding." Hunter said, putting the knife down and looking at her hand. "Okay, I think I... Luz... has your blood always been blue?"