Ch. 15: Danger Is Near

Luz walked to her locker and began to get her stuff ready for her first class. Still feeling chipper, Luz hit a high note on her whistling and mad a few students turn to her before she finished the song.

"Well, someone is in a good mood." Masha said, walking towards Luz with a smile.

"Let's just say I had an interesting weekend." Luz said to them. "Ever since Halloween night actually."

"Ah, my story of the Brother's Wittebane really helped you did it?" Masha asked.

"... You could say that." Luz said vaguely.

'Both in learning the truth and stopping Belos for now.' Luz thought, putting her bag inside her locker.

"So, what have you been up to since, Masha?" Luz asked, being friendly.

They shrugged.

"Just working at the Gravesfield HIstorical Society." Masha said, crossing their arms. "Making some good money there."

"Even better than Jacob?" Luz asked with a smirk.

"Heck yeah since I do a good, honest, and truthful job." Masha said with pride. "Plus I don't make fake exhibits just to boost my own ego."

'And you don't kidnap people and try and dissect them.' Luz thought, remembering the day she met her sister.

"So you ready for class?" Luz asked.

"Yeah, not looking forward to it, but yeah." Masha said.

The two began to walk down the hall when they see a familiar blonde girl with a pink stripe through her hair came into their line of sight.

"Oh no, here comes Tracey." Luz said, sighing.

"Great, what does queen bee want?" Masha asked, rolling their eyes.

If there was one thing Luz and Masha genuinely shared, that wasn't from when Vee impersonated Luz for a few months, it was they both didn't like the popular and snooty girl along with all the stereotypes she represents.

Head cheerleader, most popular, wealthy; she had all the boxes checked, but Luz had something that blew all of those out of the water. Something she was going to show off as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small wrench.

"Well if it isn't the weirdo squad, are you two ever-"

Luz looked at her and ripped the wrench like paper, making Tracey stop in her tracks.

"Keep messing with us, and that will be your spine." Luz said, low and glaring at Tracey.

Tracey stared at Luz for a moment before quickly backing away with her hands up.

"Okay, okay, no need to threaten me." She said while panicking inside.

'HOW DID SHE DO THAT?!' Tracey thought before leaving the duo.

"Woah, how did you do that?" Masha asked, looking at Luz in awe.

"Oh, you know, just a... paper mache wrench, looks like a real one, but light weight and easy to destroy... anyway, let's get to class." Luz said, making up a cover story.

Luz quickly crumbled up the "paper maché" wrench and put it in her pocket, walking to class as Masha followed.

Once they reached the classroom, they sat in their seats. All while something was gazing from the window, keeping a watchful eye on Luz and Luz alone.

'Yes, this is my chance.' Belos thought, condensed into a small pile of muck. 'She won't dare try and reveal herself in front of others. Now how to get in?'

Belos looked over the window, only to see the window was air tight. So what else could he possibly do? That's when he saw a rain gutter to the side of the building. He could go in from the roof and get in through a door or vent.

'Perfect.' He thought as he slithered up to the roof, moving into a vent, and into the school.

He moved to the nearest light source before looking through the vent cover and saw a person he could possess. A girl with blonde hair, Tracey, looking through her locker.

'Hmmm, this girl shall do.' Belos thought, slowly slithering down the vent towards the young girl.

Tracey heard a noise and looked around, wondering what the source was and why she was hearing it.

'What is that weird noise?' She thought before looking up to see green goo fall from the vents.

Tracey quickly moved aside as it landed before her, slowly forming into Sludge Belos as he towered over her. Yet before she could scream, he had covered her mouth with his hand and shushed her.

"Quiet now, no need for alarm. You'll do perfectly." He said before melding with her and possessing her, making Tracey's eyes turn an eerie blue. "Hehehe... this shall be exciting."

With the body under his control, Belos walked into the hallway and made his way to Tracey's class with Luz. Her memories were very useful right now.

Now to just wait for an opening, which wouldn't be that hard since Tracey's seat was right in FRONT of Luz!