Ch. 11: Amazing News

"Blue? Did you say "blue?"" Luz asked before raising her hand, looking at her cut hand.

The cut in question was slowly closing but the blood remained, as blue as the deep ocean. Just like it was from the glove back in the demon realm.

"Oh Titan." Luz said, with wide eyes. "I... I..."

Luz eyes rolled into the back of her head and she passed out. As she stared into the black nothingness, she heard the voice calling her again.

"Luz...Luz..."

Suddenly, Luz found herself in a pitch black void where gravity didn't exist. All that was there was Luz herself but the voice could still be heard as it called out to her.

"Luz...."

"W-w-who's there?" Luz asked.

"Portal... you..."

"Wha-"

Suddenly Luz woke up, and was breathing heavily and frantically looking around.

The last place she remembered being was in the kitchen before she passed out, but now she was in her room on the bottom bunk.

"Luz, are you-"

She reached out and grabbed the throat of Amity, strangling her, unaware of what was going on.

"Luz!" Amity grunted out, choking from Luz's grip.

Hearing her voice and slowly calming down, Luz shook her head and realized what she did!

"Amity!" Luz said in shock before she released her girlfriend, letting her fall to the floor!

Amity began breathing heavily, trying to get as much oxygen as possible.

"I... I'm fine." Amity said.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't-I would never-" Luz said, getting up and helping Amity up.

"Luz, it's okay. I know you didn't mean it." Amity said, her voice slowly returning to normal.

"I'm just glad it was only one hand, if you used both I may not have survived." Amity said.

"Please don't tell me that, I don't need to hear about how I almost killed you." Luz said.

"Well... I was just on my way to check on you." Amity said.

Luz looked down and saw dried blue blood on Amity's hands.

"Uh, what's going on?" Luz asked.

"Well, Hunter told us about your blood, and we took blood samples after you passed out." Amity said, still rubbing her throat. "We learned something about you."

"What is it?" Luz asked.

"Luz, you're... the perfect combination of Titan and Human." Amity said, explaining what she learned. "You're not either of them, but at the same time, both of them. You're like a... Titan Blessed."

"So, I have Titan's Blood." Luz said, gaining a wide smile! "We can make a portal!"

"We need to see just what you can do first." Amity said, trying to calm Luz down. "Like I said, you have Titan's Blood, but you aren't a Titan, you're like a... container of sorts."

"More tests? Fine by me, I still think this is a great thing! We can now get back even sooner!" Luz said, smiling at Amity.

"Everyone else feels the same but still, don't get too eager. We don't know how taking too much blood will affect you." Amity said.

"Well let's start small then." Luz said, thinking for a second. "How about we try glyphs? If I have Titan's Blood flowing through me, then theoretically, they should work!"

Amity nodded to this as Luz walked to her desk, grabbing her notebook full of sketches and full of glyphs.

Luz looked at the book, feeling very nervous. She tapped a light glyph and a blue ball of light rose from it.

Luz gasped in shock of it, seeing the familiar light once again. Even if it's a different color, it was the same light spell!

"It's beautiful." Luz said, reaching out to touch it.

"It's... the same color as your blood." Amity noticed.

"Yeah...but I'm sure that's nothing." Luz said with a smile, waving her hand to move the light around. "This is still good news! I can use magic again!"

"Let's go tell the others and see what else you are capable of." Amity said.

Luz snuffed out the light orb as she followed Amity out of her room to the den, thinking about all of the glyphs and glyph combos she could do again thanks to the titans blood now revealed inside of her veins.

"Luz, rapid healing or not, you need to slow down! You just woke up!" Amity said, following her.

Unfortunately, Luz won't be the only one excited about her having Titans Blood... the small bit of goo hiding on the windowsill is equally excited.