Ch. 2: The Truth

Luz opened her eyes and began breathing heavily, frantically looking around.

"I... I'm in my room." Luz said.

Luz remembered what happened and lifted her shirt and seeing... nothing... not even a scar. Luz was so confused and grabbed her phone. Before even unlocking it, she began panicking. She saw her reflection and notices that... her eyes weren't their usual color. She unlocked her phone and opened her camera app. She looked at herself with it, seeing her eyes being blue, the exact shade of the Titans blood. She heard the door open and saw Hunter, heavily scarred.

"Luz?" Hunter said, walking over to her, "You... you're awake!"

He hugged her, almost afraid to let go of her.

"Hunter? What happened? Where's Belos?"

Hunter let go and had a sad look.

"I... I don't know." Hunter said, "He took off shortly after you began to flatline... Luz... Flapjack... he's... he-"

Luz immediately understood and pulled Hunter in for another hug.

"I'm so sorry, Hunter." Luz said, hugging him tightly.

Hunter closed his eyes and let out a few breaths.

"The... the others will want to know you're awake." Hunter said, leaving the hug and wiping his eyes, "They're downstairs."

"Then let's go." Luz said.

Luz walked over to the door and grabbed the handle. Luz opened the door... and accidently pulled it clean off the hinges.

"Guh!" Luz let out, nearly dropping the door before catching it in her hands.

'What the hex?!' Luz thought, placing it against the wall. 'Did I do that or did the hinges give out?!'

Luz looked at her hands, front and back for anything out of the ordinary but just found them to be "normal" looking as usual.

"The... the hinges must've finally given out." Luz said, "I mean, Willow was using mud in here before, maybe it rusted them."

That had to be it, because the only other possibility is that she has superhuman strength.

But Luz was a human, there was no way she could just instantly gain superhuman strength without magic...unless.....

Luz shook her head, it wasn't possible. She headed downstairs, where she was immediately taken to the floor by a girl that was both relieved and pissed off.

"Luz!" Amity said happily before grabbing Luz's shirt collar and begins shaking her, "If you ever do something like that again, I will freeze you in Abomination goo!"

"Whahahahahahat?" Luz asked while shaking.

"You heard me, you very beautiful reckless woman!" Amity shouted as she stopped shaking Luz. "You're lucky I love you so much, or else I'd slap you silly!"

"Okay, Amity, you can let up, she's already died once, we don't need her to get whiplash." Willow said.

"Maybe she should!" Amity said before Gus and Vee pulled her back.

"Sorry about her, Amity was up half the night looking after you after we drove Belos away. Finding an empty vile of Titan's blood next to you was NOT a good hint." Vee said to her sister.

"I... I had to make sure he couldn't get it." Luz said rubbing the back of her neck, "I... guess I didn't realize that it means... there's no way back to the demon realm."

Everyone remained silent at this, knowing this to be the truth. The cold, hard, sour truth.