Ch. 6: Showing Off

It didn't take long for the rest of the house to hear about Luz's new physique. She may have been able to hide it under her shirt, but Willow blabbed a bit.

"She's as ripped as an ogre! Seriously! Luz went from a stick to a log over night!" Willow said as they all sat at the kitchen table for breakfast.

Luz rolled up her sleeve, while not overly muscular, you would definitely think she lifted weights every now and then.

"Think I could beat Hunter in an arm wrestling contest?" Luz asked, looking at Hunter. "He is pretty scrawny."

"I am not scrawny!" Hunter said, standing up and flexing his right bicep. "I am SLIM yet FIRM, there is a difference!"

"No there's not." Luz said.

"YES THERE IS!" Hunter shouted.

"Then what do you call Willow? She's buffer than you." Luz said, gesturing to the plant witch.

It was true, Willow wasn't portly or chubby for her age. It was all just muscle that LOOKED like fat.

"I am aware of that and I feel no shame in agreeing with you. She's a beast that can beat my ass any day of the week!" Hunter said, making Willow blush.

"Hey, what you two do behind closed doors is not something to talk about at the breakfast table." Luz said, biting into a giant apple that Willow grew for her.

It was a miracle Willow was able to grow large fruit just in one night but with how hungry Luz was yesterday and how much stronger she is today, Willow knew it was needed. Not to mention it was the SIZE of her head!

"So juicy." Luz said, licking her lips.

'And now, the food budget crisis is over.' Camila thought with a grin as she prepared breakfast.

"So, about that test to see all of what the Titan's Blood did to you, you free after school?" Gus asked Luz, holding a notepad.

"Always but it's still the weekend, Gus. We've got all day." Luz said.

After last night's excitement and horror, it was easy to forget it was the weekend.

"Great! After breakfast we can go to the woods and see what you're capable of!" Gus said with a smile.

"Oh! Speaking of, what is for breakfast?" Luz asked, still eating the large apple but still hungry.

"For everyone, omelets. For you, more large fruits." Camila said, pointing her spatula at Luz. "I'm afraid you'll have to become a vegetarian for a while or I may have to start buying whole cows in order to feed you."

"Oh come on mom, I won't eat that much meat. Maybe a steak or two but no more." Luz said, waving off her mother.

"It's still too risky." Camila said before looking to Amity, Gus, and Willow. "Unless one of you knows a size spell to make other food bigger."

Magic could do lots of things and size altering was a pretty basic one. Very useful and powerful but very basic. If humans had it, they could solve world hunger by just making all crops and food bigger so nobody could go hungry.

"Uh, I might be able to work on that." Amity said, holding her finger up. "May take a day to fully do it without making it dangerous to Luz."

"At this point, I think Luz is pretty much invincible." Gus said, his elbow on the table.

"Maybe but we can't be sure. Though I still like the sound of that." Luz said with a small smirk.

"Don't got a big head, Luz." Vee said, nudging her sister.

"Don't worry, I won't." Luz said, biting her apple again.

'Hopefully "big head" isn't a side effect.' They all thought as breakfast was served.