Ch. 21: Home Sweet Home

Coming out of the portal, everyone was surprised to find themselves NOT in the demon realm, but in an entirely new realm!

It was abstract, yet seemingly small, consisting of a nebulous space occupied by a black reflective pool on both surfaces of the dimension. In the pools themselves are structures of iridescent, abstract architecture stretching upward, forming a continuous canyon, while black cubes float from the bottom pool toward the pool raised above.

"What the fuck?!" Gus shouted in shock, his voice echoing through the mystery realm.

"Hey, language!" Camila said.

"I have to agree with Gus! What is this place?!" Willow asked, huddling close to Hunter.

"Is this the Boiling Isles?" Hunter asked in fear.

"No, it's not. I've been here before. This was where I was when I learned about Vee." Luz said, looking around before pointing to one of the floating cubes. "All you have to do is say a name and you see them in the cubes."

Amity suddenly got an idea.

"Hmm, maybe my old grudgby team." Amity said, looking to one of the cubes. "... Amelia!"

A black cube began floating in front of Amity and she looked at it. She nearly screamed when she saw what was on the other end. Gathering around her and looking into the cube, everyone could see the tall green haired witch was not herself. Instead, she looked to be made of wood and wearing a glittery version of her grudgby uniform.

"W-w-what happened to her?" Willow asked, knowing her from Plant classes.

"What about the others?" Hunter asked.

"Uh... Gilbert Park!" Willow said, worried about her dads.

A black cube rose and Willow nearly broke down seeing one of her dads as a puppet.

"P-Peter Porter!" Gus shouted in worry.

"Darius and Eberwolf!" Hunter shouted.

While they went to look for their relatives and family figures, Luz looked up upon hearing what sounded like muffled panting. She saw a golden figure rushing towards her, stopping to take a breath before rushing again and waving at Luz.

"Uh, guys, do you see that to?" Luz asked.

"See what?" Hunter asked Luz.

"That!" Luz said, pointing to the rushing golden figure.

The group looked up.

"Luz, are you feeling okay?" Amity asked, not seeing anything.

"No, I see it too." Camila said, adjusting her glasses.

The others didn't see it, but they figured that maybe it's because Luz and Camila are human, or rather Luz is at least part human still... they think. Before they could question anything, a bright flash happened and everyone was in the familiar world of the demon realm. Stumbling around, everyone saw they were now in a forest.

"What was that?" Amity asked.

"Don't know. Maybe some lag between dimensions? It could be why we ended up in that "place."" Hunter said.

"Maybe... come on, Belos had a head start, we need to move." Luz said, walking forward.

Everyone agreed with Luz as they began to walk through the forest, not noticing any changes aside from the color of the sky.

"So, this is the demon realm?" Camila asked.

"Yep." Luz said before she held out her hand and stopped them. "And that's what I am."