20.

Serenity "Sin" Love
January 20, 2020
Hospital

I made it back to Memphis yesterday so I could get this shit outta my mouth. It's been the longest month or so with it in my mouth. Markeyvius and my granny brought me up here up to the hospital. I am nervous as fuck but happy at the same time.

•After Surgery•

They rolled me outta surgery into the waiting room. Where they was waiting on me.

Granny walking up to me, "How did everything go?" Asking.

"Great...she will be a lil woozy cause of the anesthesia but once it wears off she should be perfectly okay." Doctor Mills said. "Uhmm she will have to go to speech therapy to learn talk and properly use her tongue again." He said. "I will say give it about a couple days to a week before she starts eating solid food." He said.

They talked more and the longer they did I was getting sleepier by the second. Plus I was ready to go home and lay down.

"I'm go put her in the car." Key grabbed the wheelchair from Doctor Mills.

Shaking his hand, "Thank you and nice meeting you." Key shook Doctor Mills hand.

He shook it back, "You welcome and nice meeting you too." Looking over at me, "Nice meeting you Serenity it's sad it has to be under this circumstance."

I gave him a thumbs up and waved as Key pushed me to the car. He put me in the backseat and ran back to bring the wheelchair back.

Getting in the backseat with me, "You could lay down." Laying my head across his lap.

•SWITCHING POV•

Markeyvius "Key" Cathey
January 20,2020
Moms House

"Can you go check on her?" Ms.Lottie asked me.

Getting up, "Yeah."

I got up from the couch and walked to my old room. This is where we staying at til we go back to ATL. I walked in the room to see if she was up. I seen she was laying on her stomach just scrolling. I was finnah walked back out but she seen me.

"I just came to check on you." I said.

Sitting up, "I'm gozd." Slurring her words.

"Okay. Do you need anything?" Walking over to the bed.

Looking at me, "No."

Just looking at her I could tell she was holding back tears.

Going to hug her, "Serenity don't worry you'll be back to normal in no time once you start therapy." Trying to cheer her up.

She ain't wanna talk but she did cry on my chest. It was one of those quiet cries but her tears were soaking my shirt. It's nothing I could do even if I wanted so I just let her cry it out.

•SWITCHING POV•

Lottie Higgins
January 23,2020
Police Department

Walking up to Detective Gomez desk, "Good morning." She said.

"Morning." I said.

Looking at me, "Can I help you with something?" Asking.