26.

Serenity "Sin" Love
February 25,2020
Car

"We could've just got my granny to ship my stuff down here or hired movers." Telling him.

Focusing on the road, "We could've but she wanted to see you." He said.

"And how you know that?" Asking him.

Side eyeing me, "Uhmm I mean you the only one she been with since yo grandpa died plus she told my mama and you know moms told me." He said.

"I mean you gotta point there!" Agreeing with him. Actually thinking bout it, "And you sure nobody knows we coming?!" Asking him.

Nodding his head proudly, "Yeah." "Ohhhh plus granny said that detective needs to talk to you so we gotta go there once we make it." He said.

"Okay." I said.

Changing lanes, "And she gone meet us up there." He said.

Looking on youtube, "Okay."

The car ride was pretty quiet besides the music. I just looked out the window the whole time. He had his hand laying on my leg. We finally made it to Memphis and met up with my granny and Mama Tina at the police station.

Getting out the car, "Hey granny!" Walking up to her.

Hugging me, "Hey baby!" Squeezing me tight before letting me go.

"Hey Ms.Tina." Hugging her.

Key came over and spoke to them too. Me and granny went inside while they stayed outside.

Walking up to the front desk, "Hi! What could I do for you today?" The front desk lady asked us.

"Uhmm we here to meet with Detective Bell." I said.

She gave us this you don't know look, "Uhmm let me go get Captain Hoof for you." Quickly getting up.

We looked at each other, "The heck?!" Confused. "Have you talked to him?" Asking.

"No but I got a voice message from here saying to come up here with you." She said.

Looking round, "Uhmmm."

We was standing there for like 5 minutes before this big ass man came walking up.

"Good morning!" He said. "Uhmm y'all could follow me to my office." Turning around.

We followed him to his office.

As we sat down, "Can I get y'all anything?" Asking us with the door open.

Shaking our heads, "No thanks!" I answered for the both of us.

Closing the door, "Okay." Walking over to his desk, "Uhmmm I'm Captain Hoof. And your names?" Asking us as he sat down.

"I'm Lottie and this is my grand baby Serenity." She said.

Clearing his throat, "Sorry to uhmmm be meeting under these circumstances." He said.

I'm confused cause what the fuck he mean these circumstances.

"What circumstances?" Granny asked.

"Ohhh uhmm Detective Bell ended up leaving for a better job opportunity so I have assigned you to one of our best detectives in the precinct Detective Gomez." He said. "I know y'all already met." He said.

Nodding our heads, "Yes."

"Okay uhmm she is out in the field working another case but she will be back later on. So she'll probably wanna meet with you later today or tomorrow morning." He said.