22-Shut up and drive✯

SHUT UP AND DRIVE!
________________________________________

☾ ☾ ☾

Y/N POV:

The big day has arrived.Oh lord it sounds like I'm getting married.I slip out of my bed and immediately step in the shower.The cold water hits my skin.I slowly adjust it to a higher setting and start to fully relax.

Everything going with jaden is just so beautiful.I never thought that we would ever be a thing.Not that we are but there is surely something.I don't know what exactly.I'm planning to figure it out tonight.

I get dressed and go downstairs.Everyone is at the table eating.

"Morning."

"Good morning angel!Today is your day!"says my mother.

"mhm"I nod ironically and walk over to the counter to get some pancakes.

I sit down and quietly start to eat.

"Y/n your hairstylist will be here in an hour.If you want, invite Gracie over, he can also do her hair."

She's trying so hard to make this a good day for me and of course that's what I want just-I'd like to have a little more freedom.My mom is like controlling every single thing that I do.

After eating I run upstairs again,grab my phone and text Gracie.

Me:Gracie hey!

Gracie:Hey Beautiful,how are you feeling?

Me:Yeah pretty good.How about you?

Gracie:WONDERFUL

I laugh at that.

Me:I was wondering if you'd want to come over.My mother booked a private hairstylist(so extravagant) and said that if you want he could do your hair too.

Gracie:Consider me there in..idk..2 seconds?

I love Gracie..she's really been there for me in the toughest times. She was the first person I told about my first kiss. She was the first person I told about my parents' miscommunication problems.And she's going to be the first one to know about the jaden situation-ship.She doesn't even know I've got a prom date.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

"Au-Ouch!"screams Gracie as the hairstylist combs her hair.

"Sweetie,if you'd comb your hair minimum 3 times a day..this.."he signals to the hair and then back at the mirror "..wouldn't be happening."

"Ugh you know that Y/N doesn't even brush once a day right?"

"That's not true!"I protest.

He looks at me with his green eyes and whispers in my ear:"I believe you"

"That's not fair I heard it!"she laughs.

"Now back to an important topic..who will be
Y/N L/Ns prom date?"she looks at me curiously.

I look down at my hands and chuckle.
"Jaden.."I whisper.

"Louder!"

"Jaden"

"God Louder Y/N!"

"Oh my god Jaden Walton!"

"What's with me?"I hear a familiar voice scream.I look at the window and realize that it's fully open.Mark-the hairstylist-goes to the window and asks:"Uhmm..excuse me who are you?"

"Jaden Walton."

"Ohhh..Well nothing."

"Really?I'm sure I heard my name."

"Oh my gosh not everything is about you pretty boy.Now excuse us but we have some work to do."He closes the window shut.

I look over at Gracie who looks really confused.

"Hey is everything okay..?"I ask.

"yeah it's just..you know Coco and Jaden were supposed to go together remember?"

That memory of when Gracie and I were at my house two weeks ago unlocks:"You're right..well he probably just told her he had another prom date,right?"

"Yeah maybe."

Mark interrupts us"Look straight forward and don't move if you don't wanna look like lord farquaad."

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

I adjust my green dress and look in the mirror.My hair is wavy and my make up natural.My dress fits perfectly,just like a glove would fit a hand.

I walk down the stairs and see my father talking to jaden.When they notice I'm walking down they're eyes fixate on me.

"Wow"I hear Jaden say,his pupils are dilated.

He takes my hand and kisses it gently. This little act makes me shiver. It makes me want to kiss him right there and then.

I kiss my parents goodbye and Jaden glides me out of the door.

"You look breathtaking."he says.

"You don't look bad yourself."

We hop in the car and he starts to drive off.

"J what do you want to listen to?"I want to know

"It's your night,you decide."

"Well it's also your night-"

"Y/n you decide"

I plug my phone and play my favorite playlist.
It's entitled "Taylor Swift goodies"which practically means that every taylor swift song is in that playlist.

The first song that starts to play is Lover.I start to sing the lyrics to the song and he looks over at me.Then he rolls the windows down and we literally vibe until we're at school.