Playing in the Snow | Kaidan x Ma'lanna (Oc) (Oneshot)

《Here's an idea I thought of for a Skyrim oneshot with one of my favorite follower mods!》

✎Self Indulgent

《↬.•.•✿•.•.↫》

Ma'lanna looks out the window and sees a blanket of powdery white snow covering every known surface. It's still lightly snowing, just dusting everything with small snowflakes. Ma'lanna, who has lived in the ashy parts of Solstheim and barely got to see the snow, lets out a joyful gasp. They always thought the snow looked beautiful, and they want to play around in it now that they have the chance.

"Kaidan! Kaidan Kaidan Kaidan!" Ma'lanna says excitedly. Kaidan, who's sitting up in a separate bed in their shared room in The Frozen Hearth, looks up at them.

"Aye? What is it?" Kaidan asks, worried something bad happened.

"Snow! It's snowing and it looks so pretty! Can we go out in the snow? Please~?" Ma'lanna asks with childlike excitement. Their pleading expression honestly looks adorable to Kaidan. They have a big smile which shows their chubby cheeks, and their eyes practically lit up at the sight of the snow.

Kaidan stiffs out a chuckle and glances away. "Alright, I guess it wouldn't hurt." He says.

"YES! Alright alright alright!" Ma'lanna says with the energy of a child and rushes over to their knapsack, searching for warm clothes they could wear that isn't armor.

↠❀↞

After Ma'lanna puts on some comfortable clothes, Kaidan still wearing his armor just in case anything attacks them, they leave Winterhold and go to a secluded place.

"Look at all the snow! It's so pretty!" Ma'lanna says happily. Kaidan stiffs out a chuckle at their reaction. "What?" Ma'lanna asks, glancing over at him with a smirk after hearing his chuckle.

"Ah, it's... nothing. Never mind it." Kaidan says. Ma'lanna gives him a look that says, "I know it's not nothing." "It's just snow, we've seen it like a million times." Kaidan says.

"Well you've seen it a lot more than I have. I grew up on the ashy part of Solstheim and I haven't seen much snow. It just looks so pretty, I can't help but get excited!" Ma'lanna says happily.

They giggle and fall backwards into the snow, giggling more and sitting up. There's snow on their fur and they have a cheerful smile. The snow on their fur makes them look really pretty to Kaidan and he can't help but stare. This hasn't been the first time he's stared at them, intentionally or not. Usually he doesn't realize he's staring until Ma'lanna looks over at him. Even then, sometimes he continues staring.

"Kaidan? Are you okay?" Ma'lanna asks, noticing his staring. They always got a little flustered every time they would catch him staring. Recently they've been catching him staring at them an awful lot. 'Why does he stare at me a lot, it couldn't be because... no, there's no way.' is a constant thought in Ma'lanna's mind. They doubt Kaidan could ever like them back despite the obvious signs. Their insecurities keep telling them that and they believe it.

"Hm? Oh yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." Kaidan mumbles and glances away, slightly blushing as he snaps out of his gaze.

"You were staring at me again~" Ma'lanna says in a teasing tone with a grin.

"Not like you've done the same." Kaidan snaps back with a grin, looking back at them.

Ma'lanna lets out a flustered squeak and blushes slightly. "Y-You noticed that?" They ask.

"Of course I did. You may be the sneakiest thief I've ever met, but you're not so sneaky with your "subtle" staring." Kaidan says with a grin.

Ma'lanna blushes more and glances away with their arms crossed, letting out a small "hmph." "You weren't supposed to notice..." They mumble, feeling embarrassed and flustered.

"How could I not notice a pretty woman like you staring at me?" Kaidan asks with a grin. Ma'lanna lets out a flustered squeak and blushes more, which makes Kaidan chuckle. "Are you okay?" He asks, finding their flustered reaction adorable.

Ma'lanna lets out a flustered squeak again and blushes more. "F-Fine!" They squeak out, making him chuckle again.

↠❀↞

After a bit of Ma'lanna playing in the snow and Kaidan watching them with a love-struck look, they plop down next to him after they ran out of energy.

"Whew, th-that was fun!" Ma'lanna says happily, shivering a bit from the cold. Their fur helped with the cold a little bit but they're still pretty cold.

"Cold?" Kaidan chuckles. They shiver and nod, humming in response. He chuckles again and wraps them in a thick blanket. They smile and lay against him, which makes him blush slightly and he pulls them closer. The two of them lay against each other by the campfire for a while in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence while they have this peaceful couple of moments.

《↬.•.•✿•.•.↫》