Falling in Love With You | Basil x Amber (Oc) (Oneshot)

✎Self Indulgent

《↬.•.•✿•.•.↫》

Basil is staying in a hotel in London. His so-called, "arch nemesis," lives in their lair which is supposedly close by the hotel, reason why he's staying there in the first place. He walks into his hotel room, tired and worn out for the day. He looks over on the bed and stops, seeing a gift box on it. He reads the note in his head.

Basil of Baker Street

I heard your violin was broken, so I bought you a new one for you. I hope you like it~

Sincerely, your secret admirer♡

Who is this "secret admirer" and how did they know his violin was broken? Basil sets those questions aside and opens the box, revealing a beautifully made violin. He gasps softly and picks it up, inspecting it closely. It was beautifully handcrafted with some gold engraved into it in a beautiful design. It's clear it was handcrafted especially for him. He sets it down gently and inspects the letter, trying to figure out who wrote it. There are very few choices who it could be and he honestly hopes it's a certain mouse...

The handwriting on the letter looks as if it was written by someone who usually has messy handwriting but tried to write in a somewhat readable and formal font. Basil immediately recognizes this handwriting, it's from the very mouse he came here for.

Basil grins and sets down the letter, picking up the violin and tuning it until it sounds perfect. He steps outside on the balcony, wanting to play in the moonlight.

Nearby is Amber, Basil's so-called, "arch nemesis," who's hiding behind a wall. They hope Basil didn't see her place his gift in his room...

Amber is about to walk away before they hear the sound of a violin playing. They stop, looking up and seeing Basil playing his new violin. It sounds absolutely beautiful...like a mellow song.

"Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help

Falling in love with you..." Basil begins to sing. His singing voice is absolutely beautiful and heavenly, it makes their heart flutter like the butterflies in their stomach.

"Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin

If I can't help

Falling in love with you..." Wait, is Basil singing about Amber? That can't be...can it?

"Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be..." He has to be singing about them, right? There's no way he could be singing about anyone else...right?

"Take my hand

Take my whole life too

For I can't help

Falling in love with you

For I can't help...

Falling in love...

With...

You..." Basil finishes singing on a beautiful note, letting out a sigh of blissfulness with a grin on his lips. He looks at the violin again and traces the gold design with his finger, feeling the soft materials of the violin.

Amber is blushing a bright red, trying so hard to not make any flustered noises. They're grinning widely, extremely flustered and happy. Now, they're usually very insecure and wouldn't assume something such as the person they're in love with would sing a love song about them, but there's no way Basil could've been singing about anyone else. But they still has a small doubt in their mind...

Amber quickly sneaks away, off towards their lair with a love-struck grin still plastered on their lips.

《↬.•.•✿•.•.↫》