work like a dog

**yeah this is based on how i constantly overwork myself, what about it?**

i looked up from my laptop to the clock sitting on my desk close to me, 03:45.

shit. i thought, damiano's going to be pissed if he finds out i was working this late, i switched the lights in my office off and slowly creeped into me and damiano's bedroom, careful not to wake him up.

i changed into an old t-shirt and some pajama shorts i had before i tried my hardest not to wake damiano up as i crawled into bed next to him, i dragged him towards me a bit, cradling him in my arms.

i must not have been slow enough or too rough because damiano whimpered a bit before rubbing his eyes and sitting up, looking at me. i of course was smart enough to know at the first sign of his waking up to fake asleep, so i faked him waking me up.

"shit bambina did i wake you up?" he said in a raspy voice..

"yeah but it's fine.. did you get up or something? i wanna go back to sleep! don't leave meeee!" i whine mocking the fits damiano had if i tried to get out of bed in the middle of the night or before he was ready to get up in the morning.

"no i just woke up i guess.. let's just go back to sleep bella" he said crawling back into my arms, i slightly smiled at my success in tricking damiano..

**damiano's pov**

when i woke up i got out of bed being careful not to wake up y/n, i knew she didn't get to bed until we had both "woken up" last night, but she seemed like she was trying really hard to not let me find out so i played along with it.

i mixed up some pancakes and turned on the stove being extra careful not to burn them like i usually did, i cut up some strawberries and mixed them with some raspberries and blackberries.

once i was finished making breakfast i poured a quick glass of water and brought everything up to me and y/n's bedroom where i found her scrolling on instagram,

"buongiornio bambina!" i smiled placing the tray of food next to her..

"mmm buongiornio bambino.." she said leaning up to kiss me, "thank you for this beautiful breakfast!" she giggled and motioned for me to sit down next to her.

**time skip**

once y/n finished her breakfast and i washed the dishes i knew she was going to want to get up and work but she has been working so hard lately she deserves a break.

i gave my best attempt to keep her relaxed in bed with no work on her mind but that only lasted for so long,

"okay i gotta go do some work now," she said trying to stand up after a couple episodes of grey's anatomy, i pulled her back down and started kissing her neck in any attempt to distract her.

"what are you doing?" she giggled and turned to face me, attaching her lips to mine,

"what do you mean? i'm just kissing my girlfriend!" i smirked pulling her closer to me and kissing her before she could respond..

but she pushed away and stood up before i could pull her back down, "i have work to do.." she said with a guilty face walking out of our room to her office.

**y/n's pov**

i felt bad leaving damiano alone, he seemed like he genuinely just wanted to hang out today, but the more i thought about it the more i seemed to understand it was more the fact he just didn't want me working today, he thought i was working too much,

i'm not really sure what time i started working but i do know that at 13:00 damiano stopped me to take a break and eat lunch, take a shower before we had to go into the studio.

"hang on just one more email i have to send!" i said as damiano stood in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest,

"fine, but what do you want to eat?" he questioned, his voice slightly irritated..

"pizza. margarita." i said typing out an email to some interviewers from our next tour stop, london.

after i finished i quickly hurried downstairs before damiano dragged me out of my office by the ear,

"i'm going to pick up the pizza i'll be back!" he said kissing the top of my head and leaving our shared house.

i took this as an opportunity to squeeze in a couple more emails and whipped out my phone, sitting at the kitchen table, typing out all of my thoughts..

when damiano got back i slammed my phone down on the counter so damiano wouldn't see what i was doing, we ate and talked for a while and eventually i changed into something that would be more comfortable for spending 6-8 hours in the studio.

i grabbed my laptop and airpods and we left the house for the studio, anytime we had downtime i was working and when we were playing i was thinking about working and what i had to get done and what i wanted to write,

"y/n!" victoria called me into the main studio area from the office,

"what's up?" i said,

"we need you to help us with this song.." she smiled handing me my bass.

we spent a while working on songs writing, and rewriting, then changing back to the original, then rewriting again.

i was so tired by the time we left the studio, about 20:00, i asked damiano to make me a cup of coffee when we got home,

as soon as we got home i rushed up to my office, somehow i still had work to do, the grind never stops as damiano used to say to me when he played basketball in high school.

eventually damiano brought me a cup of coffee and some snacks, he brought me a glass of water and a scone before letting me know he was going to take a shower,

by the time he was done i was still working and damiano noticed, he walked into my office and shut the door,

"stand up." he said in a low voice

"what?" i said, i heard him but it took me a minute to process, "oh." i said as he pulled me up towards him, he picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the office and into our bedroom, he dropped me onto our bed.

"damiano it's only 23:00, i have so many better things i could be doing right now!" i tried to get up but he pushed me back down,

"no, let me take care of you, you've been working like a dog!"

he watched me trying to make sure i didn't run as he walked into the bathroom, i heard him running a bath and soon he walked out of the bathroom and motioned for me to follow him.

i walked into the bathroom to where damiano had run a nice bubble bath with dreamy lights and what not.

"get in." he commanded and i did so, he got in behind me and we sat together until the bubbles all melted away and the water was tepid,

next damiano did all my skincare and body care for me, he even braided my hair so it wouldn't get tangled when i slept.

"what do you want to wear to bed?" damiano yelled from our closet into the bathroom,

"your clothes!" i yelled back.

damiano brought in some of his comfortable clothes and i changed before he carried me into our bedroom and into bed, rubbing my back until i fell asleep.

———————————————————

i fell asleep 3 times writing this, also i didn't proofread, again i'll do it tmrw

love you all so fucking much,

caz out.

word count: 1335