Author's Notes

Welcome to After Dark!

This is a Harry Potter x Reader fanfiction. It will be mostly Fem!reader, but with a little bit of Masc!reader as well (explained later in the story). There is a lack of Harry Potter x masc!reader so I decided to sprinkle in some bi Harry, because why not? 

Yes, this fanfic is named after Mr. Kitty's song After Dark, for a good reason.

This story begins in their third year, following the events of Prisoner of Azkaban, until Deathly Hallows. There will be an epilogue afterward. Before the story begins, there will be a prologue of Y/N's first day at Hogwarts!

About Y/N 

Y/N is a muggle-born who was born with an anomaly, if you can call it that, where she has random strands of red (crimson) hair that occasionally change in tint. 

She's a bit younger than the other first-years, attending Hogwarts at the age of ten instead of eleven, but turns eleven within a week at Hogwarts. It's explained why later on in the story.

She's a Gryffindor, which doesn't affect the story in any significant way, but makes it more convenient since she's part of the Golden Trio (Quartet including her).

Y/N has a rare ability that can only be wielded by the most powerful witches and wizards (typical Y/N). And a rarer, innate ability. 

Can be very aggressive and blunt sometimes, and doesn't always side with her friends if they're obviously in the wrong. Usually nice to everyone unless they're rude.

Will use he/him pronouns when Y/N is masc later on in the story (starting in the fourth year)!

Harry's and Y/N's relationship

Angst. Lots of it. 

But also lots of fluff!

Slow burn. Very slow. 

They like each other from the very start, there's a very obvious spark but they're in denial, especially Harry.

No smut. Zero smut. Absolutely no NSFW content.

It's quite the rollercoaster!

Happy ending! I think.

Story

Will be following the events of the books with bits from the movies and some other events I come up with.

Written in the third person POV. Follows Y/N most of the time, but sometimes switches to Harry's thoughts and emotions.

Will be updated weekly every Saturday, more or less.

🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺  = time skip

CAST 

Daniel Radcliffe as Harry James Potter 

But I am the Chosen One ❞

Emma Watson as Hermione Jean Granger

❝Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy? ❞

Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy? 

Rupert Grint as Ronald Bilius Weasley 

❝You need your Inner Eye tested if you ask me

You need your Inner Eye tested if you ask me.

YOU as Y/N L/N!

- You can imagine the characters however you like! This is simply for reference :) - 

Enjoy the story! 

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺  

- HJPsQuill