YR 5 ☆•°~'* 14

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

'Back again, the blood-traitor brats. Is it true their father's dying?'

Y/N scrambled to his feet and looked around. Kreacher was staring at them from the doorway with a nasty expression on his face. 

'OUT!' roared Sirius, who had just entered the kitchen. 

Kreacher slumped out of the room, muttering profanities under his breath, yet seeming oddly content about something. Y/N was sure this couldn't mean anything good, but was too worried about Mr Weasley to put much thought into it.

'What's going on?' said Sirius, stretching out a hand to help Ginny up. 'Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured-'

'Ask Harry,' said Fred.

'Yeah, I want to hear this for myself,' said George.

For the third time that night, Harry recounted the dream - or vision - he had. Y/N gave him a fleeting look when he changed the story to make it as though he had watched from the sidelines rather than having been the snake. When he was done, Fred, George and Ginny continued to stare at him for a while. 

'Is Mum here?' Fred suddenly asked, turning to Sirius.

'She probably doesn't know what's happened yet,' said Sirius. 

'We've got to go to St Mungo's,' said Ginny urgently.

'Hang on, you can't go tearing off to St Mungo's!' said Sirius.

'Course we can go if we want,' said Fred, with a mulish expression. 'He's our dad!'

'And how are you going to explain how you knew Arthur was attacked before the hospital even let his wife know?'

'Why does that matter?' said George hotly.

'It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact Harry is having visions of things that are happening miles away!' said Sirius angrily. 'Listen, your dad's been hurt while on duty for the Order and the circumstances are fishy enough without his children knowing about it moments after it happened, you could seriously damage the Order's-'

'We don't care about the dumb Order!' shouted Fred.

'It's our dad dying we're talking about!' yelled George.

'Your father knew what he was getting into and he won't thank you for messing things up for the Order!' said Sirius, equally angry.

'Easy for you to say, stuck here!' bellowed Fred. 'I don't see you risking your neck!'

Sirius looked a moment as though he would quite like to hit Fred.

'Sirius is right,' Y/N interjected quietly. Fred and George spun around to look at him. 'We have to stay put - I know it's difficult,' he added, as George opened his mouth again to argue, 'but we should wait until we hear from Mrs Weasley, otherwise it'll only complicate things.'

Fred and George still looked mutinous. Ginny, however, took a few steps to the nearest chair and sank into it. The rest of them followed suit shortly after.

'That's right,' said Sirius encouragingly, 'come on, let's all... let's all have a drink while we're waiting. Accio Butterbeer!'

He raised his wand as he spoke and seven bottles of Butterbeer came flying towards them and deposited themselves in front of them. They all drank, and for a while, the only sounds were those of the crackling of the kitchen fire and the soft thuds of the bottles on the table.

Y/N couldn't get down more than two gulps of the drink, his insides squirming with anxiety. Harry, too, seemed disturbed. The hand holding his Butterbeer bottle was shaking. Y/N, who was sitting next to him, slipped his hand into Harry's unoccupied one. It was cold and clammy, and Harry's fingers immediately intertwined tightly with Y/N's, seeking their warmth and comfort.